Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cadillac Fleetwood

Comments

• norbnancynorbnancy Posts: 118
    The tape [player is not serviceable except by a radio technician. Suggest clean tape pick up inside tape door with tape cleaning kit or use a Q-tip dipped in rubbing alcohol. Thats what the shop manual suggests. I would also keep trying to use the tape and work the tape switches and in particular the switch button.(on-off button on the radio) Do this repeatedly, it won't hurt anything. Also look inside the tape door to see if you see anything foreign like a old piece of tape or dirt or ??? Many time electronics quit working or work erratically due to lack of use. Hold the tape door open with a pencil while using a strong flash lite. If you plan keeping the Fleetwood,I would suggest investing in a Shop Manual. The 93 manuals several hundred pages and is loaded with easy to follow instructions even for the novice. I found on at a antique car swap meet. It was not on display, I had to ask specifically for it. It cost me $50 but I think well worth it. Enjoy the ride.
  • beach15beach15 Posts: 1,305
    I think I'm going to start trying to look inside and try and clean the tape deck. So far I've tried it about 5 or 6 times, but haven't gotten very far. It's starting to bother me though, because school is starting next week, and I'm going to have to drive 20-25 minutes each way and not be able to play any CD's or tapes. Ahh, I only ever listen to the radio anyway!

What's to complain about...getting to take a huge, loaded to the max, gorgeous Cadillac to high school everyday!? My only worry is that I get assigned a parking spot easy to manuever in and out of, and not crowded with everyone else. This is one big Caddy after all!

Oh, and I have been thinking about getting a shop manual, just not sure that I'd ever need it. Sure, it'd be nice to know a few hundred things about the car, but I really don't need any of it. Maybe some day in the future, just not now.
  • Found this site only a short while ago.......'cause just last month, I purchased a 1995 Fleetwood Brougham. It is in pristine shape, undercoated every year, all optioned out, low mileage 63,000....immaculate inside and out, plus michelin tires, 'cause he didn't like the original ones. Think I paid too much $9600.00 US$, but when I am behind the wheel, it seems cheap. Didn't want to pay that muich, but the owner who I knew well, showed me all the maintenance records, original window price sheet, video, Cadillac calculator, Cadillac pen, credit card key, and the two original 24 carat gold plated keys that had never been used, I knew I was hooked. I still wonder whether I paid too much, but after reading how pleased others are with their Caddys I feel better. Question....how badly did I screw myself on the price.
    Hey, nice to see a new person!! Have you seen the pictures of my '93 Fleetwood Brougham and '92 Roadmaster Ltd.? The link should have been up farther in the posts.

$9600 for a '95? That really doesn't sound bad at all, if it's maintained as well as it sounds, and taking into account that it's a pretty much bullet proof car, from a reliability standpoint. I absolutely love our all white beauty with special red leather interior and get looks when I take it out for a drive. I wish it had the LT1 like yours, as well as the bigger mirrors (you can't see anything out of the tiny little ones on both of our cars!). But, as is, the old 350 does quite well and is virtually silent, not to mention always gets around 25MPG.

What colors is it? What options does it have? Do you have any pics? I love these big GM cars (except for the cheap-o Caprice--yuck!), especially the Fleetwood! We saw some very nasty, beat up ones while searching for one, but are still amazed at the condition of the white '93 we found with 88k miles for only $4500! It was a special order car by an older gentlemen near Tampa Florida where it spent half of its life before coming to the man's son in Bethesda, MD. We bought it from him last month.

All in all, you didn't get screwed at all IMO, because a '95 Fleetwood Brougham with 63k and in immaculate condition is well worth $9600. Again, welcome and I can't wait to hear more about your Caddy!
  • lemkolemko Posts: 15,120
    ...a '95 Cadillac Fleetwood in immaculate condition is worth more than ANY new car on the market.
  • sdasda Posts: 308
    I just love them. Had a 70 Deville convertible that I restored when I was in college. That 472V8 powered the car quickly and effortlessly. Question: The 5.7 V8 in the last RWD Fleetwoods, was this the Chevy small block engine, or the modified OLDS 350? I used to know, but can't remember. I always thought the 350 OLDS engine was one of GM's best.
    Concerning the '93 Fleetwood (last to have the "old" 350 before the LT1 in '94, and the one we have), I really don't know. I do know that there's something slightly different between this engine and the 350 in our '92 Roadmaster, with virtually all the same mechanicals. Basically it's just the air cleaner/intake design, but the Caddy also runs a little different. Quite significantly smoother, silkier, and about the same as far as power.

Hmm, I'll have to check on this one!
    ....where is everyone hiding?! I bet you're all just out admiring or cruising in your beautiful, rare Fleetwoods! Our white & red beauty seems to be getting nicer everyday, and I still can't believe the immaculate condition that it's in.

Just the other day someone was talking about the car at school (I drive it there daily) and said it had to have been a '98 or '99! No one believes it's a 1993 model year car! It's just so beautiful and timeless, I want to build it its own room, and preserve it forever (taking it out for cruises on sunny days of course!).
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Reopening by request ... enjoy!
  • sls002sls002 Posts: 2,788
    I will point out that the 94-96 models got the tuned port injection 5.7 engine that was both better for fuel economy and power.
  • paldipaldi Posts: 210
    Still got the Fleetwood? Mine's a 1994. Black on black and still going strong! Have a leak in the rear self level system though. Yanked the fuse to the air pump for now. Running blackwall tires. Looks like a Caddy Impala.
    Just told by the state inspection people that both sides leak and it soaked the brakes. Seems to stop OK. Cylinders were replaced 100k miles ago. Can the brakes be cleaned or must they be replaced too? 1994 Fleetwood. Drums on the back.
  • Howdy all! I'm a new Fleetwood owner ('93) w/149K miles. The car has a clean history and very little work to get it back to pristine condition.

I'd like a few opinions...The vinyl roof is in need of replacement. I'm teetering on the fence whether to replace or peel (& paint if necessary). My past history with these tops (on GM products) say they like to rust from underneath. The trim at the RR pillar is already loose (I suspect rust).

Thanks for the help.
    Repaint will likely be required. Bonsider just removing it and paint roof to match rest or paaint entire car.
  • I have a line on a low mileage (38K) Fleetwood Brogham that I would use as a daily driver for low price. Car was owned by an older lady who kept it in mint condition. What are the common problems, service items. Considering customizing with larger wheels, updated stereo and such, nothing to "pimp" Any thoughts on ownership would be appreciated.
    Be very careful the distributor is subject to failure if it gets wet. Don't spray that area of the engine. If the water pump leaks, replace it right away, don't wait! It leaks into the distributor!

Larger wheels would be good to do and relatively cheap. Mine are black walls, the car looks like a Caddy-Impala.

I was considering painting the lower chromed molding and perhaps the bumpers to match the rest of the car. Mine's black on black.

Keep watch on the hood. The paint on the hood is the first to go. Mine has very fine cracks in the clear coat.
    Seems to be plenty of coolant, but a hose blew last summer. We cut out the plastic fitting and replaced it with a piece of copper pipe. The fitting we removed had a restriction inside it. Now on acceleration I briefly get a low coolant light. More frustrating is the lack of heat until the engine warms up - say after 5 miles. Bad thermostat maybe?
  • Hey guys, my neighbor is selling his 95 fleetwood 190,000km(ALL HIGHWAY)its has all the options that wer avalible in 95, and the body looks great he wants 6500 for it is that good ? and how hard are the fleetwoods to maintain what other questions should I ask him.
    These are great cars and properly cared for will last a long time. Mine has 220,000 miles and has always been garaged and detailed frequently. Engine uses a quart in 4,000 and the tranny shifts like it did when I bought her with 23k miles in 1995. Black on black is a great combination - leather has some creases of course but no cracks, tears or rub marks. Had a heater problem traced to a thermostat and a broken rear window regulater. Also replaced rear wheel bearings, water pump, fuel accumulater, ignition switch, distributer, and spark plugs, brakes tires and routine stuff. Really low maintenance car and not too expensive to repair, like say an old BMW.

After 10 years the cars arn't antiques so the value hasn't started rising. But you couldn't ask for a more comfortable, imposing, reliable car! The driveline is used in police crusers and taxi cabs. Strong! I say go and get it! The price is right! Condition is everything for this puppy!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
    Mine is not for sale - what do you think it is worth?