Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scion tC

Comments

• WeazellWeazell Posts: 15
    The sub for the tC mounts in the rear quarter panel and takes very little - if anything - out of the the trunk. It sounds like the people in Bend installed the xB Bazooka TUBE rather than the Vehicle Specific tC sub. Do you have a tube in your trunk? If so, you have the wrong equipment and they need to swap it out for you.

-------------------------------------------------

Just to follow up . . .
    I do have the Bazooka sub but it is in the tC enclosure. It's the enclosure that is keeping me from being able to access the spare tire compartment.
  • stickguystickguy Posts: 13,585
    MPG seems to be going up as the tC gets broken in (I'm up to about 1,500 miles now. Last 2 tanks were about 24 with very local driving (doubt I ever got more than 10 miles from my house). And just took a quick trip, and got 31.4 in a mix of highway (65-75 MPH), stopped on the highway (love that NJ Turnpike), back highways with lights (trying to avoid the NJT), and about 50 miles of local driving.

Someday I may even find out what a real highway trip will produce, but not on Sunday night in August on the NJT and GSP.

I have a 5 speed. No issues with the clutch in a traffic jam, nice and light.

2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (when daughter lets me see it), 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again), and new Jetta SE (son's first new car on his own dime!)

• charchar Posts: 18
    I bought my tC 8/4 in FW, TX. No such fees. Only cost was T/T/L, inspection, and doc fee.

What is the "Value Package"?
  • carguy79carguy79 Posts: 23
    I work for the SOutheast Toyota affiliate and we were told that all Scions were going to be produced in far less numbers than their Toyota counterparts. They did not tell exactly how many. However, with the apparent success of the tC, I expect them to raise their number for 2006. Also we were told that Scion will not do many redesigns of current models, they will make all new vehicles.
  • katandokatando Posts: 4
    anyone have any idea about the availability of the tC now, as opposed to when they first arrived? after some long waiting, i've finally got the cash to go buy one, but i'm a little dismayed that i'll have to wait another 4-6 weeks.
  • geneegenee Posts: 170
    I just talked to someone at Scion and (their claim) it was the first he had heard about the lid on the radio seeming to have a mind of its own. So, if we want some of these pesky little problems addressed, we ALL need to start folders at Scion. (They seemed to think that the high brake light should ALL light but I was the first to question it.)
  • phxladyphxlady Posts: 3
    I'm one of those strange women who likes to drive a car with a manual transmission. Today I went into a Toyota dealer in Phoenix, AZ for a test drive. They only had 4 tc's on the lot; none of them were 5-speeds.

I did not drive any of the cars, but looked them over. They look great except for the black interior. If you live in Phoenix, you realize that a light colored upholstery is more important than the exterior color. Other than that, I really liked what I saw. Does anyone have any suggestions about seat covers or cushions that will lighten the inside. This is a huge concern for me. It was north of 110 degrees today, and I can't imagine driving a car with a black interior.

I may go back to looking at the Mazda3.

Also, has anyone purchased a Scion tc in Phoenix? What were your experiences with the dealerships? What did you pay?
  • mackabeemackabee Posts: 4,709
    Projected build first year is 60,000 units which is about the same as the Toyota Solara. If enough customers take their tC's in to get the faults corrected at the dealership level,,..i.e.. stereo cover, then it will be documented and probably a new and improved cover will be used on the 2006 model. The third brake light was designed to work as it is working now with only the center leds lighting up. If you notice the design of the license plate area and where the light ends on either side, there is a design line that goes down from the end of the third light to the license plate area and the bumper. These cars are selling as soon as they hit the dealerships. Most are pre-sold especially the 5spds. The ones that aren't pre-sold are moving in 5 days or less.
                           : )
                         Mackabee
  • mackabeemackabee Posts: 4,709
    End of the month closeout. Still at work.
                     : )
                     Mackabee
    Does anyone have any suggestions about seat covers or cushions that will lighten the inside.

Go to Classic Soft Trim on line and find a dealer in your area. I had them install leather (very light grey - opal to them). They did the seats, console, side panels for $995. In Phoenix I would go for perforated leather in the centers for an extra $50.
    I took my tC in today to voice concern about the sloppy lid to the radio. It was fun to see the service manager think he had found a solution only to have his "cure" fail. A new piece for the dash was ordered. We shall see ...
  • Greetings, I'm currently a college student in Minneapolis. I'll be graduating in December (if all goes well) and will likely be purchasing a car shortly there after if I have a full time job. I've narrowed it down to the tC and the Civic. Both are from very reputable companies and more importantly I like the designs of both. I still haven't decided on one although I'm leaning toward the tC at this point. I'm just waiting to actually get to drive one, every time I go by the dealer they either don't have any on the lot or the ones they do are already sold. I'll be getting the manual tC or the manual EX Civic.

My questions are more for any of the dealers that frequent these forums. Being a college student that has never had a credit card (just use my debit/check card as a credit card) I have no credit. Only form of "credit" I have is from paying my rent for the last year and a half. I know Toyota has what was referred to me as "automatic qualification for tier one financing" for students graduating in 4 months or that have graduated in the past 2 years. My first question is what APR is tier one, currently? I'm trying to plan ahead with what I should expect. I'm probably going to be going with a 60 month loan but I'm going to try and pay it off in 2 years. Only reason I'm going for 60 months is in-case-[non-permissible content removed]-happens since I'll be fresh out of college and will be just starting work full time. My second question: In my case what can I expect on a down payment for the tC? Up to this point I've been planning on around 10% down, but since I have no credit will I have to put 20% down? My final question has to do with the $400 cash rebate for recent graduates. Is this factored in before or after the cost of the vehicle, ie before or after financing is calculated?

It's hard for me to follow this list right now (work and school makes jack a busy boy) so if you can shoot me an email with any replies if it's not a bother, ryans#gamersimpact.com (replace # with @).

Thanks.
  • Sounds like you should be shopping for a kit-car or Testorosa. If you want a one-of-a-kind vehicle, Toyota, GM, Ford, etc. is not the place to shop. The tC is a $17k compact car, (a great one at that!) not an LS 430, Vette, or custom- made nitch vehicle (Prowler). I seem to be seeing expectations that do not befit this vehicle. Look at it for what it is, a well equipped, well engineered, well built compact car that offers a lot for the price. While it can rightfully be compared with some vehicles costing much more, the expectations in that regard should be kept at a realistic level.

After a lot of comparison shopping (Mazda3 included) I ordered my tC a few days ago. Can't wait to join what seems to be a strong contingent of happy owners.
  • Hi leadzero,

First of all, we are a message board and don't encourage off-line e-mails. We want people to talk within the forums.

Second of all, you are probably on the wrong board with this question.

Use our "search" feature to the left and type in keywords related to financing or credit.

thanks

Host
  • Deputy fee, $12
    Document fee - $50
    Safety Inspection - $40

No trade in as I sold my car outright.

Other than that, it was tax and title/registration and list price.

I'm waiting on a flint mica also. When did you order yours? I ordered mine Aug. 13. Three weeks tomorrow and no flint mica in Texas yet per the dealer a few minutes ago. He lept hinting around about a different color. No way... FM rules
  • What is the radio lid problem? I have had my tC (5spd WHite) for a month and have not noticed a problem with it. The only thing I have had is the popping sunroof, which appears to be a common problem
  • I have some information since I am and F&I manager and I am expecting my TC to arrive in 2 weeks. In order to qualify for the Toyota college graduate program. You have the time frame right and you may also need a letter from you employer if you have not started work after graduation. The key is not how much credit you have, that you have no late payments or charge offs on the credit that you do have. If have any derogatory credit you will not qualify.
      10% down is fine as long as you qualify for the program. The APR will change a few times by the time your ready to buy in DEC.
    Some of us have a radio lid that fails to open as much as it DOES open when "poked." It might work every time for ten times and then take ten to get it to open the next try. Nothing critical ... just terribly agrivating.
  • I keep seeing tons of people looking for FMs. Does that mean indigo is a less popular color? That would be nice since it's the color I want. :)
  • How can you tell if you have any derogatory credit?

I can't imagine why I would. I've never had a credit card. I got a credit report from freecreditreport.com and it showed nothing but a bunch of zeros. It only showed one of the 3 credit reporting companys' reports but doubt they'd be any different.

If I don't start work after I graduate I won't be getting a car, so that's an easy one.

I just wasn't sure if Toyota Financing would want more of a down payment or what, never bought a car before.