Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ChasboyChasboy Posts: 186
    I agree completely.
  • graphicguygraphicguy SW OhioPosts: 7,127
    Chas.....I have used your buy number, but I really do want the tech package (although, I'm more likely looking for a FWD TL w/tech). I'm thinking that $38,000 number may be doable towards the end of the month on a SH AWD/Tech car....maybe a little under $38K.

But, although my dealer has plenty of stock, the sales manager at the dealership says there's no motivation for him to sell at or below invoice. But, he did counter with $38K. That tells me there's still some factory money available, at least locally. Even calling around to different dealerships within 250 miles of me, all balked at $37,500 and told me to buy at that price at any competing dealership.

Things change when you get in front of them. They'd probably be willing to do a little more horse trading if you're sitting in their dealership. So, somewhere between $37,800 and $38K could be doable.

Then again, maybe one of those TX dealerships will sell for that. But, are padding it in other ways, with other fees on the back end that you won't know about until you get ready to sign all the papers (padded doc fees, inflated wax jobs, etc....they may not even be including delivery in those prices). We really don't know. I'm certainly not going to go all the way to TX seeking that number, only to get there and find out it's either bogus, or there are other fees that they're adding to make up for it.

I do believe I can get pretty close to $34,500 on a FWD TL w/Tech, as those are much more plentiful.

I won't frustrate myself running around everywhere seeking a number that no one will realistically sell for, however.
  • mdhaukemdhauke Posts: 202
    "Another way to find out pricing is to ask for 3 or 4 references of folks that just bought the model and package car your looking at. Call these people and ask what they paid, if they like the car, etc. "

I'm pretty sure it would be illegal for any dealer to give out information about previous customers to any random customer who walked up. I know if I received a phone call from someone saying they got my private information from a dealer such as phone number and what I pay for my cars, I certainly would have a few words with that dealership and consider my legal options.
  • nkbuynkbuy Posts: 24
    Is 37000 for the AWD+tech a good price? They were willing to sell me for that price if i was picking from existing inventory on lot. This is in the sf bay area.
  • hokie28hokie28 Posts: 16
    Sounds good to me.
  • nkbuynkbuy Posts: 24
    i got quotes for around 33k for the fwd+tech and low 37k for the SHAWD+tech. Maybe we should try to coordinate and try to get a better price
  • billyperks2billyperks2 Posts: 378
    I called and expalined to the sales rep that on a particular forum, his dealership is selling the car for 36.9K.He took my infornmation and got back to me within the hour and said that number is impossble to get to.
    There are only two Acura dealerships close to me.....4 if I expand my search from where I live (SW OH) to Columbus. So, I've talked to all of them. $37.5K seems to be the "walk point" for them. I can get $38K. Might be able to get $37,700 if I work them a little bit.

$37K just won't buy that car around me.

If I expanded my search to include Chicago (about a 5-6 hour drive for me), I might be able to trim a few hundred more off that price. Then again, I could go to Chicago and come away empty handed, too. Point being, even if you have a deal you think you is firm from an out-of-town dealer, doesn't mean the deal won't have some surprises once you make the trip. You really don't know what the deal is until you get into their store, and look over all the paper work.

California's a little different. Many more dealerships. Lots more competition.

If they're offering $37K on a SH AWD w/Tech, I'd jump on it. Their eating into their holdback, which they don't (might not) like to do. Dealerships around me just won't do it. That could change once the end of the model year hits, and they still have a lot of '09s left, with '10s hitting the lot.

Just one caveat, the deal's not done once you agree on a price. Make sure you find out if the doc fees are padded, high margin accessories added, or any other "add-ons" before you sign papers.

Also, if you have a trade, they may be low-balling your trade to make up for anything they lose on the new car sale. Get 2-3 quotes on your trade from other dealerships to get a feel for it's true trade-in value.

There's lots of inventory around me. So, there isn't much of a desire for a dealership to do a dealer trade to get a specific color combo. So, it's not surprising they want you to take something they already have in stock.
    billy....don't know where you are, but I'm seeing the same thing. $37K won't get it done on a SH AWD-Tech. The dealers will usually say "we're close....come in and let's make a deal". They aren't even saying that. They're rejecting it with no follow-up.

I'll wait a month or so to see where things are when the '10s hit the lot. Might be an issue with color selection on an '09 at that point, but that's the risk I'm taking.
    When are the 2010 models of the SH AWD-Tech suppose to hit?
  • mikey38mikey38 Posts: 141
    fees....that's why whenever I am buying a vehicle I simply tell the salesperson....give me your best price including any fees the dealership feels it needs to add minus TTL. Makes it simple for everyone.
    I am in CT and two dealerships here have accepted 37.5K but when I saw the poster Aucaprice number of 36.9K , I thought that was a good opportunity.
  • bw5556bw5556 Posts: 4
    Is there any advantage to waiting for the MY 2010 to be released before leasing a TL? I wanted to wait to see if the 2010 would get the 6AT from the ZDX but there's a dealer here with about 50 2009s on the lot.
  • kingpcgeekkingpcgeek Posts: 985
    The residual should be higher on the 10, but knowing Honda they will raise the money factor as well, so it should be a wash.
  • ChasboyChasboy Posts: 186
    I love a deal, bargain, good price, whatever one choses to call it. However, there comes a time when the extra squeeze for a couple of hundred dollars may not be worth it, such as buying proximity, availability and so on. I have learned after buying cars for over 40 years, and for a good time under the tutelage of an expert that there is always 'that better deal'. Watch out for surprise fees, especially if you travel a distance. I had one dealer expect $150 more than another for the same 'doc' fee.
    FWIW, we love our AWD, and I wish everyone else out there to get theirs and enjoy it just as much. :D
  • acurapriceacuraprice Posts: 64
    Sounds good. What dealer in Chicago, salesperson? Date of purchase?
  • robertw477robertw477 Posts: 179
    Never do a more than a 36/39 month lease. No benefit to you only the dealer. Also for me sign and drive only no 2K down for me. The economy stinks and people just dont have credit. How many deals do these dealers run and have a problem clearing credit. Especially on a lease that requires a higher score.

Good luck
    Rob
  • jmcmannisjmcmannis Posts: 39
    Man, I wish I lived where you guys do. Here in Pittsburgh they still don't want to deal. I'm still getting quotes around $40K for the SH-AWD with Tech. This is my top choice for a new car but at those prices/payments I don't think it's going to happen. I can get a lease on a MB C300 Sport 4Matic for over $100/mo less. Might have to go with that. I'll go into the dealer later this week and see if I can't work them down. Although even Edmunds is showing $40K as the TMV.
    I'd tell the dealer exactly where you stand. MB C300 for $100 less. See if your Acura dealers will move.
    Why don't you go for a G37x which could be had for under 36k?
  • hugh59hugh59 Posts: 3
    Hi,

I live on Long Island and looking for a TL with SHAWD without the Tech. Anyone know what I should expect to purchase for? Any leads on a good dealership?

Thanks,
    Rob
    You can check out the Greenwich Acura, I could have made a deal for 37.5K on the awd tech. so non tech models would probably be priced approx. 4K less.
  • bw5556bw5556 Posts: 4
    Thanks, all.

From the quotes I've received so far, I think I will be able to get a good price on the car, but the money factor concerns me. Once I check into the Graduate offers I should be all set to work out a deal. I've heard that the credit tiering doesn't apply to the Graduate Program...to be continued.
  • jmcmannisjmcmannis Posts: 39
    Back in December when I first started my search I test drove the G35X and it was OK but didn't wow me like the TL did. Maybe I'll take another look at it. I really did like the dealership and salesman I delt with at Infiniti.
    I would like to know what people are getting in the northern virginia area for a TL with SH-AWD TECH.
  • magichourmagichour Posts: 3
    Does any of you know how much does AcuraLink (for real time traffic and weather forcast) monthly subscription cost? From Acura website, it says it charges "nominal fee" for Acuralink, how much is "nominal fee"? Would like to know before I purchase an Acura. Thanks.
  • draz2draz2 Posts: 50
    I think you misread the website. First of all the Acuralink is free. Secondly, the weather and traffic features are provided thru XM satellite radio and, after your three month free trial subscription expires you'll have to begin paying for this yourself. The basic XM service is supposed to be $12.95/month but you can get a promotional price of $77/year for the first year. Then the traffic/weather is $7/month on top of that (if you want to keep it...you don't have to).
    I hope this califies things.
    Good luck. I think the TL is a steal at what they're asking for it. I think it's easily worth $7-10k more than its real selling price.
    Looks like the best deal on a new 09 TL SH-AWD w TECH is going to be $37,500
    This is with the stock 18" alloy wheels, not the 19" HPT (summer tires).

Invoice is $39,871
    Less $2,000 dealer cash (still hanging around, even though it's expired)
    They will go $37,871.....but wait, there's more....
    Holdback money to dealer is 2% of invoice, which is $797.00
    Dealer makes $0.00 at $37,074
    Car can be had for $37,500......So, car cost dealer $37,000 - they will make $500 at $37,500.

McDavid in Plano Internet sales mgr called me back and offered Black w umber SHAWD/Tech, 19" wheel w summer tires for $38,500
    As a "former dealer" I would think that you would know that you have no way to know what the holdback is on a car unless you know how long the dealer has had it floored. After 90 days there is no holdback. FYI everything I read has Acura holdback at 3% of MSRP, not 2% of invoice.
    OK, so if it's 3% of invoice ($39,871) your talking $1,136. hold back. So if the car is less than 90 days on the lot, the dealer cost is $36,734. Either way, I'm thinking $37,500 is still the lowest deal your probably going to see.

Sales person at #1 volume Acura dealer in Texas (Goodson) said they will be the first to get a couple of 2010 TL SH-AWD cars in as early as AUG 1st, way before most dealers. He said the car is going up $300 on sticker, and they are getting rid of the Royal Blue Pearl for 2010. Wondering how they will deal on the 10's? Betcha $37,900 will still get it done.