Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Hey graphicguy,

2 grand off 36095 is 34095 ... You're doing some of that car salesman math :)
    Did you mean 34500 instead?
  • Bought my TL FWD Tech package for 33.8. 2nd TL owned. Simply a great car.
    Good luck.
  • missjillmissjill Posts: 8
    edited February 2010
    stglide... Had they added anything like moonroof visor, pinstriping onto the price of the car? That is a great price! How did you get it below invoice and then the 2 grand included? :confuse: You obviously know how to deal.
  • jill
    First asked for competing quotes w/ 2 dealers. First and 2nd quotes received 33.8. dealer inventory with a jan build date. Acura 2k incentive Tech package a very nice plus. Checked edmunds and truecar to verify pricing. Add on ($700) for wheel locks, mud guards, shifter knob and wheel protection package for 5yrs.
    Good luck. Thank you Edmunds for invaluable information.
  • What is this? Can I get more information?
  • missjillmissjill Posts: 8
    edited February 2010
    stglide... Just a couple more questions, I promise :blush: Did you pay 33.8 plus 700 bucks or 33.8 total before fees such as documentation/TTL? Is the destination charge included with the 33.8? The other dealer is hours away, but I will get in contact. Many thanks.
  • Depreciation remains a significant part of car ownership. Buying a one year old car appears to be a good idea until one looks at the cost of a certified one year old car.
    With a bit of negotiating on a new car the spread between a new car price and a certified one year old car is small. Does anyone have experience in buying a certified car? Thank you
  • Jill
    Destination charge included. Accessories and doc fee additional to 33.8k.
    My transaction done via email. Color selection, accessories and total price over the telephone.
    Good Luck.
  • Mendota101
    Correct 1st year depreciation a wake up call. Great if you can find a choice low mileage car. Plenty of tools available to get familiar with dealer wholesale cost. Don't forget a carfax reports to review VIN history.
    Good luck. Although nothing like have a new car too....
  • graphicguygraphicguy SW OhioPosts: 7,262
    edited February 2010
    jill....man, I'm usually pretty good when I run my car numbers. I really screwed that one up, though :surprise: .

Thanks for catching that.

If it were me (and what I'm looking for), I'd go with something like this offer.....

No trade, no financing.

TL SH AWD w/tech

$38,500 (includes doc fee)
    license/title fee=approx $50 (plug in your own state and local license/titile fees)
    my local tax rate is 6.25%=$2,406 (plug in your own tax rate)

Final check made out for $40,956. I'd present them with that check. They can either accept it, in which case I'd drive off in a new car. Or, they can reject it and I'll take that check somewhere else.
    jill.....$34,500 is what I meant for a TL base w/tech.

Using the same calculations......no trade, no financing.....

Offer $34,500 (includes doc fee)
    My license/title fee=approx $50
    My tax rate of 6.25%=$2,156

Total check written=$36,706.
  • Thanks stglide... Checked the Edmunds price and it's right at what you are saying with destination included. I'm not going to pay more than that, even if I have to drive a state over. Will post how it all goes down, good or bad :P.
  • thanks graphicguy... I will walk away if I get the run-around too.
  • tudiutudiu Posts: 24
    edited February 2010
    Graphicguy,
    No, There was no trade in involved. I did not even negotiate with the guy at all. All I told him I was from another state not in Virginia. The offer was only on the car included dest charge. Have to add on tax + doc fee. This dealer is in Fall Church VA, RADLEY ACURA. When you contact them, do not tell them you are local. They know you've done your home work and wanna do business with you and give you much lower quote than local buyers.
    I did not make any offer, because I believe that the incentive will be back in March. Maybe getting more than $2000 cash-dealer off.
    I did a lot of research about this car and found that many ppl don't like the look of it including car reviews. Therefore, Acura will come out with much lower incentive soon. But I assumed all of us here do like the look of this new TL, I like the TL-AWD with TECH pkg. I will wait for the right time to get it. I believe dealers still have room to come down $1500 more from $37.5k. Just be patient man.
    edited February 2010
    tu....thanks for the report. I've got a quote from Pohanka in VA. They're a bit higher than my target price. But, they were willing to flat bed the car to me in OH gratis. I looked at Radley. They didn't have the color combo I wanted.

We'll see what happens on Tuesday, when the new incentives come out. I'm thinking they stay the same, maybe get bumped about $500. It may be a bit early for that to happen though based on what Acura did last year ($2,500 incentive didn't hit until the end of the model year, which was in late summer, early fall).

What's Radley's doc fee? I've seen some as high as $800 in some instances, in states that have no limit for doc fess.
  • I expect to purchase a 2010 TL-AWD over the next month. I currently own a 2001 MDX that I expect to keep. The MDX had the transmission go at around 90,000 and Acura covered the full expense. (I had been complaining about the issue to them since around 70k). Well, at 145k the same shuddering sound is back, so I expect it to get progressively worse over the coming 10k or so miles.

I want to negotiate some type of discount on a future transmission replacement at the same time that I purchase a new TL. Anyone have any thoughts or advice. What should I be asking for (e.g. work performed at cost or 30% off total cost of job, or predetermiend up front cost for the job???)

Thanks;
    Jamie
    jamie....you're keeping the MDX?

I don't know that you have much leverage here. You've got 145K on a vehicle. It's well past warranty expiration. And, they gave you a new tranny gratis, even though you were well out of the warranty period to begin with.

You're getting to the end of any vehicles useful life without some major repair bills coming due at 145K miles.

I guess you can ask for some consideration in purchasing a TL. The worst thing they can say is "no".
  • jrcarguyjrcarguy Posts: 4
    The MDX has been great except for the 1 transmission problem. Need a 3rd car in the family and this one has been good to me. Figured I could get some leverage given that I am buying my 3rd Acura. As you said, can't hurt to ask.
    Anyone heard what the March incentives are?
  • majikufmajikuf Posts: 13
    A dealer just e-mailed me and told me that "dealer cash went up on a TL.
    So we can do couple hundred better on the price." Hopefully someone has a tangible number on what that means.
    Thanks majikuf....they might be matching what they had towards the end of MY '09 on TL incentives....$2,500, maybe?
    I just asked another dealer and he said that the TL tech incentive went to $2250. I asked him if he has any other info, we'll see what he says.
    OK, he said the TL Tech incentive was raised to $2250 and the finance incentives were still in place (2.9% for 60 months, etc)

So, maybe I saved myself about half a payment by not purchasing by the end of Feb.. :)
  • billyperks2billyperks2 Posts: 378
    The TL incentive went $2,500 last year?-WOW. I bought mine last August and the highest I ever saw the Incentive on a AWD Tech was $2K. Non Tech Car was $1K.
    billy....going from memory here. But, I do recall that's what one of my local dealers told me ($2,500 incentive ) towards the end of last summer on an '09 tech.
  • billyperks2billyperks2 Posts: 378
    Trust me it was only 2K, I still have the invoice filed away and those who are waiting to see more than 2K on Tech cars-Good Luck.I waited a whole year for the deals to get better and I finally pulled the plug when I saw there was no light at the end of the tunnell.
  • winston18winston18 Posts: 10
    The Feb incentive in my area was 2K + 1.9% financing. It looks like the dealers are playing with the interest rate.

IMHO, if you are looking to buy you should do soon. I just bought, and they made a deal way below invoice. In the spring, the dealers wont be as motivated to dig into their own pockets.
  • rlonn1rlonn1 Posts: 106
    I just checked Edmunds and it looks like the incentive is for MARCH only, 1.9 APR and $2250 Marketing support.. So it is the same as last month but another $250 that MIGHT go towards your final price... My TL was purchased on February 22nd, TL, SH-AWD, Tech, Wheel Locks, Trunk Tray, Mud Guards, $37825 + TTL. Southern California area.. Also, check my question over at TL Audio! Thanks!! :shades:
  • Thank you for that info. You are correct, I just received a letter from Acura finance today and it is 1500 in the form of a check cut to the dealer to lower the sale of the car in addition to the 2250 dealer cash that's available. I also found out that Acura has a program that allows you to rollover lease milage depending on what your current lease contract mileage is and the mileage on the car you are returning. In my case I have a 10K 36mo and returnibg with 19k. I don't know all the details on the mileage rollover program but Acura financial can explain it if you call. Thanks again.
  • jac1304jac1304 Posts: 33
    The 1500 is only on a lease? And the 2250 is for purchasing?