Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• dtso26dtso26 Posts: 2
    you should be able to get below 34 OTD. I am getting range of 33-34 OTD and this is with NYC tax.
  • Just brought home black on white pearl TL with Tech package for $36.5 with 2 oil changes + 2 details + all weather mats. I am from California. Still happy with it :) Thank you guys.
  • buyabuya Posts: 74
    Nearly midnight! Happy for you on getting a car you really like.
  • sadams21sadams21 Posts: 3
    edited October 2012
    Just put a deposit down on a 2012 Acura TL base. Got the white with parchment interior. They are upgrading the wheels for me to the 19" FCS-9 chrome look alloy wheels. I'm getting the car for $33,500 +TTL and 2.9% financing. The tire and wheel package is around $3,000 according to Acura.com. Thoughts? Am I getting a decent deal?
  • I got mines with Tech package for $36500 out of the door. Sale price is $33181

You dont have nav but u have 19" wheels, i think the wheel is $2360. I think it is a very decent deal. I think from Base to Tech Package is $3700. IMO, u can ask for more. Why not go for NAV or get the Diamond cut wheels. Are you in California?
  • Paid $30,750 back in Feb with 36 month 0.9% financing.Considering the 2012 model year is ending soon , you probably could do better.Besides they always overcharge for add-ons.Price those rims elsewhere and see if it's a good deal.
  • Thanks for the input. I'm in Maryland, not California. I was debating whether to go with the nav or not. I was actually more worried about the wheels, because I did not like the base model wheels.
  • I was seeing the wheels I got and the diamond cut wheels for about 1600 without tires on ebay. So maybe around 2400 after tires were purchased. I think I did ok, but you're probably right though, I could have done a bit better. Thanks for your response.
  • Looking at some of these prices reported for the 2012 AWD w/Tech has made me jealous. In the Seattle area, and have been looking/negotiating for a few weeks. Bought the car today for 39455, was 43.7k OTD (9.5% Sales Tax in WA). Every dealer (except the one I bought it from) was in the 44-46k OTD range.
  • Today, got a dealer in DC area down to 33,700 before TTL. Didn't end up taking it.
  • grkmecgrkmec Posts: 12
    Just piced up a 2012 Acura TL AWD TECH. Here is the deal I got:

MSRP = $43, 880
    Price = $34,990 (includes D&H and conquest cash)
    + fees of
    dealer fee = $399
    Lease fee =$595
    Title = $160
    Tags = $25

I did a lease of 3yr / 10k miles so my inceptions were fees mentioned, plus taxes plus first month = $2,700 and 35 payments of $371. Purschased from Pohanka in DC area.
  • zscman122zscman122 Posts: 3
    edited October 2012
    Congrats on your car! That is a great deal.

I was at Pohanka as well, but they were running low on the 2WD TL Techs. Nothing left but ugly whites.

They tried to get me in the SH-AWD, but I wanted the better gas mileage and the payment was about $75 more on a 12K lease. :(

I'll post what I end up settling on.
  • Excellent deal! Do you mind sharing which dealer you got this deal from? Thx
  • Hi, I am in Seattle area as well. I got my 2012 AWD w/tech back in March for $40400 before tax (8.6% in Fife). I cannot get any below than that. I am super jealous of the people can get it for less than $37000. Which dealership did you buy yours from?
  • robpacrobpac Posts: 2
    Been following this forum for a few weeks and you were all a huge help! So, to keep sharing, here's what I was able to get last night from a DC area dealer...

2012 Acura TL 2WD - Tech Package
    MSRP = 40,330
    Price = 33,179
    Loyalty discount = (1,000)
    Freight = 895
    Acquisition = 595
    Doc fee = 195
    Total before tax and title = 33,864

I feel like I got a good deal and should be picking up the car tonight or tomorrow. Thanks again to the forum!
  • snehsneh Posts: 3
    Are you kidding me? You may have well just grabbed the keys and drove it off the lot. I am extremely jealous. How did you manage to get the price knocked down so much. If I were to walk in and tell the salesman to sell me a 44k MSRP car for 36k OTD, I would probably be ridiculed. Please share your secret. I am looking for a 2013 TL AWD Tech (obviously there would be a higher premium for that since its newer).
  • snehsneh Posts: 3
    You did get a good deal. If your price after tax and tags is significantly less then the MSRP, in which your case it is, then you did amazing. Grats on your new car, I hope you're enjoying it.
  • Choosing between this and a 2012 TSX Tech. (Yes, I posted to each thread.)

2012 TL Tech: 34,600 + TTL
    2012 TSX Tech: 31,200 + TTL

Seems like the TL price is "better." Love both cars.
  • Got two offers yesterday on base TLs -- $30,988 and $30,488.

Great price for that car, IMO.

(I'm holding out for a Tech/Advance between $31k and $32k.)
  • buyabuya Posts: 74
    edited November 2012
    What to jealous? Your driving the car 3/4 year earlier than ... The price you paid was your best price, so just be happy that you got a wonderful car and enjoy it. People buying outgoing year model are losing a year on it. Depreciation of the car is friendlier to you when you bought it than to those buying the same car now.
  • vasugvasug Posts: 3
    Hi There, I'm in urgent need of a new car and have been shopping for couple of days. I tried to find any left over 2012 advance but there are only couple and the dealers want almost 40K for it before tt&l. I just received a quote from a Texas dealer for a red 2012 TL with tech, Total out of the door is $38, 087 and they are going to give a $500 gift card. So the final price will be $37587. Is it a good price? Appreciate your response.

$34,330.00
    Window Tint- $298
    Wheel locks and Body Side Moldings $369(you save $35)
    All season mats- $142
    Trunk Tray $121
    Splash Gaurds $227
    Taxes- $2,217.94
    Fees $382.98
    Total $38,087.62
  • mani4mani4 Posts: 4
    Just bought a 2013 TL with tech for OTD of 38600 (ttl included)with all season mats, cargo net and cargo mat from a NJ dealer. Just went with my number after all the research and was out of the dealership within 45 min. Went later in the day and picked the car. Let me know what you guys think about the deal.
    Hey I was able to get the 2012 tech for 35800 OTD with all season mats. Negotiate further . Let me ok now if you need further details.
    Sorry , I did not realized you were looking for advance package.
    Thanks for your response. We did bring home a new 2012 TL Red with Parchment interior for $36,000 OTD inclusive of all taxes, fees, window tint, all season mats, trunk tray and wheel locks. This is the best I was able to get. I'm not sure if did OK on the price or not. We actually have to go to Austin from Dallas to get this car, there are very few 2012 tl with techs left in Dallas area and they want almost 2013 prices. Thank you all for your input.
    U did great...I was also looking for 2012 tech but could not find the color, therefore had to go for 2013 model.
  • Vasug--- I'm currently negotiating to buy a new TL and am getting nowhere near your OTD of $36K. I'm at $38500 in total with none of the extras you got, but this is for a 2013, not 2012. Either way you got a great deal. Was your TL new car or used? Certified used? Please enlighten me, how did you get such a deal and all the extras, especially if a new car???
    Hi trkpls, the one we bought is brand new 2012 with tech, it has 70 miles on it before I test drove it. I didn't get any better quotes than what you got on 2013 and that is why we have to search for the dealer with 2012 models. Hope this helps. Please let me know if I can provide any additional details.
  • Hi everyone,

Are there are stories with monthly prices out there for 2013 2WD TL Techs???
  • I have been quoted 37,257(this includes detination fee of $895) from dealership on Acura TL 2WD ADV.
    Addtions are 299 proc fee, 3% sales tax, minus 750 military discount if financed through Acura at .90 5yrs, and 55.00 license.

Makes OTD price of $37,988

I think the dealer is about $1000 over their invoice for this vehicle that I am seeing on PEN FED. I beleive the true invoice for this vehicle is about 36,000
    What does the forum think of this OTD price? any one have a good invoice source for me to use?