Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus GS 300/GS 430

libertycatlibertycat Posts: 593
I hope this car has better styling (like the new ES300 NOT the IS300), more passenger and trunk room, and more standard features.

• wwestwwest Posts: 10,706
    you might be talking about a GS that infringes on the highly profitable LS market.
  • libertycatlibertycat Posts: 593
    The GS has a smaller trunk than the E Class, M45, and A6. It could use a little more leg and head room. And a few more standard features would be nice. Plus if they kept the same price, it would be in a different price range than the LS430.
  • 43810774381077 Posts: 31
    The current 430 is a good handling quick machine with perhaps the overall best interior I've seen. The ergonomics are great and that perforated leather makes you want to take a nap. Problem has always been the skin and the last revision served to make it uglier than its predecessor. Lexus should recruit a Mercedes designer or two.
  • ljohnson9ljohnson9 Posts: 7
    I am not fond of the 430 lines, but it seems many new cars are following this bubble look... I am hoping Lexus will switch to a more sculptured look and forget this aerodynamic stuff... and a 450 with 350hp would be nice.
  • 02hl02hl Posts: 8
    I've seen a picture of a high-end Japanese Toyota (Lexus in the U.S.) that the new GS is supposedly modeled after. The best way I can describe it is an Aston Martin DB7 with a smoothed over nose (where the trade-mark Aston grill is). I can't wait to see it myself. Lexus does a great job of letting its quality be its marketing, which includes spending more money to keep projects under secret.
  • I hope you guys get some idea of 2005 GS. These are from Japanese Mags for new Aristo that is the name used in Japan.
  • jjpcatjjpcat Posts: 118
    Thanks for the link.

I am confused. They look different from each other. So, which one is the new Aristo?

I can't read Japanese. But it seems to mention several engines, including 3.0L (260HP) and 3.5L (280HP). Where's the V8?
  • Sorry, I should have explaind a little bit more. These are the pic. from different car mags in Japan. And they are mostly guessing and you will have a better idea when Tokyo Motor Show opens on Nov. 5. I liked the second one from top though. The word behind 3.5L is "Turbo" but I'm not sure that they will include that. Whether the 3.0 will go up to 3.3 or 3.5 that I don't know. Wait till the Tokyo Motor Show opens.
    I can't wait to see new GS.
  • jimxojimxo Posts: 423
    Someone I know who works for the company emailed me this today:

Hey Jim,
    > Yah, I have been busy latley with the launch of the
    > refreshed LS430.
    > We were in Seattle last week and they showed off the
    > 2005 GS. Let's just
    > say it will be well worth the wait. That is one
    > nice assss car.
    > Very well thought out, There will be an AWD
    > version, not sure if the V6 or
    > the V8 gets it.
    > I have not heard any news of a hybrid
    > Sequoia/Tundra. But as time goes by
    > Toyota/Lexus will introduce hybrids into more and
    > more of the models.
    > So what's new with you???"

I emailed him with lots of questons and this was his reply:

"Hey Jim,

That pic you sent mp;a- mp;sid=96

is indeed a doctored up HPX. Doesn't look anything
    the new GS. The new GS is lower and longer. I don't know about power
    output or performance. I do know the base eng will be a V6. What
    me the most is how clean the car is styled and the interior of the
    as well. I would say the best looking Lexus or Toyota yet. Doesn't look
    like anything esle that Lexus or Toyota has come out with. Nice set of
    wheels as well. Lets just say I can't wait to get mine!!
    The hybrid RX was there as well. That has some performance as well.
    Faster that a BMW X5 V8 and gets 36mpg in the city."

Hopefully some pic's may surface now that the car is in the US.

------------------------------------------------------------------ ---------------
  • tom17tom17 Posts: 134
    So when is the 05 GS supposed to hit the showrooms?
  • 43810774381077 Posts: 31
    Assuming these photos/artist conceptions are accurate can someone talk to these guys about their wheels? Thought they had bottomed out with the SC but these appear worse.
  • Toyota says it will unveil two Lexus concepts at the Tokyo Auto Show.

Here's the information on the sedan Toyota will show:

LF-S (LEXUS Future-Sedan)
    The next-generation premium sedan LF-S embodies the Lexus brand’s new conception of luxury.
    V8 gasoline engine and high-output motor hybrid system 4WD (tentative)
    Length: 4,910mm; width: 1,895mm; height: 1,345; seats 5

Perhaps this confirms the direction of the new GS: 4WD and hybrid technology? Oh yeah, it looks like the concept SUV Lexus showed earlier this year.

I will trading in my 2000 BMW 540! BMW screwed up the new 5 series.
  • last night i saw the 2005 Gs 430 on the road, i couldnt believe what i saw!!!!

i was in NY on I495. it was a black one first i couldnt figure out what car is that then i drove next to it then i was like what the... then i found out this morning it is 2005 gs looks big, but very nice.

i guess they were testing the car or somehting..
  • jjpcatjjpcat Posts: 118
    How do you know it's the 2005 GS? Does it look like any of those spy pictures? Thanks.
  • first i saw the tail light and the huge L mark on the back of the car and i knew i never saw any other Lexus looks like that.Also that car has a curtain for hte back rear window.
    i am pretty sure it was the car b/c it looks just like the one post here. tml?*
  • The pictures don't show the exhaust pipes in the rear....
  • the pipes i saw on that car it has a rectangular exhaust on both saide goes under the car..kind looks like the Cayenne llery.html?pg_type=SUV&imgsrc=%2Fpictures%2FVEHICLE%2F2004%2F- Porsche%2F100342776%2F027859-T.jpg
  • i mean looks like the cayenne trubo
  • lenscaplenscap Posts: 854
    I mean no offense, but I do not believe you saw the new GS for two reasons. First, Lexus wants to keep this car top secret prior to its unveiling in January at the North American Auto Show. I find it very hard to believe Lexus has been driving this car around, knowing people may photograph it and ruin the January "surprise." Second, Lexus would never test a car over a year before it comes out with the "L" badge on the car. Heck, the RX 330 was spied filming a commercial only a month or so before its release and in between filming tape was placed over the "L" so nobody would see what it was. It only makes sense that you could not have seen the new GS.
  • ncg1ncg1 Posts: 2
    If the '05 GS looks anything like the LF-S concept or what has been on, then sign me up. My guess is that the final production version will feature the over-the-cowl headlights that have been incorporated on all the new redesigns; very similar to what is on the SC only "meaner". I love the "bulldog" look that the vehicle has now, I'd hate to see them soften it too much to pick-up more female customers.
  • The 'LF-S' on the autospies site says that car is the future 'LS'. They show an artists drawing of what they say is the '05 GS and it is not like the LF-S. Looks like a Volvo/BMW car. I hope they are wrong!! If not, our current GS430 may be our last Lexus. Should know for sure at the Detroit Show.
  • alpha01alpha01 Posts: 4,747
    It has been announced that the next gen GS WILL debut at the NAIAS in Detroit. Wish I could go!

• I wish I could go too!!

Wow, unveiling the GS before the Aristo!?! Amazing!
  • There may not be another Aristo since Toyota is establishing Lexus in Japan.
  • ahh yes good point..
  • to see the new GS. As another poster mentioned, the unveiling is supposed to take place at the NAIAS, in Detroit which kicks off the first week in January. Ought to be some authoritative info/pics soon afterwards....