Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• graphicguygraphicguy SW OhioPosts: 7,257
    You did good. Great car. Great deal. What color?
  • sam_ksam_k Posts: 113
    Can anyone recommend an Acura dealer to work with in the NYC area? I'll go to New Jersey, Westchester, Nassau, Suffolk, any place within 50-60 miles of NYC. I will not deal with any Paragon or Koeppel dealerships due to very experiences with them. Thanks in advance.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,105
    GG:

I'm looking for Opening Day tickets, if you run across any.... :)

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• draz2draz2 Posts: 50
    Boy, are you ever right about Paragon. I've never been to a sleazier bunch than them. I wouldn't buy a toothpick from that place. That said, I got my TL (FWD) W/ Tech from Rallye Acura in Roslyn, NY. Totally class operation. I paid $34,485 for the car including destination and wheel locks. Give them a try. You'll like the way they do business.
  • ChasboyChasboy Posts: 186
    I can heartily recommend Open Road Acura of Wayne. If you filter the posts by my handle 'chasboy' you will view my experience with them. In addition I gave them a great rating in the Edmunds Dealer rating area. If you contac them thru the internet, ask for Paul Rubin. He treated me very well.
  • mmilstedmmilsted Posts: 11
    Black on Black...they threw iin wheel locks as well...but I think they were on the TL anyway...very happy with the purchase! - worked with Acura of Brookfield in Wisconsin...ask for Matt N. - He's the internet sales manager.
    I'm looking for Opening Day tickets, if you run across any....

kyfdx....you and me, both. I may have a line on some. But, they're only single seats. And, I won't know 'till day of.

If I come across some, I'll email you.

-D
    cool.....that black on black is gorgeous. Seems as if most of my recent cars have been that color. I'm thinking burgandy over taupe if (BIG IF) I can come to a deal on a SH-AWD tech. I've got a price on the TL locked. Trade is being problematic. So, I may have to sell it on my own. Gotta do that first, though.

Congrats!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,105
    Thanks!!

The weather report is starting to put me off, though.. I thought 45 F high, with possible early morning snow showers was bad.. Now, they are saying 36F might be the high... and windy... :surprise:

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

kyfdx....I'm thinking the same thing. It's not going to be a very nice day. I may scalp some, but probably try to see what it's like weatherwise. This may be one of those years I'll have to satisfy my baseball lust in front of a TV, instead of in person.
  • martylibmartylib Posts: 3
    Hello, all. I want to find out what you think about the 2009 TL TECH and for the price is this a good vehicle? I received a lease price of $467.00 per month 12K miles which includes all tax and 2K down at inception in NJ. Is this a good price?
    Are there any other incentives out there? Dealer claims this is the bottom price.
  • martylibmartylib Posts: 3
    Was this for a 2009 TL TECH and did this include tax? What State?
  • davidl2davidl2 Posts: 4
    Hi I've found a dealer with a leftover 2008 TL with nav Silver/Taupe and they're quoting me a price of 31,100. I've looked at earlier posts and seen that people have gotten them for 29,xxx. Shouldn't the price be even lower now?
  • minnuminnu Posts: 5
    hi all,

i zeroed in on a 2006 Acura TL w/ Nav person vehicle certified pre-owned from a dealer (this is not a lease return) mileage : 15K. I have paid $22500 and OTD 24000 in NYC area, but with CT taxes. can you please tell me whether i made a good deal or not, if you know any other dealer with better than this price, please let me know.

thanks
  • kimsdadkimsdad Posts: 8
    Hi...
    Im from New Orleans. I posted about 2 weeks ago about my problem getting a reasonable price on the 09 TL FWD w/tech package. (See earlier post below) Anyway, earlier this week I ended up flying out to Louisville, KY (Accura at Oxmoor) and picked up the car for $33,800 plus tax title license. It came with full tank of gas. Even after paying $150 for airline ticket, $58 hotel one night, $35 food, and $15 extra gas, I saved between about $4000 and $1000 over best deals in Louisiana offered in New Orleans, Baton Rouge, and Shreveport.

Got 28mpg on drive home and was an easy 10 hour drive in this great car. According to Consumer Report, I paid way under INVOICE price. $36316 invoice (include destination) less $2000 dealer insentive, less $516 of the factory "holdback" = $33800. The dealer would have made $600 which is the remaining part of the "holdback" which they kept. The dealership is very nice and located about 10 miles from Louisville airport. The dealer salesman picked me up at the airport and had all of the paperwork already done with faxes and overnight fedex's before the sale ( they dealt with my credit union in New Orleans). OHHH and my credit union matched the 3.9% 5yr fiancing offered by Acura. (If you have a credit union they will match a dealer finance offer if you show them the advertisement so they can investigate the rate to match it.)

For anyone that wants the name of the salesman, drop me a line and i will share it. mailitomehere@yahooooooooo.com i guess that is allowed. I am not sure how prices will change now that the insentive/and or holdback has expired.....but I do believe that Louisville will always have a price hard to beat. DEFINITELY BETTER THAN YOU CAN GET AT THE NEW ORLEANS ACURA DEALERSHIP.....They were ridiculously high!!! Good luck!
  • ChasboyChasboy Posts: 186
    KimsDad, great job!!! I bet you never enjoyed a 'shakedown cruise' more either!!
    My in-laws neighbor did a similar thing when the MDX first came out. You got a great deal! :shades:
    NOW, tell me how much do you love this car? :)
  • ilu333ilu333 Posts: 18
    I got ant OTD quote including taxes & everything of $37,125. Is this good? I was hoping it woulld be around $36000. Do you think I'm expecting too much?
  • minnuminnu Posts: 5
    Hi all if u r in NY area check with wappinger falls acura dealer he was offering me around 32000 OTD but I was looking only at certified preowned hence I did not take the deal but who ever is interested can give a try.

Btw can any one of you please reply to my post if u can.

Thanks
  • skodukulaskodukula Posts: 13
    I got a quote for TL with Tech Package

MSRP - 39455
    Price negotiated - 33800 (inludes Dest Charge)
    TTL - Extra.

Dealer is giving Splash Guards and Locks. Is this a good price?? can we get better deals.
  • mespresmespres Posts: 6
    Which dealer did you get this price from
    Its in Chicago, Continental and Rizza Accura quoted the prices. Is that a good deal?
    On you auto:
    MSRP: $ 38,685
    Invoice: $ $36,316 (including $760 in Destination)
    Dealer Cash: - $ 2000.00
    Invoice - Dealer Cash: $34,316

That is the # you aught to be targeting. Remember the dealer is also making 2% on the vehicle...Here's how you calculate that #: MSRP - Destination * 2% = what the dealership is making off the deal AT INVOICE. Anything above invoice is frosting on the cake for them!! Now, that being said...you may be hard pressed to find a dealer that will give you the auto at invoice...I paid 37,721 for my SH-AWD w/ tech here in Wisconsin...and yes, the cars are "hard to find" here too.

There are many examples of what others are paying for you EXACT car in this Forum. although it may take a bit of time...it is WELL WORTH the read. One more item...make sure that any deal you get in writing so that you know what is included in you'deal' and what is not. For the # above, I would assume that the $34,316 is the 'Out The Door" price for the car...meaning that this is the FINAL cost for the car - add your local TTL to that # and that is where you aught to be targeting. The only additional charges should be: Documentation Fee (usually $95 to $150 - states regulate this fee and you may not be able to negotiate this fee); Title, Taxes & Licence charges.
  • That seems like a hell of a good price, I am going to Rizza on Fri to test drive the base, I thought that if I could get that for around 32,000 it would be good, your tech is not that much more. How was dealing with Rizza, they seemed low key in my first visit, the sales person was a female name was D****. Any help you can give me would be great.
    My suggestion Call all dealers if you want to get a price and the price I got on the one you are looking is 31,398 +ttl dd.

Keep me posted as I am still calling all dealers in and around Chicago and Wisconsin to see if the can better deal. I am in no hurry to close the deal and would close before 4/30. I will take my time on the deal so check with all the deal masters.
  • Thanks for your response, I will let you know, I am also looking at Lincoln MKS, probably won't talk price till 15th or so, will also get price at McGraff in Westmont. I am with you not in big hurry just want to do before the Manuf to Dealer rebate is up.
  • rockrockrockrock Posts: 6
    Just wondering, does anyone know if the $2000 "manufacturer to dealer" is still available from Acura, i'm located in Chicago?
    Yes. It was extended through April 2009.
  • rockrockrockrock Posts: 6
    Thanks mmilsted. I'm gonna swing by the dealer tomorrow, does anyone know what i can expect to pay for an extended warranty?
  • kspokanekspokane Posts: 4
    I need to know, what are people paid for 2009 tl w/tech in washington state. thank you
  • ilu333ilu333 Posts: 18
    Thank you for the 411. I did some research & read some old posts about what others paid for this car so I think I'm pretty close to a final decision. I just received another quote today for $36,300 which is the total OTD including tt&l in socal. I think this is by far the lowest I've found. Any other advise on how to negotiate or how to secure this price is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!