Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

It's Part Alfa - 2015 Dodge Viper GT Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited July 2015 in Dodge
imageIt's Part Alfa - 2015 Dodge Viper GT Long-Term Road Test

The 2015 Dodge Viper shares parts with an Italian model, the Alfa Romeo Mito. But's it's not what you think.

Read the full story here

Comments

• kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    Ok. That's interesting, I guess. Doesn't really mean much of anything to anybody, but okay.
  • 7driver7driver Member Posts: 145
    I would have liked it better if it shared the "ripping cloth" exhaust note from some of the classic Alfas. I'll bet the engine bay doesn't look as good as an Alfa V6 either.
  • darexdarex Member Posts: 187
    More interesting would be to know how much F-series MINIs have components in common with F-Series BMWs.
  • rosmossrosmoss Member Posts: 9
    Hmmm, the Viper's looks sort of like a parallelogram versus the Mito's which looks more like a trapezoid.
  • millemanmilleman Member Posts: 19
    rosmoss seems to be correct. And looks like what's on the left side of the Fiat is on the right side of the Viper, but the shapes of each part doesn't match up. Same idea, probably not the same part numbers...
  • csubowtiecsubowtie Member Posts: 143
    Those might be two separate pieces. So you take the reverse light off the Alfa and flip it over to use on the Viper. The reflector you would switch sides. If it wasn't the same part number, this article would be stupid.