Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus GS 300/GS 430

Comments

• bartalk3bartalk3 Posts: 692
    The satellite radio is not part of the ML package. It's dealer installed, several hundred dollars extra (not counting the monthly fee, of course). XM is the only choice, I believe. Also, you won't get a shark fin on your roof; you'll get a black box attached to your trunk (weird).
  • howardg1howardg1 Posts: 14
    Jhamilton1: thanks for the advice, I will try dropping the "M" word. What kind of a deal did you end up getting vs. the sticker price? Im trying to get an idea on how far I can push them and what to consider a fair deal.
  • howardg1,

I was trading-in a car. It's hard to know, therefore, what kind of deal I REALLY got relative to "sticker" but I CAN tell you this; Lexus traded for $2,500 less than the lowest any Infinity dealer in the greater Dallas area would go for a comparably equipped M. Liked the M . . . alot, but not THAT much! LOL :D
  • azbuyerazbuyer Posts: 11
    Flint Mica nowhere to be found...only 2 units out of 94 to the western US. It seems Lexus is stingy on production...and color choices. I was told that the next allocation will be in excess of 200 units...hopefully not all silver or black! Does any one know how the 430 is selling in comparison to the M45? Nissan is reporting 2200+ units in March. [All M's] For what it's worth, it seems like there's a new BMW5 around every corner, a saturday afternoon visit to their shop felt like a long line at the grocery store. Infiniti was very busy as well.
  • chrisg1chrisg1 Posts: 16
    Longo Lexus has a flint mica, I believe. Have you checked w/them?
    Called them, only have silver and champagne, thanks for the feedback.
  • lexusjoelexusjoe Posts: 6
    I just put down a deposit on a Flint Mica and Black today at South Bay Lexus - Gets into port tomorrow, Think he said they had another Flint coming but not sure - and not sure of equipment. Mine is the MSRP of $46,670. With a great discount.
    Ooops --- $45,670
  • soulundersoulunder Posts: 31
    I too am looking for GS 300 Flint Mica with black interior, no Nav, no ML. I'm in Nashville - where are you? Do Lexus dealers trade cars of equal value to get requested colors or must they come from dealer allocations off the boat?
  • otguyotguy Posts: 37
    Hey Lexusjoe!
    You left us hanging. What great discount did you get on your new ride from South Bay Lexus? Thank you in advance for the info. Could you have got the same discount if you did a special order?

otguy
    No special order, no trade, only from inventory - straight purchase $42K + tax and license. Had to fight and walk a couple of times though. Longo said I couldn't get that price for at lease 6 months. I'm in Redondo Beach - Los Angeles area. Friendly nice salesman. Dealers can trade cars but usually won't give as good a deal as on one in their inventory.
  • r1_97r1_97 Posts: 181
    I think it a choice between itemizing sales tax OR state income tax.
  • dc661dc661 Posts: 71
    GS sales for March were 3209 of which 727 were gs430's.
    M sales for March were 2253 but I don;t know the breakdown.">
    Fully loaded, hard to get color, still on the boat GS 430 for $45,670???????
    I would bet the M's were about 25/75% as well. The V8's are for those uf us who want to do more than just smell the coffee.

Interesting facts, Thanks
    About flint mica...I was just at Longo Lexus this morning, they have two flint micas...I think one may be the GS430 as it had the upgraded G-Spider 18" alloy wheels (but since you can get those on the GS 300, it may have been a 300, sorry, I didn't go around the back to look), that one had a black interior, the other flint mica had a grey interior and standard wheels and was a GS300 for sure. Neither car was sold yet.
    Was at the Lexus dealer today...the standard wheels can be had in chrome, it's $900. Was also told I can't special order a car with only the nav system as all of them coming out have combo nav/ML sound but I'm going to keep trying. However, I can get one with all the other things I wanted, such as moonroof, power rear sunshade (which I was told today is basically "standard" on all of them right now), and the spoiler, so don't think getting one w/o nav too will be a problem.
    No, GS300 -- MSRP $45,670.
    Congratulations. My sales guy is saying I am 2 to 3 weeks out for delivery but #1 in priority list for the color pkg. I'm with you Flint with black is sweet. Hope he is right.

This is a great forum and has been very helpful in my buying decision. These are great cars
    Hey, did you see my posting (#1931) re: two flint micas at Longo that aren't sold yet? Saw them today.