Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2006 Saturn L Series replacement

libertycatlibertycat Posts: 593
edited March 2014 in Saturn
I hope this new L Series (hmmm, probably to be named a three letter word). Let me guess:

OK, OK, I GIVE UP. I hope it has a nice luxurious interior with lots of wood trim and a more qualitific (i love that faux word (word not wood)) shifter as the current one is pretty ugly. Hopefully still a wagon version available, maybe this time with a third row seat.

• libertycatlibertycat Posts: 593
    so I assume it will probably be delayed until a 2006 model.
  • jchan2jchan2 Posts: 4,956
    I hope they keep the wagon model. (make it better than the Taurus, then the buyers will come)
    I hope they keep the L-Series name too. It just sticks out and makes people remember the name of the car, since we already have ION and VUE.
    what we really need is something unique. Something that can't be bought at the Chevy dealer down the road for less.
  • The 2006 "Epsilon" Saturn can't get here fast enough!! I think it is supposed to get a real name. For 2000, 'LS' was the worst name! Was too close to 'SL'. People think it as just "a Saturn car" or a pricier S.

I am betting the plant will stop building the L(ame) sooner than 2005, with them piling up and no buyers.
  • theo2709theo2709 Posts: 476
    I'm not too wild about a Saturn Maxx.
    I want something unique that won't be mixed up with the ION, VUE, Malibu, 9-3, Grand Am, and all those other GM midsize sedans out there. If Saturn does that and makes a wagon version of it, then I'll seriously look at it. Oh yeah- price it competitively with the Accord and Camry.
  • yes, if they just put a Satunr badge on the Maibu Maxx, then forget it. No more cars like the Cimarron or Parisienne, with only a grille to distinguish them.
    WILL NOT WORK FOR ME. I WANT THE REAL THING. SATURN ENGINEERED AND DESIGNED. (I think the last car that had this was the original Saturn- everything after that were Opels or other GMs or will be other GMs)

FYI, Saturn is NOT a separate car company, never was, never will be. The S series was a Saturn only car, but was it all that great??

Sure, some like to think that they are separate, just to please the anti GM/Big Business/ old school in them, but face reality. Saturn is and always was a division of GM. They can't possibly design, and make thier own cars and make $$$$.
  • regfootballregfootball Posts: 2,166
    How about an Opel Signum or Opel Vectra wagon with a Saturn badge?
    I can live with that. As long as I can not get the same car down the road at the Chevy dealer for less $$$$$. Pretty nice car, too, I've heard.
    They actually tried to bring the Vectra over as the Saturn V (five), but too many modifications are needed to meet U.S. regulations.
    I didn't see any concepts.
    It was way too early in development to have a concept model.
    the NHTSA killed it that early in development?
    The next L-series will be called the "SIGNAL". Saturn's lineup will be completely changed over to Opels by MY 2008. By then, Opel's lineup will have redesigned cars, which Saturn will recieve. To avoid union issues, the cars will be designed and engineered by Opel but built here.

More info from BusinessWeek (a surprise source).
    did they chose the name SIGNAL?
    That's the name... for now. They could change it in the three years they have until production.
  • logic1logic1 Posts: 2,433
    To Union, I would also add euro dollar exchange and cost of labor in Belgium issues as well.
    do they have any suggestions? Any spy pics out there?
    are they staying or going?
  • according to what my father read due to cost and the fact that they can get tighter tolerances with steel. I'm not sure, but I think the article said this decision was only for the L-series replacement and not other Saturn models.
    Does anybody know what the name will be for the replacement for the L300?
    post 17
  • odmanodman Posts: 309
    Think of it, soon you will be able to go to your Saturn retailer and ask for a SIGNAL RELAY !!!
    is the name certain, or just an internal name used by Saturn? How does Saturn SIGNAL sound?
    does anybody have any pictures to post of the new Saturn SIGNAL?
  • How about the name Saturn Ring?
  • Like it!
    like it.
This discussion has been closed.
2006 Saturn L Series replacement - Car Forums at