Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2004 Toyota Solara

Comments

• coolguyky7coolguyky7 Posts: 932
    Toyota must have planned to use Phantom Gray at one point because it was sent out in their official TMMNA employee newsmagazine. Edmunds gives a great first drive rating to the 2004 Solara.
  • i_luv_toyotai_luv_toyota Posts: 350
    Do they get Phantom Grey Pearl? Or are the color choices the same between them and us here in the US?

It's too bad no dark greens are going to be offered, it's one of my favorite car colors. Oh well, I guess it's dark blue then! :-)

They could do without the Desert Sand Mica. Beige by any other name is still Beige (or Tan, or Champagne, or...), and still a very boring color.
  • libertycatlibertycat Posts: 593
    Weird, I have heard only good things about the convertible on the board and in magazines, etc. That's why I was recommending it to you.
  • defstitchdefstitch Posts: 4
    This link to a California dealership showing an early '04 solara order form lists the color Phantom Grey Pearl ; http://www.carsontoyota.com/html/2004solara.html
  • mackabeemackabee Posts: 4,709
    are straight from the TVO which tells us which cars and color combinations will be built. Carsontoyota was just guessing at the time they posted their "wish list"
                       : )
                       Mackabee
    If its just their wish list how did they know there was gonna be that new Oceanus blue available and other colors.
    Thou ur probably right, but we'll see when official info comes out.
    Official info IS out. I have it right here on my desk. 2004 Camry Solara July order
    Color availability: 0071= Arctic Frost pearl
                        01C8= Lunar Mist metallic
                        0202= Black
                        03P0= Absolutely red
                        04Q2= Desert sand mica
                        08Q5= Cosmic blue metallic
                        08R9= Oceanus pearl
    Interior colors: 00= Ivory
                     10= Dark Stone
                     11= Dark Charcoal
    I also have model numbers, invoice and MSRP and option prices but don't have the time to list them all.
                        Mackabee
  • Those model numbers, invoice and MSRP and option prices would be great info when you have a chance to get them out to us. Also wondering if you know about any price differences in the convertible models.
  • alman08alman08 Posts: 282
    the new Solara looks like the first version of the Acura CL...
    I haven't noticed that. The new Solara is curvy and the old CL was bland (like the new one).
    Go to the last post on that thread for more info on the 04 Solara.
                         Mackabee
  • i_luv_toyotai_luv_toyota Posts: 350
    was very ugly, and so is the 2nd (current) one. The Solara is infinite times better looking than any CL.
    I just said the SAME thing two posts ago.
  • I would like to know how much the Nav package is going to be and will it be available on the SE Sport model or just the SLE model? Does anyone know?
  • I was also wondering about the stereo systems. I know the SLE has the JBL system. Is it standard/available on the SE sport. How much will it be as an option? Anyone with information?
  • pzevpzev Posts: 807
    If you read through the Edmunds first drive of the Camry Solara it does mention some options available on the cars. It's still hard to determine exactly what will be available but it gives you somewhat of an idea. Here is a paragraph from it.

"Front and rear side curtain airbags and a rear spoiler are optional on all trim levels. SE four-cylinders can be upgraded with a power driver seat and a moonroof while the SE V6 and SE Sport models can be further upgraded with an upgraded JBL sound system. All SLEs can be ordered with a touch-screen DVD navigation system but Toyota's electronic stability and traction control system is only offered on the SLE V6."
  • jchan2jchan2 Posts: 4,956
    I read the Edmunds first drive and I think that it looks OK in the Desert Sand from the photos. (It might be Lunar Mist) I really think that the Solara is going to be a hit, no matter what happens with the economy and the politics going around right now. I still want to see the Oceaneaus Blue (Did I spell that right?) looks like in person.
  • mgarlow1mgarlow1 Posts: 2
    Hey everyone

As good as the Honda Coupe looks good I think I'm going to wait for the Solara and test drive it. Has anyone heard about the pricing up here in canada?

Marvin
This discussion has been closed.