Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Ford Escape Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• sam3213sam3213 Posts: 1
    I am looking to buy a 2012 ford escape, either a 4 or 6 cylinder engine. What have others paid for this vehicle? How much below the invoice price can I try to get it for?
  • mrd134mrd134 Posts: 1
    Just bought a 2012 recieved 1500 off the sticker price, 2500 in rebates. Could have gotten another 750 but had no trade in
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,822
    A reporter is looking for prospective 2013 Escape buyers for an interview. If you are planning to purchase a 2013 Escape, and are willing to share your story with a reporter, please send your daytime contact information to pr@edmunds.com no later than Wednesday, June 6, 2012 at 11 a.m. Pacific.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• al63017al63017 Posts: 149
    Just ordered 2013 SEL in St. Louis---McMahon Ford who was so much better on price than 4 other Ford dealers. Beat my best price easily.
  • jdixsonjdixson Posts: 10
    Where was McMahons price relative to MSRP or Invoice?
  • al63017al63017 Posts: 149
    2000 off sticker but gave me 500 more for my trade. I found one Ford dealer Don Vance in Marshfield MO that had bigger discounts but gave me a little less for my trade so McMahon won. If you buy outright no trade--- Vance and McMahon would be good ones to compare. I guess I had 6 Ford dealers after all and 3 of 4 others were not competitive in how they discounted cars and valued my trade.
  • jdixsonjdixson Posts: 10
    Thanks. Sounds like your diligence found its reward.
  • We Purchaed a 2013 Escape Base model SE in Brite Silver, Sand Stone interior. We picked it up 2 weeks ago at Ultimate Ford in Mtn. Home, AR
    After haggleing I paid $22,996 including $1,000 off for a cash deal no trade.
    JJ a salesman at Don Vance called me later that same day and said I'll sell you the same model for $22,496 and deliver it to you 100 miles away. I stuck with the local dealer after giving him a deposit. Just a few miles from home for service. Had to wait 7 weeks from my order date.
    My take on the SUV is after 350 miles of driving, the 1.6 turbo is a perfect combo for us. Getting 30 to 33 mpg on the open road is a big plus.
  • Does this sound like a decent deal?

AWD Titanium with Nav, Sunroof and Parking - $32,632 + tax + doc fee for $34,200 with a 1.79 interest rate.

MSRP on it was $36.300
  • Hi all, I am seeking to purchase a 2013 Ford Escape S model. I got a price from one dealer: $22500 OTD (CA tax) and could not get more cut. It's a white one and with SYNC package. Any comments on this price?

Thanks.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,822
    A reporter is looking for a recent car buyer whose car's sunroof/moonroof feature was a big factor in their purchase decision. Please send your daytime contact info to smar@edmunds.com no later than Monday, November 5, 2012 at 5 p.m. Pacific.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• Howdy,

We are considering a '13 Titanium, but are wondering if this is the best time to buy? Will the incentives be better in January or February? We are fortunate that we do not HAVE to buy right now, so we're trying to time it out for better incentives if they'll be coming along.

I haven't been able to find any info on typical January/February incentives.

Thanks.
  • Being in the car business over 20 years let me give you my 2 cents. If the dealership near you is hurting and needs to make it's 2012 numbers, NOW is the best time. December 31st at noon would be the best time. Its slow, the last day of the year and month. Now FORD doesnt have to do much because it is the new model, etc, but if they advertise 0% interest, or those things, its not going to get better than that. Waiting until Jan/Feb may make it worse, because they dont "have to" do anything really. The next best timeframe in my mind would be June/July when the 2014's are around the corner and they need to dump the 13's.
  • Hi JohnnyVegas. thx for the insight. We are A/Z Plan with Ford, so the purchase price isn't a variable, but the incentives and trade values are.

I appreciate your response and it will help us make a decision.

Thanks again,
    Ian
  • Paid about $12 over invoice and got 2500 in rebates on top of that. Silver exterior with full leather seats navigation and power panoramic roof. Out the door my 2013 Escape Titanium was 13% under msrp... Not sure how good that was.

The sales guy told me he was 2 cars away from hitting his year end bonus so he was very motivated to sell the car. I got lucky there. I bought the car on December 27th so I got all the year end incentives.
  • brave fellow
    So what EXACTLY did you pay for your Escape out the door before tax ???
    Tell us the numbers.
  • MSRP $36,100
    Dealer Sale Price $33,562
    Price I paid, after rebates, before taxes = $31,062.
  • donl1donl1 Posts: 109
    My dealer ordered a Titanium AWD Escape for me on December 5th. As of Jan 25th it hadn't been built yet. I was wondering if anyone else had ordered around that date. What was the time frame between ordering and getting a vin # or confirmation of the vehicle being built?
  • Hard to believe !!
    I have seen them on dealer lots.
  • Ask your dealer. They should have a scheduled build date. (down to the day) and an expected delivery date. They can get the report from their computer system.