Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• garyodgaryod Posts: 2
    anyone with any experience in 2006 tl with navi pricing. it seems that some buyers in the northeast and lower eastern states are looking at 32,500. with ttl with a few options thrown in..does anyone out there in ct. have this experience. if not, what are you getting for pricing...thank you all
  • Did you get 32,295 out the door....If you did let me know the person that you spoke to so I can buy ASAP. Thanks
  • Anyone know if getting 32ish out the door is possible for a 06 TL Nav.....or is that to much to ask for. I'm in the Baltimore area
  • ggesqggesq Posts: 701
    32ish out the door or 32ish plus TTL? 32ish out the door is wishful thinking in any part of the US for a 06 w/ Navi. ;)
  • Has anyone been lucky to get 33k O.T.D. on a 06 TL NAV. Is that realistic?
  • laurasdadalaurasdada Posts: 2,591
    It's difficult to talk OTD price as each state has different sales tax, local taxes, licensing/registration fees... Not to mention dealer "Doc Fees." But, I'd think anywhere you can get a new '06 Nav OTD for 33k is a good place to live!

'13 Jaguar XF, '11 BMW 535xi, '02 Lexus RX300

• rroyce10rroyce10 Posts: 9,359
    ..... Still waiting for the dealers name and area .. especially at that $29,990 price .....

Name and area please .....!

Terry.
  • I've just been offered 33,400 for a TL Nav out the door. GOOD DEAL?!?! I live in the Baltimore area
  • Scratch that.....The dealer said it was a typo....its 34,400 out the door
  • liferulesliferules Posts: 531
    firemane2t2,

As you can see from reading the forum, a good price for a TL w/nav is anywhere in the $33K range before TT&L. There have been some "fire sales" where people get them in the $32 range, but this is usually in CA or from an end of the month desperate salesman. I don't know what sales tax is in Baltimore, but you can figure it out yourself. If you are absolutely needing to cap the cost at $33, then go for a TL w/o nav and you may be able to scrape by...or try to buy a used TL from '04 up (they are the same body style)...

Good luck!
    ..... I'm holding out for that dealer thats selling em' for $29,900 .....

Name and area please ........!

Terry.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,623
    Okay.. we get it... You don't believe it is a legitimate offer.. I don't either..

But, that doesn't mean the dealer didn't offer it.. It is all talk, until a deal is completed. If I have to count all of the times the price changed on a car deal, before I signed the papers, I'd have to take off my shoes!!

Why spend all this time worrying about it?.. He didn't say he bought it at that price, just that it was offered. The only numbers that matter... Completed deals

Now.. let's move on, until our friend comes back and tells us he bought the car..

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

... **I'd have to take off my shoes!! ....**

Yikes ...! ... whatever you do, don't take off your shoes, your last wife says it's not a pretty sight .... ;)

Terry. :sick:
  • Well, its 5% sales tax so basically add about 1600 on to the price tag....which if he was selling it at invoice it would be 33815 plus destination of 610 which would be 34,425. Dealer was offering 34400 out the door. Not bad I guess.....Though I have heard of a "hold back" of 2-3%. So even if they do sell it at invoice they will still make about $1,000 profit.
    Thanks for the help
  • mageshmagesh Posts: 33
    Ready to pull the trigger on a TL with NAV. Living in Portland, OR, hence no sales tax. Vehicle comes with the "NW" package - safety tire locks, trunk mat + something ...

Is $34,500 + registraion a good price to pay please?

Thanks,
    M
  • proffyproffy Posts: 46
    That price is typical for the PNW, but relative to the deals people are getting elseware it's not great. Import prices in the NW are generally $1,000 > than the rest of the country because there is such a large, young well educated population (think MS, Real, Amazon, Starbucks, etc...) and they all want their Acuras, BMWs, Audis, etc...

Acura of Bellevue's current costco price (aka MS price) is

TSX - ~ $1,800 over invoice
    TL - ~ $1,000 over invoice

You should at least be able to find a little better than this in Portland. I would try and shoot for $33,500 if I were in your shoes.

I will most likely try and buy in southern Cal and drive my acura back up to Seattle to save about $1,000
  • liferulesliferules Posts: 531
    So it sounds like a very good price. Buy it! I haven't heard of any hold backs and I didn't see any on Edmunds or hear anyone on this forum verify one, so if the car is something you want, buy it and enjoy it! Its a very good price regardless...
  • 300mva300mva Posts: 8
    This is the first I've noticed anyone mention Costco pricing. Is it worth going through their program, or would I be better off using typical internet offers? I'm not the world's best negotiator so I want to start with as low an offer as I can. Considering a TL as my next purchase (probably sometime between May - August) in the Northern Virginia area; just today went to Costco and noted the car program. Anyone else with any experience in that? If I wait long enough for the '07 TL to be available (if I hear the upgrades will be worthwhile I may target the 07), will the Costco discount essentially go away if they are selling for close to sticker initially?
  • jrourkejrourke Posts: 72
    I've been wondering if the TL and CostCo buying program was worthwhile myself. I don't belong to CostCo currently but know two people who bought a Toyota and I think a Honda through there and got great deals...some really trivial (< $100) markup over invoice. If it works for the TL, it would be worth the membership fees just to buy the car. I don't know if each dealer sets their own pricing policy or CostCo does.
  • goodegggoodegg Posts: 905
    I will most likely try and buy in southern Cal and drive my acura back up to Seattle to save about $1,000

Wow...really? Is it worth $1000 to do that? Plane tickets, hotel(s), food, gas, tolls, taxis not to mention the time it takes to complete the deal from walking in the dealership to getting the car home in your garage. And then you have all those miles on the car. And the tiredness factor of driving 1000 miles.

I don't know bro.

I'd say spend the money and pump the local economy.