Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• That's a good price right now. Obviously, as time goes by they will start offering incentives and make pricing more competitive. You are allowed on this forum to list the dealership that provided the quote.
  • sonny41sonny41 Posts: 1
    Hi,

I am in the market to purchase a base 2012 Acura TL and would like to hear what folks have paid lately? Any info appreciated

Thanks
  • acnelsacnels Posts: 1
    I am in the Chicago area and received a quote of $ 40,658.00 for the AWD + Tech. This is w/o the OTD fees. Good, bad, decent?
  • rkaliarkalia Posts: 3
    looking to buy a 2011 TL - any recommendations at what range should we be talking total take home- financing or leasing both options. Will be also open to look at the indiana or wisconsin inventory...

We had given an offer of 35 with everything included...is that a good quote?
    which dealer...as we are interested and are in the chicago land area
    the schaumburg guy did not agree and was wondering if anyone else had been able to get it in that range...we are still in the market looking
  • mrlddstmrlddst Posts: 10
    I'm trying to figure out what a good deal is for a Demo TL+FWD+Tech 2011 in Virginia with 5000 miles on it. They also have the Floor Model+AWD+custom modeling+Tech 2011. They keep trying to give me a speech about the Japanese earthquake and how the price of cars is going to rise whenever I ask about the price, like I'm an idiot.
  • pcx1pcx1 Posts: 6
    Same here, there's a demo 2010 FWD Tech around here. They're not saying the price yet but is asking $30k + TTL reasonable? or too low?
  • mrlddstmrlddst Posts: 10
    Depending on the mileage, thats sounds about right.
  • einedeined Posts: 1
    All,

I currently have a 2010 Acura TSX (i4) with Tech package with 19000 miles on it. Its exactly one year old. My dealership contacted me about a buyback program with 20% over fair market value. I would love some advice on whether the deal seems decent or not.

I bought my car new in 2010 for 28990 (TSX with Tech). It now has 19000 miles on it, and is in good condition.

The dealership is offering me 27030 for my trade in, but pretty close to MSRP on the 2012 Acura TL Base (FWD) I would be buying. I could probably negotiate maybe 750-1000 off the price of the new TL, which would put the price about 35,500 with doc fee. I am in a sales tax free state.

My question is, would I be dumb to trade in my TSX, which I like, for the 2012 TL with the above deal, considering the deal I got on my TSX originally and I would be losing out on the Tech package? This is my commuter car so I don't use the navigation that much. Would I miss the Tech package going from my TSX to TL?

Any advice would be welcomed.
  • I am leasing a 2009 TL FWD Tech and was planning to let the lease expire in early Sept. vs. buying the lease out at the residual of $23,500 plus 6% MI tax, so around $25,000. Now with all the commotion in the used car market and prices jumping, I am thinking twice about this and am wondering if I should step up and buy it, as it only has 25,000 miles on it and will likely have near 28,000 by September. Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated!
  • kimaskimas Posts: 14
    To get $27030 for your trade, to me, is the clincher. That value sounds more like a used car price you'd pay rather than a trade in.

I drive a TL and love it. It is a very different car from the TSX. Before I bought my TL, I sat on the driver's side of a TSX and immdiately decided on a TL. I didn't have to test drive the TSX.

Anyway, the only reason why I would stick with the TSX is the tech package. I guarantee that you'll miss it if you get the base TL.

Just my 2 cents....
    When I bought my 2011 TL in March, I let the finance guy talk about all the add ons he was trying to sell me.

When he's done, I told him that I am only interested in the Gap insurance and even if I am interested, I told him I would only pay for half the price he was quoting me (he quoted $750 for Gap insurance!!!).

He wondered and tried to sell Gap at full price and told me all the good reason why I would take it from them. I held my ground. (I knew he can come down on the price of Gap). He finally called somebody, told him of my situation and he went down on the price. I ended up paying $425 for Gap instead of $375.

I know it still a lot for Gap but I could not risk driving the car home without it.
    Go lower...the 2012s are out. See previous posts about prices paid for 2011s
    In the bay area here, lowest i can find for base 2011 is 31k + TTL, still not convinced this is a good enough deal, any thoughts?
  • scottphillipscottphillip Posts: 249
    I am looking at a 2012 TL with navigation, and am only offered $500 off MSRP. Does this sound reasonable?

Thanks! :confuse:
    Bay area in Chicago? Hmmmm, in the Bay Area NorCal, you should be able to buy the 2011 base TL for 30K and change plus TTL. Market areas are different so I am not sure in the Chicago area.
    The 2012s just came out. $500 off MSRP should be ok if you are buying next year's model this early.
    This is in NorCal, maybe I haven't pushed enough. Would you mind sharing the dealer name? Thanks
    edited May 2011
    Don't think I can post the dealer's name here. But, I did buy a 2011 TL with Tech back in March from a dealership in the South Bay area. Got a great deal, below $33K from an MSRP of almost $40K.
  • m6userm6user Posts: 3,048
    It's perfectly all right to post dealer names here. Just don't reference a particular salesperson.
  • rngsswrngssw Posts: 4
    Just brought a 12 TL Auto AWD + Tech in Chicago for $41.2K + TTL. Could not get the $40658 price. My trade-in is in line with Edmunds' number.
  • malibu0212malibu0212 Posts: 16
    not much changed from 2009 - and I don't know why - at least it should offer some choices on the grill.

I'll see if it gets better in the next gen. I am very happy with everything in 2008 TL.
  • jbhansenjbhansen Posts: 20
    Just got a 2012 FWD Advance in Basque Red Pearl with Parchment interior. Add-ons were wheel locks and splash guards. MSRP was $42,395. Got the vehicle for $40,730.
  • canxleicanxlei Posts: 1
    Just back from the Seattle dealer, they have 2012 FWD + Tech for MSRP $42,xxx + $1850 market adjustment values. (sounds ridiculous, but they waive for me.). as I leaving the store I got the final offer for $39,500 + tax .. acceptable?
  • Duane Phillips, Portland, offered me 2012 FWD + Tech + Northwest Package for $38660 + tax. Not sure if either party is including document fee.
  • mlb2011mlb2011 Posts: 2
    Hi- I'm new to this site. I've read a lot of great discussion points here and decided to get some thoughts on my own situation.

There is a local Acura dealership (California) with a 2010 TL w/Tech pkg. Car is new, but with ~600 miles on the odometer. Though the car is technically new it is now obviously 2 model years old, so I'm having trouble gauging fair value.

Thoughts on what a fair price for this car would be out the door?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!
    I would start at $5000 below invoice for that model year and equip. You should be able to get for at least $4000 under. It was obviously a demo or service loaner.
  • mlb2011mlb2011 Posts: 2
    Thanks for the response- so I'm seeing a factory invoice for this make/model to be $37,304 (truecar). So something around $32K + TTL would be a good deal?
    Yes. They are selling used, certified 2010 TLs/tech with 3-5k miles for around $32k ASKING price. I would guess they are going for about $30k. So around $32k is certainly a reasonable price for a demo.

I see some dealers in Chicago area selling certified 2011s with 4-5k miles for around $33-$34k asking price which I bet you could get for $32k.