Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• tuxcattuxcat Posts: 11
    It is there already. I am tuxacura there.
  • gani1gani1 Posts: 7
    edited January 2012
    Hello,

I bought a brand new TL with AWD and Tech Package. I paid 40K $ as the OutTheDoor price for that. This also includes Wooden trimmed steering and wooden gear knob(together like 700 i guess). I got him down to 39500$ and then added accessories and made a round figure offer including destination fees, taxes, procesing fees, tags, title etc for 40K $. I don't know if its a better deal or not.

And then, I got an extended warranty for 8yr/100K (platinum coverage from Resource Automotive, dealer offered) for 1303$(initially he told 1500$ and then i negotiated to 1303$).

I also got Resistall protection for 500$ (7yrs, lifetime renewable),
    and Dent and scartch protection for 509$(5yrs),
    and Complete Tinting for 280$(35%),
    and All season floor mats for 120$.

So the total gets around 43K $.

Financing: o$ down payment, 0.9% for 60months.

Did any one get the resistall or dent protection package or extended warranty? if so, please reply with how much u have paid for those option?

Thank you !!!
    I think you got a pretty good deal on the car. May I ask why you chose the third party extended warranty over the one from Acura?

I am thinking about extended warranty as well since I plan to drive the car a lot. But the only one I will consider is the genuine Acura one. I have gotten quote for $1,295 from online dealers for a 7 yr/120K one. The 8 yr/100K one costs about $1,265 as well.
    Thank you!

Even i thought of getting the Acura Care only. The dealer quoted it for around 1465$ for 8yr/100K. That's the price I saw online on curry acura also.

But he suggested me to take the Resource automotive one because, I can make use of that warranty at any XXX( i dont exactly remember) dealers, just not Acura. He said that this is the number one warranty company. I can still return this warranty and get a full refund with in 60 days. I will do some research and then I may cancel it.

By the way, may I ask which model you are getting and the price ?

Also, any comments and price quotes about the ResistAll and Dent Protection thing?. Did your dealer offer them to you? If so, can you please tell me how much did he quote it for?. I feel like I got ripped off for these protection packages.

Thanks in advance :)
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,468
    I'm glad you said you can return the warranty, because you should. Even the Acura Care warranty isn't necessary. Your TL is a HONDA underneath everything. You bought the car from Curry? You live in Westchester then? If you do, then bring your car for service at Acura of Westchester in Larchmont.

They sold you on a 3rd part warranty company because there is a higher markup for them than selling you the Acura Care warranty.

What is resistall? Besides excess dealer profit?

Look at what the dent & scratch protection covers. Just the door panels or just the sides of the car?

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

I bought the car in Chantily, Virginia (pohanka Acura). And yes, I am planning to return the third party warranty and may be I will get the Acura CAre.

Resistall is for protection of interior and exterior. any spills interior and any tears etc. they put a paint sealant on the exterior and covers and paint loss or gloss. its basically for life time.

dent protection is for entire car excluding bumpers(plastic), tires and rims. they repair/repaint and remove any dents etc up to 6inches on your car for 5yrs. no charge.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,468
    I think the resistall is worthless, but the $500 dent protection if it includes scuffed wheels & bumper damage should be OK.

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

edited January 2012
    I bought a base CBP/Taupe TL/tech for $34,445 before PF and TTL (about $36,950 OTD.) I have splash guard and wheel locks.

My dealer tried to sell me a third party extended warranty (Zurich) and even that is not as cheap as the quote I am getting from online sources.

curry acura is not the best price, try giving Bob Leab at Hyannis Honda a call.

FWIW, with Acura Care you can still have third party shops work on your car in case of emergency, but you need to file a claim for the repairs and you of course should call the road side assistance before the repairs.
  • swartelswartel Posts: 9
    edited January 2012
    Hi gani1,

Can you specify the out-the-door price minus taxes?

Much thanks.
    edited January 2012
    Its approximately 37880$ including Destination fee of 880$.

It does not include processing fee, tags, title, taxes.
  • acura85acura85 Posts: 12
    Hi,

Where did you buy a new 2012 Acura TL with tech for $34,445?
    What accesories were included in this price?

Thank you,
    acura85:

I bought mine from Norris Acura West. I used the carwoo.com shopping service to get my offers from the various dealers in the area. Rosenthal Acura was offering the same price as well. That price included splash guards only but I also got wheel locks as well. Without accesories it was $34,275 before PF and TTL.

I bought it on Dec 30th so it was the end of the year plus there are incentives from Honda/Acura if you finance the car via Acura Financial Services. I got the 60 months 0.9% financing as well.

Good luck!
  • Hi,

To clarify, is this a SH-AWD? (I'm interested in pricing for SH-AWD with tech.)
    No, it was a Base (2WD) + Tech
  • markcincinnatimarkcincinnati Posts: 5,071
    edited January 2012
    I too used carwoo.com -- ended up with a '12 TL SH-AWD Advance at MSRP+shipping @ 87% of list. The discounts offered were from a low of 6% off MSRP to a typical 8% all the way to the 13% discount.

The dealer with the big discount did make it clear it was a take it or leave it deal with exactly 6 days duration. Most dealers offered at least 14 days -- but using carwoo.com the dealer and the buyer can "negotiate" -- or not, any way they want.

My deal in an attempt to offer full disclosure was for a White exterior with Black interior. The deal was EXACTLY the deal. I was OK with the exterior and have never liked black interiors, but once I saw the car, I had no problem with it. If, however, I had changed my mind and wanted any other color combo, well, the 13% discount was withdrawn. The car had 121 miles on it, other than that it was brand spankin' new.

I also got rear back up sensors and splash guards, but they were after the fact, so to speak.

Dealer was Lindsay Acura, Columbus, Ohio.

You can research dealers, if you want, here: www.dealerrater.com.
  • Thanks, Mark.
  • I just purchased a 2012 TL and like everything about the car. It has alot of technology for the $.
    I punch it on the interstate one day without any cars in sight and got to 90mph in a few seconds just to see what the car had. It is very quick. When I was young, am 58 now used to drag race and know the damage that happens when a vehicle wrecks at high speed. Maybe I am missing something but I think speeding is very dangerous and breaks the law.
  • What are all the incentives Acura is offering on a 2012 TL? Please help.
  • What is PF, is it is an incentive, how much is that?
    Incentives:-

Acura incentive --- 1250$

Flex cash ---- 1000$ (only if you finance it from American Honda Finance. Dealers usually offer this finance in the first place)

Hold back price----- 2 to 3 % of cars invoice price(not msrp). It's usually around 800 I guess.

You should at least get these discounts and then you can still bargain depending upon the dealer. With all the above incentives, you should atleast get the price around 3K less than what dealers invoice price is.
    Kohinoor,

PF is processing fee for dealer. It's usually around 300 to 400$.
    I paid 399$ for mine. You can bargain to waive this fee. But I would say its a tough shot to get PF and Destination Charges waived, unless the dealer is already making a lot of profit.
  • m6userm6user Posts: 2,965
    Destination charge is part of the invoice of the vehicle and is not negotiable. You may get them down a similar amount to the destination charge but it, in itself, is not negotiable. PF, never heard it called that before, or dealer fee is different in nearly every state. Some states, by law, limit the amount a dealer can charge. In IL it is around $152 and all dealers will charge that amount and will not negotiate or remove it. Again, you may negotiate that same amount off the price of the car but the "dealer fee" will still be on your bill of sale. In some states the dealer fee is a large amount like you describe and I can imagine it may be negotiable if there is no statute that limits it or something similar to that.
    Yup. I agree.
  • zodkoyzodkoy Posts: 1
    Acura tl Base sh-awd
    $ 35400
    12000 miles a yr, 36 month
    56% residual, .00098 factor $1300 at signing
    $433 includes taxes and reg.
    Dont need the best deal, just a good one.
    Princeton acura, nj
  • I purchased a 2012TL in Dec 11. At the time it was 1250.00. For the standard model was $34,200 out the door.
  • mihinkmihink Posts: 28
    What does this have to do with the "prices paid and buying experience" forum. 58 years old and can't figure out where to post your 'thoughts' on the interwebs..geez :confuse:
  • ken117ken117 Posts: 189
    A dealer processing fee (PF) is usually called dealer document fee. Either way it is pure profit for the dealer. The amount differs by state. Some states cap the amount and some do not. I think $300 to $400 is simply silly. My state caps it at $200. Either way, I never really pay it, see below.

There are legal issues involving a PF. For example a dealer must show it charged it to every customer or risk facing discrimiation charges (charging to some and not to others is a big no-no).

However, that does not mean a savy customer cannot negotiate the PF away. All that needs to be done is to have the dealer reduce the negotiated selling price of the vehicle to account for the silly PF. For example, if the deal reached is $20,000 for the vehicle and the dealer attempts to add a PF of $400 to that amount, simply have the dealer reduce the price to $19,600 plus the PF of $400. The result is the same , you paid $20,000, and the dealer is covered because it can show it charged the PF.

I have never encountered a dealer who would let a deal go because of the PF. If I did, I know there is another dealer down the road. If the dealer says he cannot do this, he is lying. It is important to remember, regardless of what the dealer states, the PF is simply profit to the dealer.
  • My error. New at this posting stuff. Thanks for bringing to my attention. I have enjoyed reading all the comments about people who have purchased an Acura. I just bought a new TL and love it. The majority of the comments appear to come from people with class and respect for other people.