Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Flat Tow a HR-V 6-Speed behind an RV?

creativepartcreativepart Member Posts: 1
edited July 2015 in Honda
I've been searching the interwebs and not seen any info about flat-towing a manual transmission HR-V behind a motorhome.

I have seen others ask this question, but the only answer is no, you can't tow the automatic transmission model with all four wheels on the ground.

I do see that the HR-V is based on the Honda Fit AND I see that the Honda Fit manual transmission model can be safely flat towed behind an RV.

And since A=B and B=C you'd think that A=C. I can't figure out why no one has any info on this. So, if you have some, info on this, please share it with us.

Comments

• rversonlinerversonline Member Posts: 1
    You've asked an excellent question -- and hope you'll find an answer here. On the surface it appears your A=C is correct. But I can't figure out why we're not seeing any response to this. The options for light tow cars are very limited. Hopefully this will turn up a useful response.
  • towelman1towelman1 Member Posts: 1
    Honda's CVT transmission does not allow it to be towed behind a motor home. The 6 speed manual (in front wheel drive only) can be towed.