Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scion tC

Comments

• gee35coupegee35coupe Posts: 3,475
    I also have a 1994 LS400. I'm 34 too. The Scion looks like it may be my next car. I love my Si but I want factory XM radio like my wife's Accord. Plus the Civic seems a little "young" to me at times. Can't wait to give it a closer look.
  • mackabeemackabee Posts: 4,709
    The price will stay the same wHether demand goes through the roof or not, otherwise Toyota/Scion would be defeating the purpose of this marque.
                    :)
                  Mackabee
  • stickguystickguy Posts: 13,565
    if the TC is like the Solara, the car is only XM capatible. You still need a receiver and antenae.

2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (when daughter lets me see it), 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again), and new Jetta SE (son's first new car on his own dime!)

• gee35coupegee35coupe Posts: 3,475
    XM is part of the package. The tuner is optional. Someone posted the accessory list upthread though.
  • atlantagirlatlantagirl Posts: 11
    My car is dead and gone and I'm in a rental now. Will it be realistic to expect that you can walk in and order/buy one of these when they come out (say, first few weeks of July)? Or is the apparent demand going to make it hard to get them?

I'm trying to figure out what to do - extend the rental contract (ouch) and wait for the tC, which looks absolutely beautiful and could be my perfect car ;-))) or continue drudging around the lots trying to find something that I like ok so I can get rid of the rental and have some transportation...

Thanks for any info (or educated guesses ;-)), I'm not really sure what to expect with these!

PS: Just going back looking at some previous posts, and see people have put deposits on them... awhile ago... Does it worry you to put a deposit on a car you haven't test driven? Just curious, if I *knew* I'd like it, I'd see if they'll let me do that too - but I worry that there'd be something inside that bothered me... thanks.
  • scootertrashscootertrash Posts: 698
    Did you ask your dealer when they'd be in stock?
    Seems like that would be the place to start.

I never test drive new cars before I buy them.
    I like the element of surprise.
  • atlantagirlatlantagirl Posts: 11
    I called one local dealer... it sounded like they wouldn't be in til July, first few weeks, but he didn't really sound sure...

You don't test drive the cars? Wow! I can't imagine... there have been a few cars that I thought for sure I would love that really didn't turn out too well on the test drive. Stuff I hadn't even thought of seems to pop up...
    I bought my Scion by mail.
    I never even sat in one until I drove mine off the lot.
  • pzevpzev Posts: 807
    Satellite Tuner/Antenna by Pioneer $695.00

I'm surprised they don't offer a navigation system and charge $3,000 for it. Did a search and you can buy a Pioneer Tuner for around $120-$150 and a Pioneer Antenna for $60-$120. Once you start adding these overpriced accessories the value of this car is out the window. And of course you have the $10 monthly fee to keep it going.
  • pzevpzev Posts: 807
    http://info.detnews.com/autosconsumer/autoreviews/index.cfm?id=14- 819

"Another quirk in the interior design of the tC was the appreciable lack of head clearance for any driver measuring over 5 feet 6 inches. By the end of the day, I felt like a giant driving around on a big wheel, which is a ridiculous sensation, given that I am only of average height.

I would be more than willing to sacrifice the power sunroof to yield some precious extra space for the noggin. Unfortunately, the panoramic roof comes standard."
  • Any word on what the cost of the supercharger will be?
  • SylviaSylvia Posts: 1,636
    A newspaper reporter wants to interview Scion drivers who live outside of California. Please respond to jfallon@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information by 5pm Eastern on tuesday, June 1, 2004.
    Thanks,
    Jeannine Fallon
    PR Director
    Edmunds.com
  • stickguystickguy Posts: 13,565
    based on that review, not a chance I'd ever get one (I had to pass on a 2001 Acura TL because my head was smacking the roof). I also consider a movable roof a requirement.

2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (when daughter lets me see it), 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again), and new Jetta SE (son's first new car on his own dime!)

• norcalnorcal Posts: 1
    i heard $3K for the supercharger and that it won't be available until later this year.
  • mackabeemackabee Posts: 4,709
    I just got off the phone with my district manager for Scion out here in Central atlantic Toyota (MD,VA,DE,PA,WV,NJ) and he informed me the tC will be at the port in New Jersey on June 20th. The plan is to get them out to dealers as quick as possible. Last week of June, but before the 4th of July weekend. I have one on order.

Atlantagirl, I would suggest you go to your favorite Scion dealer and put a deposit down on one. If you don't like it after you drive it then you don't have to buy it. If you're leary about leaving deposits, put it on your credit card that way you can always call the credit card company if they give you any hassle about getting your deposit back which they shouldn't. Toyota/Scion is very serious about "repairing" the negative image we Toyota dealers have with the buying public. Some Scion dealers in California have been "punished" if you will, for not following the Scion covenant which is a set of rules every Scion dealer has to follow or they get their franchise pulled (worst case) or inventory is denied them. Good luck!
                        Mackabee
  • tuffyleungtuffyleung Posts: 19
    Will the supply be enough for the possible high demand? How many tc are coming into US as you know? Houw do you expect about the tc on sale and its value? The price of the tc is non-negotiable , firm?
  • hal9000hal9000 Posts: 7
    Just wanted to see if anybody out there is as disappointed as me that there is no bright red being offered on the tC. Seems sad they would offer such a great red like Absolutely Red on the Camry Solara and not offer something similar on a car they're referring to as a sports coupe. Won't yank my deposit but still unsure about pulling the trigger on another color since all are pretty yawn inducing.
    Yes, the colors are pretty boring on all Scions.
    You can get better hues on a Dodge minivan than on any Scion model.
  • andys120andys120 Loudon NHPosts: 16,379
    cars like the Scions that are aimed at younger buyers ought to be available in vibrant colors (like bright red) but instead they have a palette of muted metallic hues. Weird!

They did introduce a limited edition of the xB in an orange metallic that's closer to copper than a real orange.