Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Ford Escape Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jfritschjfritsch Posts: 958
    I don't really understand why the Mariner would be that different from the others. Tribute-escape sell for 6-7k off MSRP. Mariner should be similar.

The Chevy Trailblazer sells for 8-10k off MSRP. Only 20mpg though, but much more powerful and more space. Try it out. Only say that because I'm looking at the Tribute and others also.

Happy Hunting
    --jjf
  • twaintwain Posts: 185
    Tribute-escape sell for 6-7k off MSRP.
    ----------------------------------------

I don't know where you got that figure. The Ford dealer I talked to wouldn't go below 0% financing and the $500 rebate.

We bought a Mariner. A 26k Premier model with $2200 off on the D Plan and another $1150 rebate. And O% financing.
    If thats 0% financing for 5 years thats worth about 3000 right there. It appears you got more than 6k off your Mariner. If that $2200 is off invoice and not msrp you got even more.

--jjf

We bought a Mariner. A 26k Premier model with $2200 off on the D Plan and another $1150 rebate. And O% financing.
  • twaintwain Posts: 185
    Yes, 0% for 5 years. The incentive at the time was $3000 rebate OR 0% financing. Thanks to the D Plan and an additonal $1150 rebate that I didn't expect, we got $3350 off list and 0%.

But the Ford dealer I talked to only offered the $3000 rebate or 0% financing with a $500 rebate. He said if Mercury offered an $1150 rebate, take the deal. And I did. :)
  • Hi -
    What was the out the door price (everything including tax, license, etc) for your Mariner? What it the 2008 model? I'm deciding between the 2008 Ford Escape and 2008 Mercury Mariner. Thanks for you help!
  • izaclown1izaclown1 Posts: 116
    My wife test drove an 05 Escape and fell in love with it, but more so with a loaded 05 Mariner Premier. I drove the same Escape, Mariner and also the 04 Tribute. I was less impressed with the ride of the Tribute. I like the Mariner over the Escape and in last place was the Tribute. Just could not come to trade-in and price terms with the price on the Mariner so we walked away. The wife was disappointed, but was not going to concede to the $3k trade in on our 00 Village Estate.
  • bzribeebzribee Posts: 27
    A local (San Diego) dealership is selling 3 base manual models at 13,800 plus taxes, etc. They're breaking this down as 17,200 minus $3500 rebate. There are no extras on the car.

While I know this is a very good price, I haven't finished looking around at the Tribute, Mariner or a few other cars. Still, I do like the Escape. Does anyone have any advice for me? There are a few extras I'd like, but I can get them aftermarket.

Also, I was told that all CD players now come wired (but not hooked up) for the MP3 plug-in, and that it'll just cost me $100 to have someone complete the circuit (my words)? Does anyone know if this is accurate?

Thanks for any help...
  • scatanscatan Posts: 4
    I just purchased a new '07 Escape in Florida for 13,999 after rebates. The stereo plays mp3 cds, if that is what you are asking. So far I have been very pleased with the Escape and the deal. True, unless you need a moonroof, most accessories can be purchased aftermarket.
  • daryll44daryll44 Posts: 306
    We were all excited to potentially lease a 2008 Mariner Premier. Then we drove it! Here are my issues:

1. Went back to DRUM brakes on the rear to save money. Who has drum brakes any more?

2. Noisy as heck.

3. No handles to hold onto while driving or getting in/out.

4. The "carpet" was some cheap composite fiber stuff.

There is no comparision to Honda CRV which did everything better, gets better mpg, and holds it's value MUCH better. I've always been a Ford guy but I can see why Ford is in the trouble that they are in.
    I checked out the 08 escape and if the Mariner is similar, see what you mean. The cheapness of the interior,etc is a step backward from the 07.

If however it sells 6000-7000 off MSRP, (not uncommon for the 07s) it holds its value OK and is competitive with the CRV.

I'm disappointed too.

--jjf

We were all excited to potentially lease a 2008 Mariner Premier. Then we drove it! Here are my issues:

1. Went back to DRUM brakes on the rear to save money. Who has drum brakes any more?

2. Noisy as heck.

3. No handles to hold onto while driving or getting in/out.

4. The "carpet" was some cheap composite fiber stuff.

There is no comparision to Honda CRV which did everything better, gets better mpg, and holds it's value MUCH better. I've always been a Ford guy but I can see why Ford is in the trouble that they are in.
  • sxl88sxl88 Posts: 2
    Hi scatan,

I am in Florida looking for a new '07 Escape, too. Could you pls tell us the information on the dealership? Thanks.
    :) I purchased it at Suncoast Ford in Port Richey. I had to drive over from Orlando to get it. I dealt with Jack Rivers, who is on their internet sales team. This was one of two Escapes that they were advertising, and I expected that when I got there, they would say "oh, that one has been sold", but no games. It was a great buying experience.

2007 Escape XLS 4cyl 5sp man.
  • sxl88sxl88 Posts: 2
    Thanks a lot! I am in Gainesville, will try to see if I can get the deal.
  • ladyblueladyblue Posts: 326
    I just put a deposit on a 2008 XLT. So far, my experience has been the best I've ever had with a dealership. They actually talked me out of buying something I didn't need/want, and came up with ways to save me money. This was at Bell Ford in Colonia, NJ. Delivery is expected in 5-6 weeks, so I'll report back on how that goes.
  • viss1viss1 Posts: 1
    Just curious how the $13,999 price was arrived at. I see a $3500 rebate plus $500 manufacturer to dealer cash. Invoice should be $18,965. So invoice minus all rebates/incentives should be $14,965. Where did the other $1K come from? Thanks.
  • wc1wc1 Posts: 11
    2008 Mariner Hybrid 2WD

Leather package $695
    Moon and Tune $995
    Audiophile stereo system $395

MSRP $28,515
    Edmunds TMV $28,303
    My price $27,800. Includes doc fee. Before $500 rebate. Does not include tax, license, title.

Beaman Lincoln-Mercury, Nashville, TN. Good deal or not?
    This was a loss leader to get people into the showroom. They had two of these at the time. It was just sold at $13,999 plus TTL with dealer retaining all rebates.
  • jlupijlupi Posts: 3
    mariner sticker of 27,600 leased for 354/mo 340dn with NY DMV inc. includes taxes and $330 last payment on jeep lease
  • saabskisaabski Posts: 57
    Hello All,

I have an offer of 2008 Tribute i sport five-speed for $14,999 (plus TT&L) on the table. This is a titanium gray i sport with optional roof rack with $19,820 MSRP. Is this is a good deal?

Also, why did 2008 Tribute/Escape score so poorly on NTHSA?
    If the mechanisms are mostly carryover from 2007, it should do much better than 3 stars for driver on frontal crash test.

Any input would be appreciated.
    Tribute and Ford escape have always sold about 6-7000 off MSRP 4-5 months after the new models are out. In my opinion, the interior of the 08's are a definite step backward in quality from the previous years. I want $6000 off now. Don't know about the testing, but with slow sales of other models it seems Ford screwed the pooch with this one too.

--jjf

Hello All,

I have an offer of 2008 Tribute i sport five-speed for $14,999 (plus TT&L) on the table. This is a titanium gray i sport with optional roof rack with $19,820 MSRP. Is this is a good deal?

Also, why did 2008 Tribute/Escape score so poorly on NTHSA?
    If the mechanisms are mostly carryover from 2007, it should do much better than 3 stars for driver on frontal crash test.

Any input would be appreciated.