Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Question about a 2012 Nissan Sentra SL- Display (navigation window) not working?

rlaharlaha Member Posts: 2
edited July 2015 in Nissan
I have a 2012 Nissan Sentra SL model which I bought 12 days ago. The car runs smoothly and on inspection from the dealer's service department, nothing seemed to be wrong except a misalignment of the tires. I got those fixed last week. Today, when I started the car, the navigation window was working fine with no issues. It has been over 90 Fahrenheit, and I had to turn on the AC. As I turned it on, the navigation window lights went off and the screen became dark. What could be the problem?

Answers

• 93tracker5spd93tracker5spd Member Posts: 194
    Hello! I am not familiar with this problem, but since no one else has posted I thought this might help, Page 2 of your owners manual has specific contact information for Nissan pertaining to the navigation system and offering help. In case you don't have your manual here is the info:

NISSAN NAVIGATION SYSTEM HELP DESK CONTACT INFORMATION
    For assistance or inquiries about the NISSAN Navigation System, or to order updated
    map data, contact the NISSAN NAVIGATION SYSTEM HELPDESK at:

• ADDRESS: P.O. Box 1588, Orem, UT 84059-992

• E-MAIL: Nissan-Navi-Info@navteq.com

• WEB SITE: www.navigation.com or www.nissan.ca

• PHONE: 1-888-661-9995

• HOURS: 6:00 AM to 5:00 PM
    (Pacific Time)
  • rlaharlaha Member Posts: 2
    Hi. Thanks. I went to the service department at the Nissan dealership after it happened 3-4 times. The service person said that it is a common problem for this model. It happens when it is very sunny or hot and humid out. It seems that to keep the wires from frying the computer it automatically shuts off if it is too hot. As it was hot and humid as well as sunny out I am assuming that was the issue. So far it has been working fine though, so if something else happens I will definitely contact the Nissan manufacturer. Thanks!!