Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler Sebring Convertible

1141516171820»

Comments

• We are thinking of buying a used Chrysler Sebring convertible. Just wondering if one year is better than another. We see a lot of them around town. Have been looking at 2004 mainly because they are lower priced. Going to use it as a daily driver. Also wondering what everyone thinks about this car? Would you buy another one? Any issues with the convertible top?
  • I own a 1998 Sebring Convertible, they are notorious for having distributor problems, I have been told and experienced. I leaned not to take to a dealer to get fixed. I have had to put in a new computer (which I do not believe was the problem), then told it was the distributor all along. Also, sometimes in this make there can be problems with the converter. When the car is running right, it is a dream to drive and has a good engine. Just get a mechanic you can trust. Good luck.

Kim
  • I really enjoy my 2002 convertible. I would buy another. The rag top has two problems. The first is the hydraulics, there is a slow leak somewhere so if I leave it down for several days, it gets air in the line and strains to go back up. I replaced the fluid with a compatible fluid that contained a seal conditioner and it is better. It worked after two days being down but I haven't given it a week long test. The other is the rear window defogger, they fixed it and it lasted past warranty. One of the wire connections broke off. Now I carry a squeegee. Also, the rear seal is going out and the fix is over $700. The rear seal and insert bearing are an assembly and require pulling the engine.
  • hi I had the same leak on my 2004 sebring for 6years, simple fix its coming from $16 oil sending unit, bit diffcult to replace and its hidden under a protective cap you can call me at 604 5063301 or email me at pkumar@live.ca i replace my 3 months ago no problem after
  • jpfjpf Posts: 496
    I would stay away from the 2.7 liter v6 engine. Notorious for engine sludge and timing chain issues. Good luck.
  • Hello. Help needed. Recently purchased car with 115,000 miles on odo. Recently replaced transmission. Drove the car for about 200 miles. One day it wouldn't start. Family mechanic determined the crank sensor needed to be replaced. He was correct and the car started right up. However on the way home not two minutes later a new problem occurred. The engine hesitated and misfired. We could barely accelerate. He suggested the car had to learn the new crank sensor and it may take time. It's been 2 weeks and the performance is the same. Car starts fine. Drives great for 3 or 4 minutes then stalling misfires and spastic shifting make me want to punch the dashboard in. Curious as to whati should do. Also, we didn't use an OEM part so we are going to try switching to an OEM crankshaft but the cost are piling and if this doesn't work i don't know what to do. Thanks for any help.
  • wadsiewadsie Posts: 2

@libertycat said: Why is there no discussion about this hot-selling (and looking) convertible? It got on the top 10 list on Edmunds 2004 Buying Guide.

• wadsiewadsie Posts: 2

Changing subject refilling conv. Top oil resevore can be filled with needle & syring without removing motor. Just inject rubber fiil plug with atf u ntil no more goes in. Fill plug will self seal