Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2004 Toyota Solara

Comments

• jchan2jchan2 Posts: 4,956
    I would at least hope for a darker blue than the ocean. The stratosphere suits me perfectly. Just give me a beige interior and I'm set!
  • alpha01alpha01 Posts: 4,747
    Any invoice/list options/packages pricing available yet? Where, por favor?

~alpha
  • When does the 2004 Solara get it's own section at Toyota.com?

I'm getting tired of the "minisite" thing.
  • scottdudescottdude Posts: 177
    Yes, and when do they show up on the buyatoyota web site? They list "arrival dates" for every other model, but under Solara, nothing is listed!
  • Toyota is so slow in updating the content of it's website.
    I'm getting tired of seeing the now-lame 2003 models (all Toyotas, not just the Solara), I just don't care about them anymore, just the 04s are what I'm interested in.

I'm in 2004 mode, baby!
  • i_luv_toyota-

I know what you mean. I think they leave the old models up as long as possible each year, to encourage people to buy up the remaining stock on the lots rather than get excited about next year's model. Understandable, but I do get impatient with it. By the way, the worst offender is Ford -- each year around November they will update their site with the new models!

-Andrew L
    Toyotas website is one of the worst in the business, and I'm a self proclaimed Toyota fan. In addition to leaving lame models up, they dont update thoroughly (ex- the 03 Camry frontpage talks about new standard features such as power drivers seat on all models, then the 03 Camry "Prices" page talks about a power drivers seat standard on the XLE.), they also don't offer a dealer inventory search (reference GM, Chysler, Ford, Nissan, or Mazda for how it could be done).

Shame!
    I too am tired of the Solara minisite.

~alpha
    it's one of the worst I've seen. It has no dealer inventory search thing like Honda. They didn't update the Sienna page until the day it came out, which is silly because as they know, people were pre-ordering Siennas since january.
  • coolguyky7coolguyky7 Posts: 932
    I think Toyota's site's layout is very logical. It's much easier to access and navigate than Ford's and Chevy's. The build your own feature sucks. Toyota needs to do a better job on it. It seems that Toyota's car pages are updated on Friday afternoons. Check tomorrow.
  • The 2004 Avalon section is up today. Camry is still 2003.

-Andrew L
    The Build your own thing doesn't even have photos or descriptions of the options and accesories for those people who are visual learners. By the way, you need to provide interior color choices with the exterior color choices like Honda so people like me can chose our favorite interior color then check out our exterior options.
  • mackabeemackabee Posts: 4,709
    Obviously you are not going to the right Toyota website. There is only one and it's www.toyota.com and in the build your own section, you input your zip code and model you want and it gives you all the option(s) packages that are available in your area. Sheesh! We've gone over this many of times. It's so easy to use, a 5 year old can build their own and submit a price quote request to the dealer of their choice.
                        ; )
                        Mackabee
    The site sucks and has no capability compared to others. On Toyota's website, you CANNOT search dealer inventory, which is my main complaint. The Build Your own tool is PRIMATIVE and vehicles depicted, such as in the "choose your color" section, do not update with the options you have chosen (for example, if you've opted for alloy wheels on the LE). Additionally, there are times when I've been at a dealership and have seen inventory on the lot and have not been able to duplicate that config. on Toyotas website USING THE ZIP OF THE DEALER.

Also, what gives with the mini-site. JUST FREKIN UPDATE the Solara pages, they are in production now!

Before I go to a dealer, I want to know if they've got what I want. Go to Nissans website, you'll see what I mean.
  • coolguyky7coolguyky7 Posts: 932
    http://www.kbb.com has its pricing up for the new Solara. I don't like having all the Southeast Region options available. Apparently, the moonroof and curtain airbags interfere with each other as KBB wouldn't let me have both on a car. What's with that? I think that is their mistake.
    Toyota.com is the corporate website, they don't list individual dealers inventory. You have to choose a particular dealer and go to that website and look at their inventory IF they list it. As I said before the official launch on the 04 Solara will be later this month so why would they put it up there when there are still 03's on the lot? I've been to Nissan's website and you still have to pick a dealer.
                     : )
                     Mackabee
  • mackabee-

The difference with the web sites is that EVERY Nissan, Mazda, Chrysler, GM, etc. dealer has their inventory listed on a centralized site, whereas the Toyota practice of leaving the inventory up to individual dealers makes things difficult and introduces inconsistencies. By the way, I think the reason for this is that Toyota has the private distributorships that handle regional stuff. For example, I know that Southeast Toyota and Gulf States Toyota both like to put 4-digit ripoff stickers on the cars for things like paint sealant and flimsy Taiwan-made alloy wheels. In order to be accurate, a centralized inventory system would have to take all of this add-on junk into account. That's probably why they don't want to bother with it. If I were in charge of TMSUSA, I would take the other approach: tell those private distributors to shape up or ship out. There's no excuse for loading that overpriced trash onto the cars before they even reach the dealership.

-Andrew L
    I just went to www.nissanusa.com input my zip code to locate a dealer. No inventory online, no new vehicle specials, etc, etc. Very nice.
                           ; )
                           Mackabee
    Why cant you just face the fact that Toyota's site sucks? It is often inconsistent in its presentation of information (I already provided an example of the Camry which on the intro page is stated to have power drivers seat std. on all models, then on the Prices page is said to have power drivers seat std. on XLE), and basically useless in vehicle configuration and searches.

You must be doing something wrong with the Nissan site. Go to the home page, click on any model, then on that model's page, click on any trim level. This will bring you to a screen in which you can A) either configure the vehicle you want, and then search against a dealers inventory or B) choose from local dealers and view all of that dealers inventory for that model. You can sort by trim line, price, or color match.

The fact that I could find a dealer in my area with the Sentra I wanted (Molten Silver, 2.5LE, no major options) made my day and made the deal incredibly easy, and fairly obliterated any chance the Corolla had simply because I didnt know where to go to find one with ABS and side airbags, cause Toyota's website does not have that functionality, nor do local dealers. (Plus the Corollas airbags dont cover chest AND head and the Corolla is a lot less peppy, but thats a different story).

~alpha
    Sounds like sour grapes to me.
                                  ; )
                                   Mackabee
  • I'm so glad I'm not alone on this! Toyota's website developers should be fired, as well as the idiot with the "minisite" idea!
  • And still no 2004 Camry or Solara.

[sarcasm]What a surprise![/sarcasm]
  • Aside from the lack of updates of the site (which I hear will be updated tomorrow afternoon), my only complaint with the toyota website is the fact that all the cars are not available to build. I am planning on buying a solara convertible, but there is nowhere on the website where I can price that car with the options I want. Even edmunds only has select options to price.
    Ok, guys what part of "official launch August 15th" was not understood? And it's been said many times on this thread the convertible will not be available until March 2004 (CY)
                         Mackabee

P.s. both Camry 04 and Solara 04 are at your local dealers right now. Or are you afraid to step into the "lion's den"?
                                  ; )
                               Mackabee
    Both Camry 04 and Solara 04 brochures are at your dealers now! And some already have the 04 Solara on the lot.
                  Mackabee
  • deerlake7deerlake7 Posts: 163
    Our local dealer in St. Paul has six '04 Solaras. 3 SLE's and 3 SL's. No SL sports.
  • maxamillion1maxamillion1 Posts: 1,467
    Boy was I mad when I drove to the local Toyota dealership this afternoon.

Not ONE Camry Solara. Damn South East Region!

Anyway, I am willing to wait, AND bet that all of the Camrys that come to this area will have a whole bunch of useless accesories.

The UGLY alloy wheels they put on the Camry LEs are sooo bad...I hope they don't do this to the Solara.

Heck, even some of the SEV6 Camrys have the accessoires alloys and they have the nerve to charge extra for them.

I still cannot wait to finally see one. I will be in Atlanta tomorrow, but I bet they will not have any.`
  • I strongly recommend against buying a Toyota with the cheap alloys installed by the regional distributors. Toyota actually makes pretty good quality factory alloys -- they are expensive, but in my experience they are stronger than most and the finish doesn't peel off like many others (*cough* Chrysler *cough*) do. As far as I know, the wheels installed by the regionals are largely low-grade Enkei brand wheels, which are famous for constantly throwing center caps and getting bent from potholes.

-Andrew L
  • maxamillion1maxamillion1 Posts: 1,467
    You are 100% correct. The Enkei wheels are constantly used in the South East Region
  • Then how come the 04 Avalon is on there, and the 04 Camry (sedan) is not?

BTW, I only go to the dealer if I'm buying or have a scheduled maintenance done. Since I'm not doing the prior anytime soon, nor the latter (next scheduled maintenance 9K miles away, I change my own oil), I only go to dealer on Sunday when I know that I'll have some privacy (especially now that it's "Toyota Time"). In other words, I only go there when it's absolutely necessary.

Besides, if these vehicles are "supposedly" on the lots now, then shouldn't Toyota have them up on their site, regardless of actual release date? Even Honda had the Pilot and Element up before they went on sale.
  • bartalk2bartalk2 Posts: 326
    Available now from dealers. Picked one up in Chicago yesterday.
This discussion has been closed.