Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

What can I do to fix my truck?

duckslayerduckslayer Member Posts: 1
edited July 2015 in Dodge
If have a 1995 dodge Dakota with the 318 just bought it and now after very little driving it will not crank consistently the battery seems to be fine but it just seems to not have enough power somewhere to turn over and sometimes once it does turn over it cuts right back off it idles fine no problems but it has now cut off while driving it with no signs of low rpms or anything when it does this any advice or help.is greatly appreciated

Answers

• Options
    93tracker5spd93tracker5spd Member Posts: 194
    Hello, it is hard to say for sure without having the vehicle to run some tests, but it sounds like an electrical problem, maybe multiple electrical problems. I would start by checking all the main grounds, battery to chassis ground, chassis to frame ground if there is one on this model, amp draw test the starter, and check the ignition switch circuit for shorts. And does it start right back up after stalling out, or do you have to wait a while to start it?