Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda MX-Flexa / Mazda5

196979899100102»

Comments

• d5ad5a Posts: 64
    I drove a 5 and liked it. It seemed a little under power going up hills but it was fine. I had four people on board during the test drive. I have read that when fully loaded it does have a hard time going up hills.

I looked at all the vans. Like the honda but it was to much and road hard. The toyota was nice but hated the transmission. It didn't shift smoothly. Like the 5 allot but worried about the room also. Not much room behind the 3rd row. Ended up getting one of the last MPV. So far so good. Can't say its the best van out there but for the price i went for it. IT was bigger inside then the 5 and had more power. Its not nearly as sporty as the 5 but price won out. So far i have to say the mazda really is nice for what it is.
  • The pickup is fine. Was able to get up to 85 for a quick pass yesterday with 4 ppl and the back fully loaded.

We bought the 5 instead of the Ody/Sienna because it fits how we drive - 2 adults, 2 small kids, and the occasional grandparents visit. We had the same questions, and they have all been happily answered.

Plus you can use the slapshifter to downshift if you really needed to. Will be interested to see what you get. Oh, and look around mazdausa.com for a 2006 model. You should be able to get one far below invoice.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    I believe they categorized the 5 as a small wagon, and it was the highest rated model they tested. It was in an issue a few months back, maybe about a year ago.

It's smaller but a lot more fun to drive than the MPV. Probably a better city car, though the MPV would probably be better suited for trips and long distances, humming along at low revs with that V6.

-juice
This discussion has been closed.