Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2004 Toyota Solara

Comments

• snakerbillsnakerbill Posts: 272
    Does this car still have Mac Struts all around? How can one order a car when the dealers say you cannot order a car but must take what Gulf States Toyota sends. I want a full size spare tire and a power drivers seat but do not want a sunroof. Can this combination be obtained? Please help. Also I do not want anything added to the car at the "port" Can I get a red car with a black interior?
  • howiebxhowiebx Posts: 20
    I'm very interested in this car, it looks great on paper (as they say). I did see it at the NY Auto show too. Has anyone gotten a peek at the model ? What is the price for a loaded V6?
    Any opinions on Solara quality ?
    Thanks
  • mackabeemackabee Posts: 4,709
    Around $29,200.00 with Navigation, Side curtain airbags, rear spoiler, VSC. Leather, moonroof,alloys, power stuff standard.
                        : )
                        Mackabee
  • alpha01alpha01 Posts: 4,747
    The SLE V6 w/o NAV/VSC/Side Curtains/Spoiler will be $26,500- quite reasonable for what you get.

~alpha
    Try finding one without those options though.
    They are all coming in with the side bags, spoiler and vsc, and a few with the nav.
                      : )
                      Mackbee
  • jchan2jchan2 Posts: 4,956
    I hope they don't flood the options list- like they did with the Sienna.
  • ksmanksman Posts: 8
    I was looking at the new photos of the 04 solara on edmunds. What are those two colors other than red? One looks like a greyish color and I can't decide if the other one is the silver, or if it is the new type of blue.
  • kgw707kgw707 Posts: 19
    ksman - I also like that 'slate blue' photo....could that be the 'Oceanus Blue' ????
  • kgw707kgw707 Posts: 19
    I've got the 1st brochure out from my dealer; the 'slate blue' you're refering to is really Cosmic Blue, same as on the '03 Matrix.
    The pics on Edmunds show a Desert Sand. I've seen the Ocean blue and its a cross between the Stratosphere blue and Catalina Blue if you can picture it. Not as dark as the Strat, but darker than the Cat blue. Every dealer in my region should have one on the lot by Friday. Talked to one of the truckers this morning and he told me they are already in the freight yard waiting for the word to load them! I'm excited!
                        : ?,

Mackabee
    I would at least hope for a darker blue than the ocean. The stratosphere suits me perfectly. Just give me a beige interior and I'm set!
    Any invoice/list options/packages pricing available yet? Where, por favor?

~alpha
  • When does the 2004 Solara get it's own section at Toyota.com?

I'm getting tired of the "minisite" thing.
  • scottdudescottdude Posts: 177
    Yes, and when do they show up on the buyatoyota web site? They list "arrival dates" for every other model, but under Solara, nothing is listed!
  • Toyota is so slow in updating the content of it's website.
    I'm getting tired of seeing the now-lame 2003 models (all Toyotas, not just the Solara), I just don't care about them anymore, just the 04s are what I'm interested in.

I'm in 2004 mode, baby!
  • i_luv_toyota-

I know what you mean. I think they leave the old models up as long as possible each year, to encourage people to buy up the remaining stock on the lots rather than get excited about next year's model. Understandable, but I do get impatient with it. By the way, the worst offender is Ford -- each year around November they will update their site with the new models!

-Andrew L
    Toyotas website is one of the worst in the business, and I'm a self proclaimed Toyota fan. In addition to leaving lame models up, they dont update thoroughly (ex- the 03 Camry frontpage talks about new standard features such as power drivers seat on all models, then the 03 Camry "Prices" page talks about a power drivers seat standard on the XLE.), they also don't offer a dealer inventory search (reference GM, Chysler, Ford, Nissan, or Mazda for how it could be done).

Shame!
    I too am tired of the Solara minisite.

~alpha
    it's one of the worst I've seen. It has no dealer inventory search thing like Honda. They didn't update the Sienna page until the day it came out, which is silly because as they know, people were pre-ordering Siennas since january.
  • coolguyky7coolguyky7 Posts: 932
    I think Toyota's site's layout is very logical. It's much easier to access and navigate than Ford's and Chevy's. The build your own feature sucks. Toyota needs to do a better job on it. It seems that Toyota's car pages are updated on Friday afternoons. Check tomorrow.
  • The 2004 Avalon section is up today. Camry is still 2003.

-Andrew L
This discussion has been closed.