Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• graphicguygraphicguy SW OhioPosts: 7,147
    There's conquest cash if you own a competing luxury brand (I think Caddy, BMW, Audi, Mercedes, Infiniti, Lexus) or if you're already an Acura customer.
    My sister is looking for another car (she has an uber fast Camaro that's none too practical).

She had always liked my TL. So, she asked me to take her to my old Acura dealer where I used to buy my TLs.

Had fun catching up (and needling) my old sales persion, who was very helpful.

Anyway, she picked out a '13 SH AWD Tech Advance to test drive.

I had forgotten how good these care really are. For grins, the sales person let me get back behind the wheel for a bit.

They are offering really good deals on these cars. And, they are really good cars, regardless of the measuring stick you use.

It's not as fast as my S4. But, it handles nearly as well. It has all the tech goodies. Great sports seats. And, I had also forgot how good the ELS stereo is.

Still amazes me how really good these cars really are for the money they charge.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,467
    So what's the graphicguy one offer, skinny deal price (before tax)?

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

Nyc....she's all over the map on what to buy. Personally, I think the TL is perfect for her. Plus, it's a personal favorite of mine. But, it's not my money.

If she decideson the TL, I'll "do my thing" and post the deal here.

BTW... congrats on the "new Honda". ;)
    Thanks graphicguy. I actually saw a white 2013 TL Advance tonight and it is sharp looking. As you always say, a fantastic car for the money.

I was trying to explain to my 6 1/2 year old how the lawn mower will pay for itself in 10 mows. That was a fun conversation.

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,014
    My Honda mower is 22 years old.. just took it in for the Spring tune-up. Mechanic says it will last 22 more years.. :)

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

17 year old Toro rider. Starting to burn as much oil as gas. Hate to put it out to pasture as it's served me well.

Went shopping for another rider today. While more feature rich, Toros of today aren't built nearly as well as my "old" one.
  • Yeah, it is strange and also a shame that Honda decided not to come out with 2 cycle, I was "forced" to get lawnboy brand... That lasted me for about 16 years until an accident where the shaft was bent. Ah, how I still like the 2 cycle mowers...
    Thanks for the vote of confidence

flounder.... i miss those old 2 strokes, too.

Not a lot of difference in the low end riding mowers. Guess I'll close my eyes and pick one.

My sister seems to be leaning closer to a TL. MSRP is $46K and change. I know there's $2K of dealer trunk money on the car. Unfortunately, she doesn't drive a competing brand, and doesn't qualify for the $1,500 conquest cash. Still, I'm thinking it can be had for somewhere in the $42K range.

All she has to do is make up her mind.
  • asolomiasolomi Posts: 4
    First, thnx to Edmunds and the posters who've previously shared their TL buying experiences.

TL AWD with Tech package, includes dest'n charge, MSRP $44,080
    Dealer add ons (Vin etching, tinting, wheel lug locks, All weather mats) $399

Discounts, total, $2,735 to get down to invoice
    Acura cash to dealer, $1,500
    Conquest rebate (applied as a down payment) $1,500

Ignoring the slight negative tax impact of applying the conquest rebate as a down payment (after the trade in), total discounts = $5,735

Trade in on my 2009 Infiniti G37 was right on the money (higher than black book trade in, right on with Kelly blue book & Edmunds when tax impact considered). Balance financed at .9%.

All in all I couldn't be happier with the deal (probably left a few hundred on the table vis a vis a "max" deal but getting it for close to $3k under invoice is good in my book). More importantly, wife is happy! One of the most pleasant negotiations in my 40+ years of buying cars.
    Aslomi....you got a great deal on a great car. Congrats!
  • navin1navin1 Posts: 6
    I am from Austin, TX. Please post dealer's & Sales person name?
    Thank you.
  • cookprcookpr Posts: 6
    You can do a lot better on that TL. I have two quotes for 2013 TLAdvance Awd at $38,200 + fees/taxes. I am a current acura owner...but seems $7-$8k off is not hard to get.

This is Chicago market.
  • bxteachbxteach Posts: 16
    Strongly considering a 2013 Accord. All ready to buy.

I have seen several dealers with 12's left over.

How much can I expect to pay for a base or one with tech package?
  • Looking at a 2013 TL tech in PA. Dealer quoted 34995. I am a currently Acura owner. Is this a fair price or can i get them lower?
    Thanks for any input.
  • e53drivere53driver Posts: 1
    Hey Golions, my sister is also looking into leasing a 2013 TL with tech and she is getting quoted for 34095 with the lease cash and loyalty with a NY dealer.
  • phatjay27phatjay27 Posts: 2
    What dealer in Chicago market? I'm looking for best price 2013 TL Tech.
  • paul_smithpaul_smith Posts: 1
    I am currently in Washington DC area, but will be driving to Mobile AL at the end of June - anyone know of a dealer either in my current area, or on the road with phenomenal prices?
  • Radley in VA or Rosenthal in MD had prices that were significantly cheaper than I could get my local dealers in suburban Phila to give me. I ended up getting a price match locally. Paid 33,600 (after the 1500 loyalty bonus) for a 2013 TL with Tech. Rosenthal quoted 32780 + 895 destination + 195 documentation fee) so basically 33,870. After I purchased my car locally, Rosenthal contacted me again, offering to waive the 895 destination, thereby making the car under 33k.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,850
    A reporter would like to speak to a car buyer who refused to buy a vehicle because premium fuel was required/recommended by the manufacturer. If you did not purchase a car after discovering premium fuel was required/recommended, and instead purchased a car that requires regular fuel, send your daytime contact information to pr@edmunds.com by Friday, June 14, 2013 at 10 a.m. PT/1 p.m. ET.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• wiseolemanwiseoleman Posts: 23
    my 2012 TL is my 4th Acura and I use regular gas with no problems
  • Hi there.... do you remember the name of the sales person you dealt with @ Rosenthal and Radley?
  • tlladytllady Posts: 4
    Any ideas if $38,000 is a deal on a AWD w tech package? I am looking to see if I can get the loyalty cash on this price. It seems like it is a decent price to me. I am just making sure am not leaving out any incentives or dealer cash on the table. I wasn't in the market for the AWD but I test drove it today and it took everything I had not to drive it home :)
  • I went through Pen Fed and I have a price Quote for a Base Acura tL for $31000 OTD.

What do you guys think. Should I pull the trigger.

Any help is greatly appreciated..
  • mrminsky1mrminsky1 Posts: 23
    What do you mean by out the door? Is the $31K plus taxes, title, etc.? What is the actual price of the car?
    There was a $1,500 conquest cash (if you drive an Audi, Caddy, BMW, Lexus, Jag, Infiniti, etc) on the car. They extended that $1,500 if you already have an Acura, too (not combineable).

My sister just bought a '13 TL SH AWD Tech Advance (I think the MSRP was north of $46K). IIRC, she bought it for right around $40K (but she owns a Jag).

That was about 5 months ago, though. I think they also had a $2K dealer incentive at the time, too.

Not sure how much of that is still valid now. Try truecar.com or Edmunds TMV here to see if they list the incentives.
  • tlladytllady Posts: 4
    Thanks, I went for it. Edmunds shows a TMV of around $39,500. I got it for $38 less $1,500 loyalty cash. I think I did ok. I have to say, a little disappointed in the interior. They cheaped out on the navigation, carpet, mat, door handles, overhead lights, etc. the leather is nice, performance is good, but I would have hoped they wouldn't downgrade other areas :( My attraction to an Acura is the luxury/performance/price combo. They are slipping on the luxury IMO.
  • Its $31K (All Inclusive of TTL + Dealer Processing Fees)

Price Of the Car is $28,500 with no destination fees
  • I'd like to buy a TL next weekend. I prefer the tech package, but this is what I've narrowed it down to by emailing local dealerships:

Base TL $30,500 (includes destination only)
    TL w/ tech $33,700 (includes destination)

Note: I qualify for the $1500 off since I previously owned a 2008 TL. Prices above include that discount.

How much lower can I get for the TL w/ tech? I think the tech package is a rip off, it's just that I want the rearview camera.

Your input and help is appreciated. I live in SF and willing to travel a 60 miles radius.