Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2006 Saturn L Series replacement

124»

Comments

• jchan2jchan2 Posts: 4,956
    Saturn needs to do:
    Better Reliability
    Better Quality
    Longer Warranty
    Better Engines
    Keep the No Haggle Retailers
    Improve on the ION, L-Series and VUE constantly
    Redesign the cars after five or six years on the market
    A price advantage at first (until Saturn can get a good reputation)

The Next Gen L-Series:
    3.6L V6 Engine on the top of the line model
    2.8L V6 Engine on other V6 models
    2.2 Ecotec 4 Cylinder tuned for more horsepower on the base model.
    Needs an impeccable interior
    Good road dynamics
    Options people want (such as leather interiors, side curtain airbags, Navigation Systems, etc)
    Keep the wagon version
    Improve the styling
    more comfortable seats, maybe heated and cooled.
    Backed by a warranty that's impressive. (4 years 50K miles bumper to bumper or 5 year 60K miles bumper to bumper)

I'm sure there's more I'd like to add, but I can't think of that right now.
    The pricing has to be competitive. I'm thinking $15,000 for a well equipped base model, $17,500 for a well equipped V6 model, and $22,500 for the loaded "sport" model with the high line V6 engine.
  • Not that anyone will ever even see this - I just got on the board. This car is an Opel Vectra body, of the kind which was discontinued two years ago in Europe. I don't know where they are getting the parts for the few they assemble in Baltimore. The Vectra was on the bottom of the stack in customer satisfaction in Europe. Yes, there are bits inside which are different, but essentially the same, somewhat unreliable unit was foisted on us. The new Vectra is the platform the new Malibu and the Saab are built on.
    they use the same Epsilon (sp?) platform for the next L-Series?
  • theo2709theo2709 Posts: 476
    New L-series is on Epsilon, ION is on Delta, VUE on Theta, Sky on Kappa, and big SUV on Lambda.
  • knutt38knutt38 Posts: 1
    I was looking at used cars and ran up on this Saturn dealer here offering this NEW 2005 L300 with about everything on it, $22K Dollars MSRP, for less than $19K, really $18,770 out the door. BUT I read about this is end of the L series and would like some input on owners of this 4 door sedan.
  • alpha01alpha01 Posts: 4,747
    And I'll bet you can get it for less than the $18,770 you quote for out the door. It shouldnt go for more than $18 grand, IMO, even including taxes and such.

~alpha
    Aren't Saturn dealers supposed to be No-Haggle?
  • if they had dropped the price. I know I would have bought one if they priced it around $15k. They look nice enough, and my SL2 was very reliable, and cheap to fix once it hit that 8-year old, "I need repairs" mark. I don't think there would have been a need to discontinue the car, if it was priced less.
124»
This discussion has been closed.