Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scion tC

Comments

• I would say the speedometer will be in the normal position since the other cars the tC is based upon have it in that location.
  • alpha01alpha01 Posts: 4,747
    I hope so. Keep your fingers crossed!!

~alpha
  • I suspect the tC will be much like the Toyota Allion.

http://www.toyota.co.jp/Showroom/All_toyota_lineup/Allion/index.h- tml

The two back ends are very similar.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Kinda dull looking from the front. :-(

-juice
  • pzevpzev Posts: 807
    Could we have the tC added to the "browse by vehicle" list on the side of the page? This topic might pick up some more traffic that way.
  • pzevpzev Posts: 807
    Has Toyota confirmed yet if this car is going to be a traditional coupe or is it going to be some sort of 3-door hatchback type vehicle?

I think it would be odd to add yet another hatchback to the lineup when the xA is already there. Young people like traditional coupes as well, so why not have a coupe in the lineup instead of some funky looking hatchback with a glass roof? You also have the Celica and Matrix as well. How many more of these cars do you need?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,823
    I will make the suggestion. Unfortunately, I can't add that menu item myself.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• The 2005 Scion tC will make it world dubut at January 2004 NAIAS.You can look for more infomation at January 2004.I Like the 2005 Scion tC it has 2.4L engine from the camry the scion tC sunroof is great it could open up and could be a convertible like a Cadillac SRX Ultra View Sunroof.I hope it could face Acura RSX and Scion tC who win Scion tC 2.4L.Did you know Toyota Celica will get a full redesign in 2005 model year.Did you know 2005 Scion tC will face Civic Coupe I hope the Scion win.I will buy a 2005 Scion tC and hope to get more cusdom on my cars like the 20 inch rims in my cars
  • Did you know Scion tC 17 inch wheel,sunroof,2.4L Camry engine,new tail light,new xenon headlight,also 2 door coupe like hatchback and I hope the inside on th Scion tc will be different than the xA and xB.I hope it have sporttronic like the 2004 camry solara coupe.The Scion tC will go on sale in april-June 2004.
  • Full details on ther Tc are available at scion.com I can't wait for June.
  • rctennis3811rctennis3811 Posts: 1,031
    Looks good! Engine and specs remind me of the Japanese Corolla Levin/Sprinter Trueno twins. With all the TRD mods, this could be one hot seller!! Crisp, sharp lines too!! :)
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    I'll get to see it on the 7th at Detroit. Will report back here.

-juice
  • bamacarbamacar Posts: 749
    Looks plain up front and just like a Celica in back. May be the sportiest Scion, but to me the least appealing. Looks too much like every Celica since the late 80s.
  • gambit293gambit293 Posts: 406
    The bigger engine leaves more potential for aftermarket tinkering.

And the conservative looks also leave a lot of room for aftermarket add-ons.

Who knows... could be a winner.
    Blurb was very favorable. The styling is agreeable to me, and if they can price it well with all those standard features, the punchy (even when normally aspirated) and efficient 2.4L, I'm going to be taking a serious look at it. Love the trick rear seat and hidden hatch functionality.

~alpha
  • fdannafdanna Posts: 263
    I like everything about the car from what I've seen ... except.... I drive 70 miles a day and I value fuel economy more than engine size. 22city /29highway isn't going to cut it for me and gas isn't getting any cheaper.

I know I'm in the minority, but I'd rather have a smaller engine... a 1.7 @ 130hp would be fine for me.
  • gambit293gambit293 Posts: 406
    I wouldn't be surprised to see a hybrid version of the tc out very soon.

Now Honda and Toyota are already talking about hybrids that not only have better fuel mileage, but also have more POWER (hp) than the conventional trim versions. The best of both worlds in one neat package!
  • Toyota isn't just talking about more power, they are going to deliver it. The RX 400H and the Highlander hybrid will have about 40 more HP than their normal counterparts.
    The Scion is rated at 22/29? Where are you getting that info? The 2.4L Camry with auto is rated at 23/32.....with manual, 24/33, Im pretty sure.

~alpha
    I do see where the 22/29 came from... I assume youre looking at the PDF on the scion.com website. I wonder if those figures will change once the vehicle is officially rated by the EPA...I find it hard to believe that Toyota would market a small coupe with marginal numbers, below its mainstream family sedan. However, the tC is weighty... 2925 with a manual? Thats very close to a Solara coupe 2.4L 5M.... I'm wondering how much of this info has been printed properly. For example, if you look, the Passenger Volume is listed at 34.7 cubic feet, which is NOT EVEN POSSIBLE. Also, all accounts I have read, including the press release on toyota.com, put this version of the 2.4L at 160hp and 163 torque. Why is it different in the PDF?

Toyota needs to sweat the details in its promotional literature.

~alpha