Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• lewplewp Posts: 7
    Yes, that $28,800 figure ($31,100 w/Nav) is very good. The key is the fees, etc. The lowest quote I've gotten is $28,923, but with fees, etc., it came to $31,111 out the door. A quote of $29,057 got me out-the-door at $30,700, which is my best price so far. That's for a Base '08 TL, no Nav.

I'm wondering if I really need to be closing on that offer on Monday. It appears, from what I'm reading here, that the $2K incentive expires end-of-year (or maybe 1/2). But won't the deals get even better once the '09 is announced and/or available?
  • Best deals will happen in March/ April. By Feb we should know what the next TSX or TL should look like. One of them will be released by April. Summer gets best deals, as few months after [Aug/Sept] makes way for 2009.
  • Yesterday, I purchased a 2008 TL (Base w/o Navigation) for $28,995 before tax, licence and registration. I also get the 2.9% 36 months financing rate. There was no negotiation as it was a costco member price. The only dealer added fees was the $55 documentation fees which is reasonable.

The whole purchase process took 3 hours including detailing of the car. I purchased the car from Steven Creeks Acura in San Jose. A very painless process.
  • I found a 2007 TL with 10K miles at a dealership in Pittsburgh. They gave me their 'best' price of $31,000 which includes 6% tax. Does this sound reasonable? NO nav, just the basic TL. Loved the car, but I thought they could have done a little better with that much mileage.
  • lewplewp Posts: 7
    Costco member price is $29,995? I didn't think Costco prices were nearly that good.
  • The prices did not include the destination fee of $715 so prices are as follows:

2008 TK w/o Nav: $29,515

2008 TL w/ Nav: $31,815

Doc fee: $298
    Tags/title: $355
  • Costco price is actually $28,995. Basically invoice minus the $2k incentives.
  • I have had my new CBP TL-S with 6M for just over a week now and I am totally in love with it. My old car is a 1998 Maxima 5M and on my daily driving routine (of about 13 miles freeway and 10 miles side streets), I have been averaging 22 mpg. Possibly because I tend to accelerate hard and partly because I typically cruise at 77-80 mph on the interstate (depending on traffic). On my first tank with the TL-S (including 20 minutes idling at the dealer), I averaged about 24 MPG and so far on the second tank my average is between 25-26.

That's pretty damn impressive considering the bigger engine, 450 lbs extra weight and an engine with just over 300 miles on it. My friend has a 06 TL 6M and gets 22 ave, and I am much more aggressive than he is. Mileage is one factor I used to decide against the G35S. I also find it annoying that a car like that with a big V-6 and a 6M would be turning over 3000 rpm at 80 MPH. I guess that is where the mileage is going. My Maxima runs about 3300 rpm at 80, not very relaxing. The TL just cruises along almost napping at those speeds. Granted the acceleration is not that sharp in 6th gear, but that is what 5th is for. :surprise: If anyone is still trying to decide on a TL/TL-S, I would do it again and again, it's simply the best combo of luxury, sport and practicality, period.
  • wow. great price. I thought you can't combine 2k discount with the 2.9% financing (at least that what they told me over the phone).
  • nringnring Posts: 85
    precesion in princeton..ask for internet sales manager...michael thomas...great guy..no pressure and no hassel...tell him noah ring sent you and you want same deal...
  • jj84jj84 Posts: 5
    TL Type MSRP Invoice Internet Price*
    Base Model 34,440 31,695 28,995
    Navigation Model 36,940 34,095 31,300
    Type S 38,940 35,256 33,500
    Type S HPT 39,140 35,458 33,600
    * These prices INCLUDE destination but EXCLUDE TTL. Acura special rates are 2.9% for 36 months or 4.9% for 60 months for well qualified buyers. These prices ARE ONLY GOOD THROUGH DAVID LEACHMAN IN THE INTERNET DEPARTMENT. NO ADJUSTMENTS WILL BE MADE IF YOU DO NOT GO THROUGH THE INTERNET DEPARTMENT. Prices are to be gone January 1, 2008. You must purchase before close of business December 31, 2007 to take advantage of these offers
  • Changw1,

Did that price include the protection package (wheel locks, trunk tray and splash guards)?

Thanks.
  • Thanks everyone for the information.

Pulled the trigger on a 08 TL w/Navi yesterday at Mongomeryville Acura in PA.

Price was 31,800, plus tax and $140 in registration/title fees, nothing else. Great experience, no BS, very professional.

This was after Elite Acura in Maple Shade, backed out of their offer to buy my trade in after I agreed to their price (will say the salesman was "aghast" and very apologetic, but the manager was totally unprofessional, and I will never go back there due to him). Totally worth the drive out to Mongomeryville.
  • Just the wheel locks is free. Trunk tray I had to purchase separately but they gave me an employee discount which came to $94.
  • parvizparviz Posts: 484
    These are for 07 models, right?
  • jj84jj84 Posts: 5
    No that's 08 models. I really need 1 but my credit not qualified.
  • Hi Parviz, I got my information from Calvin Moore at www.acurasearch.com I paid $33,283 before TTL. Hope that helps. :shades:
  • parvizparviz Posts: 484
    Hi Mary, thanks. I read your post. I just was surprised with the other post's low cost of $31,300 including dest. for a 2008 Navi model. Hope you are enjoying your car.
  • wow that is good price i went to the same dealership in san jose n they gave me a price of 29,995 for 08TL w/o NAVI,
    that is 32823 OTD but i got them to 32400 OTD i guess i.e. 29495 w/o taxes,with 2.9 APR,i went on the 29th too,
    changw1 if u can help me can you email me the quote or the info of the salesman , and one more question do u have to be a costco member for a while to get this discount or shud i just go and sign up for coscto and get this price .
    please help me i ll thanksful to u.
    my email is jsdoad@yahoo.com
    thanks man
  • 23109vc23109vc Posts: 218
    given the current incentives on the TL... i'm specifically looking at the TL-S, what other cars are in the same price range, with similar or better performance for the SAME price?

IS350 is faster, 335 is faster - but both are substantially more $$ especially if you equip them similarly to a TL-S.

i know there are people here who say they went with the G35 G37,b ut I am looking for a sedan, not a coupe, and I think the G sedans are fugly.

so for a sedan - that I can buy or lease as cheap as aTL-S... WHAT ELSE IS THERE TO CONSIDER???

i don't think there is anything that comes close. or am i missing something obvious???