Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Quoted $33076.00 on the base TL. with $1000 cash back.
    Not sure if this will be the best price in the San Antonio/Austin area. I HATE car shopping!! :mad:
  • With the state of the economy, I'm holding out to pay no more than invoice price minus the $2000 rebate (front-wheel drive or SH-AWD TECH) and including the destination charge and the 3.9% financing for 5 years.
    To me, there's no reason to pay a penny more than that since I have the ability to wait a few months, if needed.

Example 1:
    NEW 2009 Acura TL w/TECH (Front-Wheel Drive)
    Sticker $39,445
    Invoice including $760 destination = $36,316
    Minus $2000 rebate =
    $34,316 plus tax, title, license and document fee.
    Also eligible for 3.9% for 5 years.

Example 2:
    NEW 2009 Acura TL SH-AWD w/TECH (All-Wheel Drive)
    Sticker $42,995 (including $760 destination)
    Invoice including destination = $39,572
    Minus $2000 rebate =
    $37,572 plus tax, title, license and document fee.
    Also eligible for 3.9% for 5 years.

I live in the Chicago area.
    Anyone come close to these prices?
    Thanks.
  • AXM23AXM23 Posts: 64
    Moviefan,

I hear ya. I am looking to pay invoice minus the rebate on either the TL Tech or AWD w/o tech. nothing more. I will be going to a dealer this Saturday. I will advise of the offers I receive. Please let us know if you find a dealer that matches your prices or does even better.
    Thanks
  • billyperks2billyperks2 Posts: 378
    Let me know if any dealers in your area accepts your proposal especially on the AWD TECH.
  • ChasboyChasboy Posts: 186
    I have a firm price now of $35445 + tax, license and doc. for a non tech AWD with splash guards and wheel locks, in Northern NJ. I appreciate any feedback from the rest of 'car buying bretheren'. :)
  • gcookgcook Posts: 33
    I got an offer, using the request a quote off edmunds, for 37,800..on the TL SHAWD TECH... From SF Bay Area, CA.
  • Got quoted via internet in Pittsburgh PA:

2009 Acura TL
    $32,295

2009 Acura TL -Tech Pkg
    $34,816

Looks like awesome discounts. Waiting on finance numbers.

Phil K.
    anyone have an opinion on the deal I mentioned earlier? ($35445 for AWD non tech, splash guards, wheel locks)
    I just was advised and verified on Consumer Reports that the rebate on NON Tech TL's is $1000, not $2000, which is on the other models. That increased my price quote. I almost committed to a deal, but now am a bit turned off.
    I have an out the door price of 39346.80 from Springfield and 39171.43 from Open Road Acura of Wayne.
  • So is that 32076 or 33076? I was quoted a price in NJ of 32,345 with the side trim molding and rear spoiler.
  • tomg11tomg11 Posts: 1
    There are so many ways a dealer can game the total price, one should take claims "$ less invoice" with a grain of salt. The trade-in allowance is the most obvious elastic factor.

I just bought a TL-AWD (without Tech). I calculate that I paid $34,650 for the car including the destination fee - less the the value of my trade-in (as estimated from the Edmunds site and not the phoney dealer number) and plus the state's title and licensing charges. I refused to pay the hidden dealer add-in ($99) for their "documentation fee".

Edmunds lists no incentives available - at least in my area (Maryland), which should be the same for New Jersey.

One way to gauge the dealers willingness to bargain is to examine the lease terms. The fine print shows how the "dealer contribution" will be off of the MSRP. Since the lease almost always is based on an above-market interest rate, you should be able to do a bit better than his contribution. My lease calculation put the price at $35,500 and I did end up slightly lower than that.
  • homersdhomersd Posts: 2
    You're crazy if you're willing to pay invoice. As of late 2008, the dealer holdback on the FWD TL was averaging ~$1000. I don't know what the current holdback on the cars are now, but I wouldn't let a dealer just keep all $1000. A more realistic invoice price is roughly $33155 for a 3.5 TL with tech and $29,847 for the base 3.5 model ("reported invoice" prices minus the $2000, including destination and before T&T). As a point of reference, ****direct.com has the TL with Tech for a no haggle price of $34,066 for the 3.5 TL with Tech in So Cal.
  • mim8mim8 Posts: 14
    I have an 06 TL with Navigation with only 20,700 miles and 100,000 warranty and I am trying to trade it in and cannot get a decent price from Pohanka in Northern Virginia...would like to get $22,000
    any suggestions as to where I can bring it...
    got a quote in CA bay area for TL SHAWD-TECH for 37,3xx and free service from that dealer, 5 a1 and 4 b1 services..
    Talking about holdback and getting a dealer to dig into it are 2 different things. We just paid $38995 including state tax and all the other nuisance fees. Base price including destination was 35999. The other price I had was a 'mistake' by a dealer I did not buy from. I don't think many people are going to get an Acura dealer to go below invoice.
  • The price quoted $33076 is after applying the $1000 cash back.
    got a new quote for sh-awd tech for 37,100
  • homersdhomersd Posts: 2
    I can't speak for other parts of the country, but getting a TL with tech under invoice is standard here in Southern California. I was quoted $34,700 for an 09 TL with tech with destination and before T&T about a month ago, and this was before the increase in the dealer incentive to $2000.

Looking at one of the "no haggle" car buying sites today, I get a quote of $34,066 for a 09 TL with tech with destination and before T&T. I consider this the maximum price I will pay for the car. If no local dealers are willing to haggle with me, I can always buy from the web site. Note, this is a reputable website that simply contracts with local dealers in my area and if I purchased a car from the web site, it would show up at a nearby dealer. My experience has been that dealers are eager to make some sales and would be willing to go a bit further into their holdback.

You can easily guess the website I'm referring to in my last post and check your own zip code from a sense of the pricing. I'm sure there are regional differences in pricing, but you'd be crazy to pay printed invoice for a car where I live.
  • billyperks2billyperks2 Posts: 378
    WOW- if that number includes destination, you are buying the car for $2,475 below invoice- obviously that includes the dealer cash of 2K.
    Are you in the Northeast?
  • zorro16zorro16 Posts: 31
    gcook,

does the $37100 price includes 2000$ incentive that acura is offering.

where and which dealership you got the quote from??

thanks
    oakland!! and it is th lowest quote I got and it does include the 2k incentive, so they say.. Used Edmunds to get a quote ..
  • nalinirphnalinirph Posts: 17
    I paid 35760 with destination + TTL at a dealership in Texas for a TL w tech package. That was with the $1000 dealer cash. They would not give me the $2000 dealer cash. What state did you buy in?
    I bought in Northern NJ. The $2000 is a factory rebate to the dealer that the dealer can use to lower your cost. It comes on all TL's with Tech packages. According to CU, TL-Tech FWD invoice is 36316. They claim you should deduct the $2000 plus the $1161 holdback resulting in a CU bottom line of 33156. Here, no one will negotiate holdback, at least on the AWD. However if you add that back in with the 1000 they are not giving you off, that's 35316. Not sure what you mean about destination----including? If so, your price is ok, but around here that would be 1000 less. :confuse:
  • nalinirphnalinirph Posts: 17
    The breakdown was $35000 + $760 destination charge. So $35,760 + TTL. Thanks for the info. Just curious.... :)

Nalini
  • zepnedzepned Posts: 7
    Which dealer did you buy it from? I'm getting a final price of
    $36671 for TL w/Tech with all taxes & fees.
    Boy am I confused! If you mean me, I bought from Open Road Acura in Wayne. The sales manager is Curt Lewis, tell him I referred you. If you do an internet quote, the person is Paul Rubin, tell him the same thing. Remember I bought an AWD, no tech.
    :)
  • stripe1stripe1 Posts: 72
    $33,816, from Boardwalk Acura just outside Atlantic City. People who are good at bargaining could probably knock off another $500.00+.
  • zepnedzepned Posts: 7
    Couldn't bargain anymore. Ended up paying $396/month with $4k down.
    Residual, if I remember correctly is 58% and MF was .00215. Will take
    delivery in 2 weeks. Salesman was nice and courteous and Manager was
    also nice but wouldn't budge an inch from the already good quote.
  • vanbuyervanbuyer Posts: 33
    I'm looking for a 2008 TL Base model. If anyone has purchased one? Price?
  • seifseif Posts: 38
    I am looking to get into a used TL 2005 to 2007. is there anything in any of these years that people view as better or worse for that year's model? any particular problems? thanks for the help.

also - any examples of prices people have paid or seen would be helpful.