Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volkswagen Jetta 2006+

1414243444547»

Comments

• So your dealer only charged you for oil and filter change for your 40K service? Sounds like a good deal to me! By the way, what was the charge for oil and filter change at your dealer, and where are you located?
  • rv65rv65 Posts: 1,074
    White gold is replacing Laser Blue. Not too many changes. The new touch screen nav for 09 has dropped in price. However it doesn't include the MDI. The iPod adapter is being discontinued for 09. Instead they will replace it with the MDI w/iPod cable. The MDI with the iPod cable gives you full integration unlike that POS VW iPod adatper that acts like a CD changer. The TDI sedan gets Bluetooth with Voice control. Revised steering wheel. The biggest change is the headunit. VW is replacing the stock Premium VII stereo with the Premium VIII touch screen radio. Has an SD card and but no HDD Navi like the RNS-510. It's a touch screen radio but no Nav.

Jetta S
    Exterior:
    16” alloy wheels - “Sedona” design replaces “Mugello”
    Exterior color - White Gold replaces Laser Blue

Interior:
    Revised instrument cluster, interior trim, seat, steering wheel, wheels
    Interior color - Latte Machiatto (new color) available for cloth

Jetta SE
    Exterior:

Interior:
    Bluetooth Connectivity standard
    Premium VIII (touchscreen) radio replaces Premium VII radio
    MDI w/ iPod cable replaces iPod adapter option at same price
    Interior color – Gray interior no longer available

Options:
    Navigation price reduced with elimination of MDI

Miscellaneous:

Jetta SEL
    Exterior:

Interior:
    Bluetooth Connectivity with Voice Control and MDI - Standard
    Revised instrument cluster, interior trim, seat, steering wheel

Options:

Miscellaneous:

Jetta TDI
    Exterior:

Interior:
    Bluetooth Connectivity with Voice Control - Standard

Options:

Jetta Wolfsburg
    Technical:
    2.0T engine
    Sport suspension

Exterior:
    17” alloy wheels
    Black grille

Interior:

Jetta SportWagen
    Exterior:
    New headlights
    New hood
    New radiator grill/air intake
    VW logo
    New front bumper with side marker
    Front fenders
    New wheel housing
    New rear bumper
    Tail lights darkened
    Deletion of whip antenna, now in window
    16” alloy wheels option

Interior:
    New door panels
    New mirror housing
    New belt buckles
    Combi instrument
    New controls for climate
    New steering Wheel
    New fabrics

Jetta SportWagen S
    Interior:

Options:
    Bluetooth Connectivity

Jetta SportWagen SE
    Interior:
    Bluetooth Connectivity Standard

Options:
    Navigation – price reduced with deletion of MDI

Jetta TDI
    Interior:
    Bluetooth Connectivity standard
    Addition of multifunction steering wheel

Options:
    Navigation – price reduced with deletion of MDI

Exterior Color
    White Gold replaces Laser Blue

Interior Color
    Gray interior no longer available

Here are all the changes. Hope this helps.
  • rv65rv65 Posts: 1,074
    The front end will look like the new MKVI golf. It will get the new climate control and possibly the MKVI steering wheel. It will probably get the new white dot MFD that uses BAP. There are two bluetooth modules. 9W2 and 9W3. 9W2 is a basic bluetooth kit that will be used in lower trim levels. It has no display and it mounts on the overhead console. The other kit is 9W3. 9W3 is the high end multi purpous bluetooth kit that does everything you would expect a bluetooth kit to do. It can integrate with the RCD/RNS-510 and the MFD. If you have the MFSW then it can do voice dialing.
  • jodar96jodar96 Posts: 396
    I just bought a used 2008 Jetta S auto with 28K for my niece and drove it 1800 miles to Washington state and dropped it off.

The car drove very nicely, handled the curves, and incline driving really well. The transmission shifted down several times and pulled strong at 75-80 mph. In North Dakota and Montana, drove at 90mph. The cabin is quiet, Both road and wind noise were low.

The mileage was low of 27 and high of 30.5. I found the fit and finish as good as the 2008 Accord that we sold several months ago.

The likes: seat comfort, displays, interior finish, well matched engine/transmission, brakes, handling, ride, low road/wind noise, trunk space.

Dislikes: rough sounding and growling engine at start up and take offs, lack of A and B trip meters, Low mpg, The gas mileage (when driven under 70mph) at 3200 pounds and 2.5L displacement should be in 32-35 range and not 29-30.

If the reliability continues to be decent, I feel Jetta is a better car over Honda Civic and Toyota Corolla. These two do not match Jetta's solid feel and handling, or rich interior finish.

Joe
  • micwebmicweb Posts: 1,617
    "Dislikes: rough sounding and growling engine at start up and take offs, "

I had the same motor experience when I test drove a 2007 Rabbit with the same 5 cylinder engine. But by the time I finally bought - a 2009 Rabbit - the engine was super smooth and quiet, feels more like a 4 cylinder. None of the "attributes" car magazines ascribe to 5 cylinder motors - no "lumpiness", "lope" or growl.
  • homerkchomerkc Posts: 113
    My 2007 Jetta now has 43K miles, and there have been no real problems. I saw excessive brake dust on the back wheels, but the dealer fixed the problem (after two tries and new calipers). Those are the original brakes @ 43K, and they have some miles left in them. Original tires will need to be replaced soon - no other problems. Still comfortable and fun. I get 25 MPG in mixed driving, down from the 26 average when I did a bit more highway driving. On a trip, I got 30-31 MPG with a lot of the miles between 75-80 (and a couple of miles over 100). This has been such a nice car that my wife's next car will be a Sportwagen (though she insists on an automatic.)
  • wmenkingwmenking Posts: 3
    I just leased a 2009 Jetta SE wagon and want to protect the car. I have been looking for a bumper bra...where is the best place (website) to purchase this product and all
    VW parts. I have been on many vw parts websites but they are not great. What do you suggest?
  • steve3275steve3275 Posts: 2
    Kind of a specific inquiry, but wondering if anyone has experienced the same problem...

I have an '06 Jetta Value edition with 66K. (bought it in '05) I live in Florida. In the past two weeks I have noticed that my a/c is intermittently taking longer to blow cool air. It is to be expected that it would take a few minutes, especially after sitting in the Florida heat. However, it might take 10 minutes before it starts to cool down. In addition, I have noticed a slight grinding sound after I turn on the a/c. It sounds like metal on metal.

So, I took my car into the dealership yesterday. They told me that the a/c clutch and compressor were disintegrating and metal shavings were getting into the a/c system. They said it would cost $1785 to replace all the parts and flush the system. On a side note, my rear brakes are squealing again, and that will cost $275 to replace. Of course, I have no warranty left, and no extended warranty.

I bought this car brand new in 2005. I have owned other cars in Florida and have not experienced anything like this. I really love the Jetta, but the costs to repair and maintain it are excessive.

So, before I go out and buy a Civic, I was wondering if anyone was experiencing the same problem.

Thank you.
  • homerkchomerkc Posts: 113
    My experience was with a vastly different car, but A/C compressor design wasn't radically changed for our Jettas. I had a clutch fail a few years back - there was a red/brown dust visable around the compressor - but I didn't have it looked at until it was too late. Earlier, they could have replaced only the clutch and retained the compressor. I waited until the compressor housing was also chewed up, making it impossible to mount a new clutch unit. Still, there were no "metal shavings" in the system. The compressor clutch is external to the air or coolant system. I would think that at worst, you would need a new compressor and clutch. It's belt driven and external. Perhaps someone other than the VW dealer could give you a price. I had my work done at a local repair shop who had the equipment to recharge the A/C after disconnecting the compressor. There was no "flushing" necessary. By the way, everyone else buys compressors from some supplier in Japan, so I can't imagine VW is doing otherwise. Even the cost of a new compressor should be less than $1700.
    I just leased a 2009 Jetta wagon and am looking to purchase a protective
    bumper bra. I have looked on a number of different websites and found nothing.
    What is the best site or store to purchase this and other VW stuff?
  • robr2robr2 BostonPosts: 7,861
    3M makes a film that many installers use and market as a "Clear Bra". Your dealer may even offer something.
  • steve3275steve3275 Posts: 2
    Thanks for the info!

Well, since my earlier post I went to get a second opinion with an a/c mechanic. He said the compressor was going bad. He also said that he has seen this very same problem with many other 2005 Volkswagens. Very strange.
    Thanks for the help...never heard of this product and service.
This discussion has been closed.