Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Ford Escape Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• rgwrgw Posts: 6
    I ordered my 2009 Mariner Premier V6 FWD last Oct. 7th. As of today, Jan. 9th , the vehicle has not arrived at the dealership nor can they tell me when it will arrive. Needless to say I took back m deposit and am now looking elsewhere for a new vehicle.
    Talk about blowing a sure deal, way to go Ford!
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,830
    does the dealer have carfax to view?
    if not, spend a few bucks to get it.
    it's not 100%, but better than nothing.
    that 'old person owned it' is an old story.
    when i bought my mustang in 1991, 2 different dealers tried to sell me low mileage used that were owned by an old guy that passed away and the widow didn't want to keep it. i started feeling that model was cursed. :P
    ct isn't all that far from nj, so i guess that pitch is going around the bars. ;)
    escape-central.C O M is good additional site to look for info.
  • Same thing happened to us.
    We ordered our 2009 Mariner Premier V6 FWD on Columbus Day weekend and was told at the time that it would hit the dealer showroom around late November.
    Well that time came and went and was told again it was slated to arrive the second week of December. Once again there was a delay until we finally received it on Dec 31st.
    Though there was some frustration from us and the dealer for the long wait the vehicle is absolutely beautiful.
    The only reason that I can think of for the delay is that it's due to the extended plant shutdowns around the holiday's where the Mariner is made.
  • rgwrgw Posts: 6
    Based on the VIN # I was given my vehicle was finally built on Dec. 5th, 2 months after the order was placed. Now 3 months have gone by since I ordered it and no vehicle.
    My trade-in, a 2005 Mariner, is now worth less so the great deal I received in October is gone. Returning my deposit nullified the deal, but it’s Fords’ loss not mine. I’m sure that in this economy I can find a great deal out there somewhere else!
    I wonder what Ford will come up with for incentives after today?
  • Can someone offer me some advice. I am considering buying an 06 escape xlt awd with approx 35,000 miles. I have never owned a ford before... only honda, toyota, and vw. i am looking into this car only because of the price... for an 06 crv or rav4 with similar miles and options i'd have to pay at least 3,000 to 4,000 more. and that's based on list price... i haven't negotiated on the price yet.

my concerns would be the reliability of the car.. i don't want to end up having to take the car in for repairs on a regular basis. generally speaking, how is the reliability? should i shell out the extra 3-4,000 for an import?
  • I just traded in my '06 XLT 4X4 for a new '09. It had almost 35K miles, and other than taking it in for schedules maintenance (oil changes, tires rotation, etc), it never gave me a moment's worth of trouble....a very reliable vehicle! I would make sure that the vehicle has had its' 30,000 mile service, as this is a fairly major one. Pricewise, I noticed the dealer now has my 06 on the lot and are asking $14,995 for it. I got about 11,000 for it on trade-in (lousy resale value), so my guess is that somewhere around 13K would be a fair price range, but I would check the Edmunds TMV price as a guide.
  • Indydan, I'm looking for a good used Escape. What dealership has your old car and can you describe it more so I can look for it online?
    Thanks.
  • Borderdog...

It is at Andy Mohr Ford in Plainfield, Indiana...slightly west of Indianapolis. They do have a website and I am not sure if I can post it here, but you can easily google it. The car is shown online along with several photos. It is a silver XLT Sport 4X4. I was out that way the other day to look at it just to kill some time, and they had it on the lot and did a great job getting it cleaned up. It has several options, including the 6-disk audiophile system, running boards, and the towing package. It ran great and was used mostly for driving back and forth to work on the highway. Not sure where you're at, but it's worth taking a look at. Good luck!
  • I'm interested in the 2009 Tribute/Escape/Mariner but based on the slow activity level here I'm wondering if anyone else has been buying them. I'd love to see a few about deals others have been offered or made. Guess I'll just keep my eyes open.
    we just bought an 09 escape limited today. we have an 04, which being passed onto one of the kids.
    we bought it on x plan.
    request a brochoure from the ford website. you might get a nice coupon.
  • ja812ja812 Posts: 33
    I am in the process right now. I'll let u know what happens.when I'm done.I qualify for X-Plan but I'm trying to get it lower by using the Edmunds site to find dealers and counter w/different prices.
    One dealer found an Escape out of state so I did some research and called the dealer out of state and got a lower price for the same veh that the dealer gave me the price on(they would deliver the veh @ no charge to me). I called another local dealer back and told them I could get this veh @ a lower price and they said they would beat that price.
    So that is where I'm at right now. I'll see what develops this week and let u know if I do anything.
    Good Luck
    Joe
  • We like the hybrid Tribute Grand Touring because it has all the options on it you could want including navigation and roof venting . The Mazda hybrid Tribute is much nicer than the Escape hybrid or the hybrid Mariner in terms of interior appointments. We bought in Feb, 2008 in California when a limited inventory of this new SUV was sold only in California. We put it on a car carrier (DAS auto transport) and had it transported to Florida where we registered and licensed it. I don't know if this car was sold on such a limited inventory in 2009 (350 or fewer in 2006) in CA or other states and would like to hear about this. I can't speak accurately about fuel economy because I never drive it and it is usually in another city where my grand-daughter "owns" it. I paid $29,000 approx without CA tax with 0% interest on a three year Mazda loan. The only thing I don't really like are the small wheels/tires.
    hope you can make a deal. we did x plan and got 3750 in incentives.
    didn't want to spend a lot of time or energy negotiating.
    we spent about a week, although not a lot of time negotiating with another dealer about an Edge.
  • Just bought an 09 Tribute i Touring (30 Apr 09). The "out the door" price was $19,917.40. I have 7% sales tax plus $21 for title and Georgia lemon law which made the before tax and after rebate price $18,398.50

The vechicle MSRP is $22,935 & Invoice $21,473

I feel I got an OK deal however, I sure there were better ones out there. My wifes car was wrecked two weeks prior and it appears we will be dealing with the insurance company ( on-going dissagreement) for sometime so I "pulled the trigger" on the purchase, The good news is we got the color and model we wanted and currently are pleased with the vechicle.
    Sorry about the long delay in responding back but I ended up buying a Dodge Ram 1500.It was too good a deal to turn down. Good luck with your new Escape.

Joe
    actually, it's my wife's escape, but I do need good luck, so it doesn't become my problem!
    enjoy your ram truck. i enjoyed having a pickup many years ago, except for everyone wanting to borrow it. ;)
  • epecepec Posts: 16
    I have A-plan since my brother works for ford. Dealer give me MSRP-Aplan_incentive. I am not sure whether I can ask Invoice-Aplan-incentive , but dealer told me MSRP-Aplan is the price he get the car from ford. Actually MSRP-Aplan is 400 less than invoice, but I do not believe dealer get the car from Ford with 400$ less than invoice. I first 2005 ford escape (bought as new) was purchased with Invoice-500$-Incentive. Can anyone tell me whether the dealer is lying? Thanks
    you should be able to get the price online.
    ford has websites for this.
  • epecepec Posts: 16
    Yes, I went to the web site, it gives me MSRP, A-plan price, incentive and net price, it is the same as dealer's price :-(
    Thanks on the tip of requesting a brochure from the the Ford website. I got a coupon for $750.00 and used it yesterday to buy my wife a new Escape!

Joe
    Just bought my wife a new Escape yesterday. It listed for $30975 and I was out the door for 27000.Now I hope it doesn't become my problem too.

Joe
  • ngzcaz1ngzcaz1 Posts: 1
    When did they come out with the 6 speed auto trans ? I'm thinking of purchasing one and the only thing negative are the seat odor ( from materials ) and firmness of the padding. Mechanically I cant find too many negatives from people that own them in my area.. Maybe yours is not the norm ?
  • jsadka1jsadka1 Posts: 9
    Don't have a clue if I got a good deal. Traded in an 06 Fusion with 36,000 miles on 09 Mariner 4WD with lots of extras. Sticker price 30,885. Traded for 17,500. Mariner has side boards, heated package, moon/tune elite pkg, rear cargo pkg, trailer towing (don't need), dual auto temp, the bluetooth thing, and reverse sensing system. I took the 2500 rebate over the free financing because the interest on the amount I had to borrow will be less than the 2500. I do wish I had kept my fusion just because it was paid for and had an extended warranty. I think I would have been better off in the long run but maybe this year I won't get stuck in the snow!
    if you had an extended warranty, make sure you get reimbursed for the unused miles.
  • Hey guys I just purchased a new Ford Escape XLT I4 2.5. I had a real hard time locating the car I wanted to buy (Black Exterior w/ Black Leather, Sync and Sun Package, I4. 2.5 4WD, cargo pkg) My dealer was able to locate a Black XLT with cloth seats and is installing black leather seats this week.

I was a little hesitant at first, but I think everything is going to work out alright. I think I got a great deal on the car. Total after taxes came to $23500 with the sticker being 27,240.

Thoughts?

I will be picking up the car on Wednesday with the installed leather seats.
  • kyrebakyreba Posts: 7
    I've never ordered a car direct from the factory before. But I'm thinking of ordering one of the new 2010's. A local dealer told me they can start to order in July.

Anyone know how long it takes from when the order is placed until the car comes in?

Also in negoiating price, is an offer of $200 over invoice too little? too much?

I'm hoping there is someone out here with past experiences that can help. Thanks!
  • I was considering ordering a 2010, but they found me the 09 I wanted. They start production of the 2010 on August 2nd and it takes a minimum of 90 days to get your car, so you will be waiting a long time.

If you want your Escape relatively soon try and find an 09 model. Right now the incentives are crazy on this vehicle and they may not be as generous on the new 2010 models. I got $5,500 off the msrp of my vehicle, almost a grand UNDER invoice.

I heard the new xlt I4 2.5 model with leather, sync and sun which is what I wanted, will start around 28,500 for the 2010 model year, a little more expensive than the 09 model year.
  • pondviewpondview Posts: 22
    I've noticed a $500 regional V6 discount on the Escapes which is subtracted from MSRP on the window sticker. Is this also to be subtracted from invoice price here at Edmunds to get the true dealer cost?
    Also, do dealers have advertising costs that they add on to the invoice price?....I'm just trying to find out the real dealer cost on the escape I'm planning on buying.
  • pats1pats1 Posts: 36
    I believe the six-speed is new for '09. We have 10K miles on our V-6 Limited, and the only complaint is an intermittent hesitation when accelerating from a stop. Some forums have mentioned this, but Ford does not have a fix.
  • pats1pats1 Posts: 36
    Somewhat old news because we bought ours in Feb. V-6 limited with every option but Nav. MSRP $30820, out the door for $26215 after rebates and coupons. Times may be tougher now, so they may be giving better deals?