Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2008 Toyota Highlander

Comments

• Sorry, I am aware of the AUX plug, but would like to view ipod songs etc....on my NAV screen. less distracting while driving.
  • What you want is the PIE TOY03/s Adapter.
  • I bought my Highlander ltd C/W Capet/ Cargo mats. They are really nice But in rainy days they get really dirty. These mats also do not cover all of original carpet underneath. Can any body out there suggest what kind of Floor mats or liner is best for 2008 Highlander ltd models?
  • does anyone know how to change the mileage display so it shows Kms instead of Miles?
  • The on board info system on the dash can be changed from Miles to Km
    But I don't think the ODD can be changed as this is part of the security system
    However the dealer should be able to help
    If that fails Miles / .6 Have a good trip
  • Thanks denverbrian, that's exactly what I want. How easy is it to take apart dash and install this PIE3 adapter?
  • Is this what I want with Navigation?

2003-2007 TOYOTA TO AUXILIARY AUDIO INPUT
    Product Code: TOY03-AUX/S

http://www.pie.net/pie_store/shopexd.asp?id=646&bc=no

Also, is it easy to install?
  • monte8monte8 Posts: 75
    The "All Weather" floor mats. They are rubber/plastic with raised ribs. They do a good job of trapping water and snow. They came on my 2008 HH. You can see pictures of them on the Toyota website.
  • jaberjaber Posts: 10
    I got the www.vaistech.com one on ebay and it works great. love it.
  • Thanks Jaber. Is there a certain model number?? Also, what is involved in installing?? (how do you take out nav unit?
    Thanks.
    I think it was the SL2i. I did not do it, but a car stereo store did it in about an hour. Works great.
    How do I ensure that the Music Screen stays on when playing music, as it keeps switching to the Map screen after about a minute? Any help?
  • No, that is just an auxiliary input. This is what you want and the best price around:

http://www.ancoauto.com/oscommerce/product_info.php?products_id=159

Don't forget you need the harness also, also for sale on the same page.

The toughest part of installation was removing the panels to get to the radio, but it is doable, just be careful.
  • The January 2008 edition of Consumer Reports rates the 2008 Highlander as the top SUV with 3 row seating. They tested 14 vehicles and the Highlander narrowly rated higher than the Honda Pilot and Acura MDX. It also beat out the Hyundai Vera Cruz and Buick Enclave and GMC Acadia. However, Consumer Reports withheld a recommended rating for the Highlander due to the recent reliability issues Toyota has had with the 2007 Camry and Tundra. They would not give an automatic high reliability rating for the Highlander or Vera Cruz stating no reliability data is yet available. Possibly the new "Customer First" initiative of Toyota, of which the 2008 Highlander is the first result will address the recent "slippage in Toyota quality.

ET
  • Jaber,
    You have to press the info button on the lower right side, Select Screen Settings on the touch screen and then change the setting of Transition to NAV screen from Music.etc. Setting.

Hope this helps. :)
  • I have an 07 Highlander, The alarm is so sensitive that when parked on a magor st. whenever a bus passes the alarm goes off..(very annoying to me & neighbors) dealer said the only way to correct this is to disconnectthe alarm... Is it possible to correct this problem without disconnecting the system...
  • I would try to pull (or cut) the shock sensor wire located by right knee on lower dash. (maybe 1/2" x 1/2" square with slots)
  • roho1roho1 Posts: 317
    what's a magor st? A street with overhead electric trollies?
  • wwestwwest Posts: 10,706
    You just quite perfectly described the location of the CAT, Cabin Air Temperature, sensor.....

I wouldn't suggest cutting those wires.
  • nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    Actually the wood in my '92 LS400 is so highly polished and finished it can easily be mistaken for a really good grade of plastic finish.

ROFLMAO!!! :cry:
  • I mispelled the word magor should have read "Major Roadway" now you see my spelling relates to my mechanical expertise. Thanks to all who responded
    that worked. thanks,
  • I want to install the ipod adapter mentioned above. ( If I read things correctly here the PIE model toyo3 pod/s is the one I want to interface with the nav radio.) I need the additional harness too. Could someone elaborate on where the harness plugs into the head unit? On the installation is there room under the nav and does the pie unit need to be ties down in any way? To run the cable to the center console do I need to remove the complete cup holder assembly and shift lever assembly and if so how difficult is it? Thanks ..I have a blue limited awd and so far I love it. This tweak would make the vehicle perfect for me!
  • It impressed me today.. twice. My driveway is covered with 3" of packed snow and ice ... all 260 feet of it. The HL went up and down flawlessly - couldn't hardly detect wheel spin - even with the 4-7% grade (5% overall). Just thought I'd pass this tidbit along for those interested.
  • ronedroned Posts: 9
    How exactly do you change the information screen (no navigation system) from miles to kilometres. I have tried but cannot find the way to do it.
  • It's in the back of the book, although not a popular solution. You need to import the car to Europe and the atomic time senor will make the switch to km.
  • ronedroned Posts: 9
    Thanks for the help. I'll be sure to contact you when I need the clock changed.
  • I just purchased a 2008 Hi Hybrid Ltd. Having trouble finding Side Step Bars to fit. Could you provide the source. Prefer Polished Stainless Steel Full Length. Thanks.
  • I had my polished stainless steel full-length sidebars ordered and installed by my local Toyota dealer where I purchased my 2008 HL Ltd. I am from Canada and noticed they are available on the Toyota Canada website for Exterior HL accessories. I noticed the Toyota USA website only advertises running boards which pale in comparison to the side step bars. My HL Ltd is black and the side step bars really enhance the look of the vehicle.

Also body side mouldings are not available for the 2008 HL in Canada unlike the United States.
  • Thank you for your reply. I am sure your is Black is sharp. Dealers here do not have the step bars yet. Nor do they have the color coded body moulding. Can't even find the color coded mud guards except in black. I found most of the items from other dealer's web sites. Am ordering and installing myself.

I traded in a 2006 Highlander Hybrid Sierra Gold with polished stainless steel step bars and color coded side moulding and mud guards for a Silver 2008 Highlander LTD Hybrid.

Thanks again for your reply.