Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Stalling Matrix

rsimpson62rsimpson62 Member Posts: 1
edited July 2015 in Toyota
Looking to see if anyone has experienced the same issue we are having with our 2013 Matrix.
When driving in hot weather (35 - 40 degrees C) the vehicle will suddenly stall. On all occasions this has occurred while driving on the highway, at highway speeds. The engine will suddenly shut down, forcing the driver to quickly guide the vehicle to the side of the road. When this first occurred last summer, the dealer we were finally able to make our way to, suggested we had water in our gas tank. To clarify, it happened on approximately 6 occasions on the same 3 day drive. After stalling, we would be able to restart the vehicle after anywhere from 1 to 10 minutes. It would then run fine again for a time period of 10 minutes to 3 hours, only to then stall again. This same scenario occurred approximately two months later, and it has now occurred again this past weekend. This time it happened 5 times, and then 6 more times on the return trip. It is now at another Toyota dealership, who say they can not find any indication of the problem. They are keeping the vehicle in an attempt to "replicate the problem".
If anyone else has experienced the same situation, I would love to hear about. This is potentially a very dangerous problem, and I am now uncomfortable with either myself or my wife taking the vehicle on any extended drives.