Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• fchin1fchin1 Member Posts: 4
    Just got through negotiating and I got it down to
    31,750 invoice including $232 markup +$670 des
    +200 for a spoiler
    -2500 dealer incentive
    +499 dealer fee (does anyone know if thats a standard fee? Rick Case in Ft.
    Lauderdale FL says that it is on all cars)
    +1796.94 Tax
    +150 Tag transfer
    +2 lemon law
    =$31,762.94 out the door

Is this a good deal? I thought it was given that the only color was that M. Red and they had 2 -07's in stock all the same color and all with no nav...
  • skinnytonyskinnytony Member Posts: 121
    Not a "bad" deal, but I personally think the $499 dealer fee is a bit excessive, particularly in conjuction with the $232 markup. If they won't budge on the dealer fee at least make them drop the markup. If they don't, walk. I can't imagine them letting you go for $232.

Also, unless you really want your old tags, can you save some money by not transferring them and getting new ones?

One final thought: since there is now a $2,000 incentive on the '08 they need to make it worth your while to get the '07. Is $500 enough? To me it's not, but that's a personal choice.
  • spinecho1spinecho1 Member Posts: 11
    What mark-up? What dealer fee? Lemon law for 2 bucks??? I had a solid quote one week ago on 08 TL base, no navi - 29,500 or there abouts (that's Base price of 30991 + destinationfee - discounts) I am still holding out cause my buddy got TL for $3K below invoice last year... I can see paying $40-50 for their efforts with registration, but $150 - way too much... Other than registration + options + taxes, I would not pay anyting above invoice. Watch out for "advertising" and similar dealer fees - those are DEFINITELY negotiable. On 2007 you should be about 3-4 K below invoice, that's if you can find them. No more left in Cali, unless you don't mind a pink one with small purle dots ;-)
    Here is a link to invoice prices: http://www.autobuyguide.com/2008/12-aut/acura/tl/pricing/index.html
  • setchsetch Member Posts: 6
    u fellow TL'ers out there might know. I'm looking at a high mileage TL to use as a daily driver from work. 05 w/ navi, auto and just under 80K mi. Asking 19500 for car. I'm looking to get it down to around 18K. how's the price sound? what kind of maintenance are you guys seeing on this model at that high of mileage? I'd like to get 20-30k miles before any major maintenance.
  • alphasuxalphasux Member Posts: 2
    Is there a website that displays the dealer incentives?
    Is there a website that displays the dealer incentives?

http://www.edmunds.com/incentives/RebateController?step=1&setzip=19707&tid=edmun- ds.n.incentivesindex.incentives.1.1.*

Note first that you need to change for your zip code, and second that not all incentives appear here. For example, the $2,000 incentive on the '08 TL is not here.
  • nringnring Member Posts: 97
    I finally got to the lowest sale price of a 08 acura Tl with Navi with no accesories. The best sale price i got over the internet and confirmed in writing was $31, 975.00 and the MSRP was $36,940.00 Now when i dropped the bomb i wanted to lease for 12Kmiles per year, 36 months with nothing down except TTL i am getting insane lease payments. I mean i did the math long hand myself and the dealer is much higher. Here is what I am working off. Please let me know if I am missing something or miscalculating. How can a delear increase the monthly with the given non variables:

2008 TL with Navi: sale price 31, 975
    MSRP: 36, 940.00
    MF: .00081 (1.95%)
    Residual: 57%
    $595 bank acquistion fee
    total cap cost: 32,570
    31,975 X .57= residual of 21,055.80
    32,570-21,055.80= 11,514.20 depreciation
    divided by 36= 319.84/mo depreciation monthly
    32,570+21,055.80= 53,625.80 x .00081= 43.44 rent fee
    319.84 + 43.44= 363.28 bottom line montly lease payment
    I live in PA that has a 6% sales tax + a 3% auto lease tax= 9% tax
    363.28 x.09= 32.70/mo tax
    319.84 + 43.44 rent + 32.70 tax= 395.98 total payment including tax

That being said...these dealers are coming back with prices like 440-450/mo+. what am i missing? Please help. what strategy can i user here.

Thanks,

Noah
    AskNoah@icloud.com

• dmbst68dmbst68 Member Posts: 50
    Which Acura dealership offered a TL with NAV for $31,975? Sounds like a great number. Does this include destination? Are there any other fees?
  • mvs1mvs1 Member Posts: 462
    Did the dealer confirm the total cap cost equals your cost above? That $2K incentive may only be on purchases and can not be combined with the lease special. An increase in the selling price of $2K is roughly 50-60 per month.
  • skinsfan1skinsfan1 Member Posts: 8
    Sorry about the slow response, I got stuck in the office.... The salesman did not quote a price or payment.... will ask him tomorrow about the price and payment for 36 months...I have him down to $30200.00 (base TL no nav). I believe that I can get him to $29500....based on his inventory and pressure to sell before 2008.
    I'm ready to close on a '08 TL later this week. I'm going to do the 2.9% for 36 mo. I've never financed a car before so I have a stupid question. What kind of payment arrangements are possible? I'm hoping not to mail a check every month. Can you pay with a credit card or direct deposit?
  • ncldawnncldawn Member Posts: 2
    I am about to buy a 2008 TL base. Got a few quotes today, the lowest being $29,400 including destination fee. Also got confirmation from several dealers that the $2k incentive can be combined with 2.9% financing starting from Dec 15, 2008. Actually two dealers did not know that these two could be combined. I told them, and they came back confirming what I said.

I got interested in the $3-4k below invoice for 2007 thing. I am in NJ, don't know if there is still any here or in PA, NY, CT. The 2007 incentive is $2500. How could I get up to $4k below invoice? Any significant differences between 2007 and 2008 TL?

thanks.
  • 23109vc23109vc Member Posts: 218
    has anyone confirmed or denied the earlire post that alleged that you CAN COMBINE the $2k dealer cash WITH the special LEASE MF of .00081.

i don't see why they wouldn't offer it with financing and NOT with the lease.....
    QUESTION-

if you purchase a TL-S (or lease it) and you want to get the a spec body kit - that is a dealer accessory. so you have to have the dealer buy it and then install it.

i know you could roll that into the cost of the car, but if you negotiated your tail off and got the BODY KIT alone...not the suspension package..... i think it sells through some dealer sof r$700 or $800.... do you think you could get it cheaper..like dealer cost or even get them to install it for free?

anyone? how willing are they to deal on the accessories?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,789
    You can't combine it...

The financing is @ 4.9% APR.. The special lease deal has a money factor that equates to around 1.9% APR..

So, the lease deal already has incentives attached..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• md_outbackmd_outback Member Posts: 185
    Most auto finance companies have an auto-pay program. You send them a voided check and they then debit your account on the due date each month (you may need to mail in the first payment or two until their system is updated with your auto-pay account info). Also, most banks have on-line payment capability, so you can just schedule your monthly Acura payment on-line. I'm pretty sure that they won't accept credit card payments. Enjoy your TL.

MD
  • car_enthucar_enthu Member Posts: 17
    Hello all,

I got a quote for a 08 TL w/o navi for $30,991 (not including destination or any other taxes)...this appears to be the invoice price of the car. Can someone let me know how much I would be able to negotiate with this price as a starting point?

thx!
  • bamfbamf Member Posts: 8
    Here is the quote I got today Columbus OH for the 36 mo lease. Look in line?

2008 TL w/Navigation
    15,000 miles per year
    First & Fees due at signing
    $497 (Including Tax)
    Residual=$20,317
  • bamfbamf Member Posts: 8
    Here is the quote I got today Columbus OH for the 36 mo lease. Look in line?

2008 TL w/Navigation
    15,000 miles per year
    First & Fees due at signing
    $497 (Including Tax)
    Residual=$20,317

Here is #2

36 months
    15,000 miles per year
    $493 per month (including tax)
    $1,223 due at signing
  • breezie1breezie1 Member Posts: 3
    Hi everyone..I have been following this board and some very good information is here, people seem ready to help. This is my first time posting so please forgive if the message is not completely up to form. :) I have received a quote for the 2008 TLw/nav for 32,650+TTL& processing fee. Do you think this is a good deal or can I get it lower and if so, how much? Thanks.

By the way, this is in the VA area.
    turns out the 2000 cant be combined with the MF of .00081...he is back to 33,975 with navi and destination and does not include acquistion...anyone know how low i can get that 08 tl with navi lease cap cost not including acquisition? is 33,975 good?

Thanks,

Noah
    AskNoah@icloud.com

• eclipse2eclipse2 Member Posts: 64
    I'm picking up my new 2008 TL Type S Saturday Black on Black with Silver for $33,803 can't wait. :shades:
  • kaisu04kaisu04 Member Posts: 6
    There is a incentive for TL. You can knock it down 2k and combine with 2.9% for 36mo.
    i assume that does not have the navi?

Thanks,

Noah
    AskNoah@icloud.com

is the to lease or buy? if lease the MF= .00081. if you purchase there is a 2K incesntive.

Thanks,

Noah
    AskNoah@icloud.com

anyone know the bottom line Invoice for the 08 tl with navi not including acquisition fee? is 33,100 reaonable? iwas quoted 33,975. seems hight to me...any one have thoughts suggestions???

Thanks,

Noah
    AskNoah@icloud.com

• chirocatchirocat Member Posts: 73
    33,795 for a TL or a TL-S? I just picked up a TL-S today for about that.
  • ribossi1ribossi1 Member Posts: 8
    Purchased a TL w/Nav a couple months back at invoice. The invoice price is $33,998 on a car that MSRP's for $36,940. Hope this helps, but I'm not sure if there are better deals now. I got my car from going to www.acurasearch.com check it out to see about better pricing.
    It is a TL with Navi

Thanks,

Noah
    AskNoah@icloud.com

• wolveseatsheepwolveseatsheep Member Posts: 41
    Hi all,

I have been following this thread for a month, and licking my chops waiting for next week when I plan on calling my 4 nearby dealers and negotiating a nice deal.

However I ran into some horror story threads (this and other boards) last night about vibration issues in the 3G TL, and Acura's lack of addressing it or being able to fix it. I mean real ugliness - threads about how to document for lemon laws and put together arbitration cases. Am I bogged down in a small detail and happened to find the only 50 people in the country who had the problem? Or is this issue as broad as it looks by a cursory "Acura TL vibration" google search? Smooth ride is of utmost important to me - it's one of very few things I still love about my old 95 4-cyl Accord.

Overly worried - or legit enough concern that I should re-evaluate my decision to go with a TL?
    what is true invoice for a lease on an 08 TL with Navi including destination but not including acquisition fee? thanks.

Thanks,

Noah
    AskNoah@icloud.com

• laurasdadalaurasdada Member Posts: 4,725
    Have you extensively driven the TL? I have no vibration issues with my '05 TL, but I wouldn't call the ride (all the time) "smooth." I think it has a nice balance of ride and handling and I found it to have a smoother/quieter ride than the Infiniti G that was its main competition for me. But I'm sure it's nowhere near as smooth as a Lexus ES... You must extensively drive the TL on different surfaces to help you decide. It is a sport sedan, not a Buick...

Many people did complain of a "harmonic vibration," mostly on '04 TLs. Of the three TL owners I know, no issues... Also, they still sell 6k-7k TLs/month. If the thing really shaked/rattled/rolled that much...?

'21 Dark Blue/Black Audi A7 PHEV (mine); '22 White/Beige BMW X3 (hers); '20 Estoril Blue/Oyster BMW M240xi 'Vert (Ours, read: hers in 'vert weather; mine during Nor'easters...)

i am in PA..i was quoted the following inception fee's for the 08 TL with Navi:

595 acquisition
    189 doc fee
    124.50 for tags and reg
    437.41 first month payment inlcuding tax

total due is 1345.91....sound right?

also got them th throw in splash guards at no cost
    got the car 100 below invoice at 33,900 for the 08 tl navi 36 month lease with 12K miles per year for 437.91/mo inluding pa tax (9%)

picking it up sat!

Thanks,

Noah
    AskNoah@icloud.com

Type s has Nav
    Check out Precision acura on RT1 in NJ I'm picking up my Type S tomorrow for 33,803 it was a smooth and easy deal.. :shades:
    Yes of course I've driven one - and I'm fine with the ride in the one I've test driven - it's a little stronger feeling than my Accord but I like it. I have also driven several Lexus EXs and I find them way too floaty. But there's a big difference between firm ride and harsh vibration coming from the drivetrain or exhaust or whatever. I will just have to assume that the 04-05 issues that I have read about have been worked out by now. Thanks for the thoughts.
    funny..thats where i am going 10am sat...i leased from the same dealer...michael thompson...you are right....he is great...i assume your s type does not have nav?

Thanks,

Noah
    AskNoah@icloud.com

huh, can i call you real quick? what number or email? i am tl with navi at 33, 900...are you buying or leasing? he said 33,999 was invoice for TL with navi. please let me know asap..if i can get S type for that price i will switch him last minute...

Thanks,

Noah
    AskNoah@icloud.com

i looked at the math...the diff is 2K so you musy be financing...if you were leasing your price would be 35803 as you cant combine the 2K witht he .00081 MF...if i financed my tl 08 wth navi would have been 31,900 :)

Thanks,

Noah
    AskNoah@icloud.com

my email is astephenson@bloomberg.net
    Brought home a '08 base TL (no nav) yesterday, silver/ebony, in the mid-atlantic region. Here are my numbers:

$32,056 ($350 over invoice)
    ($2,000) incentive
    ($2,000) trade - 1996 Infiniti G20
    $913 state tax
    $395 dealer admin fee
    $25 title fee
    $200 5 year tags
    $10 lien fee
    $10 temp tag fee
    $29,609 total

Couldn't get them down any more but I did get them to include body side molding, splash guards, all season floor mats, trunk tray, and wheel locks. I also had to work up the trade from an initial offer of $800. I found slightly better deals but this dealer was much closer to home. Overall dealer experience was pleasant. Most importantly, love the car.
  • macgmanmacgman Member Posts: 3
    I am looking at a2008 Type-S with a manual transmission. According to the dealer, it's the only one in Texas. I know that no one wants a manual transmission these days and the dealer probably can't give this one away. As far as I'm concerned, they are lucky I walked in the door. As it stands right now, the dealer is only offering me 2k off the sticker. I am going back on Monday and will probably offer $100 over invoice or I'm walking. I don't know if there is any dealer cash being offered on these; perhaps someone can enlighten me. Am I asking for too much from the dealer? Thanks.
  • setchsetch Member Posts: 6
    Do any of you guys know good pricing on CPO TL's? I have an offer of $21K for a 05 TL navi, black w/ camel, 64K mi. Car appears immaculate and drives great. This is the best offer I've come across yet on CPO's. I found the same car w/ 37K mi...dealer asking $26K and came down to $23K OTD @ $24,900. Some regional or even national pricing comparisons would be much appreciated. I'm in Atlanta. No shortage of TL's here. :confuse:
    if you BUY the car you CAN get it for $2000 UNDER Invoice.

if they say you can't tell them to kiss off and walk .

you are right in that they arel ucky you walked in. the tables are turned..it is a buyers market. the economy sucks and people are not buying luxury cars like they were. the housing market is in the toilet and all the people who were refi'ing their houses and using them like ATMS have been foreclosed on....

TL sales are down big time. i'd offer invoice MINUS the 2k dealer cash and say it's non negotiable. if they say no tell them you'll wait for the 09s which will be better.

dealers are suck frickin liars. i don't care if it's the only one in texas. maybe you're the only guy in texas who wants to buy it. :)
  • chirocatchirocat Member Posts: 73
    What dealer had the only manual in Texas? LOL, they are full of it! I just bought a manual TL-S in DFW area and there are maybe 4 left, 2 silver, 1 white, and a black one (a demo with 5k miles). My first offer from the dealer I worked with was $34199, and I did better by the end of the deal. If you are near the Dallas area I can email you the info on who to talk to. If you seriously want a type S manual, you better move this week, the Acura incentive to the dealer may not be there in January. I'm as happy as a clam with this car, and I love my 6 speed.

;):blush:
  • porchieporchie Member Posts: 50
    I have an 07 TL Type S. I absolutely love this car!

I got in in July, and have about 3500 miles on it. Smooth ride? Nope! But I wouldn't say there is a vibration. Its more of a 'feel of the road' kind of ride. I do have the HP tires, and I think the Type S suspension feels stiffer than the non S Type.

It is not a smooth ride, you feel the road, you feel bumps, but I like it! I dont feel that there is any 'problem' with the car. The seats in the Type S are firm, too, so it they may not absorb as much of the 'ride', either. I say drive the car and see what you think. Our salesman let us drive the car for about a half hour before our purchase. It allowed us plenty of time to really experience it.

Its a great car - no regrets here!
  • macgmanmacgman Member Posts: 3
    Cool. Thanks for the information. If you get a chance, I would appreciate the information on the Dallas dealer. I am in the Houston area but would make the trip up north if it's worth it.
    Dumb question: When it comes to having an issue with the car and I want to take it in for warrantee work (hopefully never, ha), does it make any difference which dealer I bring it into relative to which one I bought the vehicle from? A dealer 100 miles away is offering me a price that would make it well worth the drive there to buy it, but not if it means I have to go back there with issues. If I get it from the 100-mile away dealer, will my 2-mile up the road dealer still work with me on any issues that require repair under warrantee or will they hold a grudge that I didn't buy it from them?
  • bifbif Member Posts: 7
    Go ahead and buy from the far-away dealer. The nearby dealer will be happy to have your business for repairs, under warranty or otherwise.

Sometimes, you can get a slightly better deal from a dealer if you tell them you will be getting the car serviced there. Otherwise, it does not make a difference.

Enjoy your car.
  • admeadadmead Member Posts: 3
    Does anyone have the specifics on the current (Dec. 2007) dealer incentives? I assume the $2,000 incentive I've read aobut (here) is tied to the current 2.9% financing offer running through 1/2/2008. I could be wrong (and hope so).
    Locating my specific model/color combo (TL-S, 6MT, MRP) appears to be problematic for my local dealer so it is unlikely that I'll be able to close the deal in time for the financing deal. It would be nice to learn that the dealer incentive continues for a while. Otherwise, I'll have to hope for something good after the 2009 TL is announced.

ADM