Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• dreddietdreddiet Posts: 4
    msrp 39500
    selling price 33500
    Cash due at signing 1039 (1st month, reg, fees)
    436 + tax month = 470 in so cal
    36months
    10k year
    shopped around for about 1 week. all the dealers in so cal were pretty much willing to do the deal.
  • joe767joe767 Posts: 10
    I got my TL SH-AWD w/ Tech on July 2, 2009. I got the red pearl/Ebony interior. I'm loving this car way too much. I dream about it when I'm not in the car. I usually do about 75% highway and the rest in town. I'm finally learning and adjusting my driving and getting 19/26mpg's highway. The ebony interior for me is great, nice white stitching and it doesn't show too much dirt. Tech stuff was overwhelming in the beginning but I'm finally getting use to all the nice stuff.
    MSRP 43008
    purchase 37880
    After extended warranty to 100K, prepaid maintenance plan and tire/wheel warranty I put down 10K and financed 34K at 3.9% for 4 yrs. Lehigh Valley Acura.

Good Luck
  • prchohanprchohan Posts: 7
    Thanks guys. I am going to the dealership again today. Hopefully Parchment should be good. I really don't want to get Ebony unless everyone tells me Parchment really gets dirty quick.
  • billyperks2billyperks2 Posts: 378
    The AWD does not come in Parchment only Ebony, Umber and Taupe. Personally, I think the Taupe is way too light and that could spell disaster for someone with small children.
  • robertw477robertw477 Posts: 179
    How did you adjust your driving? You mean to get better mileage?

Rob
  • ChasboyChasboy Posts: 186
    The taupe is not as dirt prone as parchment. I've had a variety of interior colors and parchment/tan gets dirty the fastest and the worst. Taupe/grey, for whatever reason does not show dirt as easily as tan. Even the ES350 demo we drove in tan was already scuffed.
    I have had the Parchment in my 1999 Mazda Millennia and my 2003 TLS with zero problems.I am not knocking the Taupe but there is a Demo on the Dealers Lot for sale right now and it looks pretty beat up.I have two small children and I let them know that there is no eating in Daddy's car.
  • mikemartinmikemartin Posts: 205
    TTAC article on TL inventory (this is a very bad seller for Acura, with an equally bad review from TTAC):

Docherty’s comparison to the Acura TL is, shall we say, invidious. The TL is a dog, with a 100-day supply on the ground.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/gm-plans-to-over-supply-new-buick-lacrosse/

Review of TL (one out of five stars):

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/review-2009-acura-tl-sh-awd/
  • 10sfan10sfan Posts: 136
    I agree that the taupe is easier to keep clean. Am also comparing the TL to the ES 350, to replace an old RL. Want to consider the TSX for mileage purposes but lease prices went up substantially in the past two weeks and the ride is very stiff. Sound like your leaning toward the TL?
    This means nothing to me more than some bald headed writer sipping his coffee(caffenated) trying to make a name for himself.
    I can tell you this. There are a number of dealers in South Fla (Acura) and I had very negative experiences with most. I was finished until I talked to a salesman who really made the deal happen. One dealer called me today. They never called me back with a price and when I finally got somebody on the phone this dealer told me they do cap cost leases only. Story changed today when they called me back.

Rob
  • jpdisarrojpdisarro Posts: 33
    I would never take anything written on TTAC seriously.
  • ChasboyChasboy Posts: 186
    Neither would I.
  • alex_dvalex_dv Posts: 6
    Dealer in Ramsey, NJ offered me 33900 for
    TL with Tech ( MSRP 39450) financing 2.9% for 2 years.

Is it a good deal?

Did anyone recently buy TL in NYC ?
  • joeadmjoeadm Posts: 2
    I live in Long Island, NY and was offered 33816 at a local dealership for a 09 TL tech.
    I guess you could get 33-33.5 K with some hard negotiating.

So overall I would say it is pretty close to a good deal. Plus the tax in NJ is 7% I guess compared to 8.3% in NY.
  • rowdy141rowdy141 Posts: 2
    In the market for second car and would like some feedback. Test drove bmw 3 and 5 series as well as Infinity G and M's. Then tried the Acura TL SHw/ tech. Loved the car... dealer quoted me :
    MSRP 42,995
    SALE PRICE 38,571
    2300 DOWN PAYMENT CAP COST PLUS BANK FEE AND TAXES.
    LEASE DEAL WAS $539 MNTH/ 36 MNTHS 10K YEAR

Compared to Bmw 5 series lease was in low 600's with much higher sticker, Tl doesn't sound like a good lease deal. Maybe better to buy... Appreciate feedback
  • seifseif Posts: 38
    this past weekend i got offer for base model TL at $428/month. 36/10k with $2100 out of pocket (NJ tax). hope that helps.
    You have to compare apples to apples, the BImmer that leases in the low sixes is probably the base 528I.If you stepped it up to a 535XI fully loaded that is more in line with the TL Tech AWD you are looking at a $800 plus lease.So the monthly on the TL Tech AWD is not that bad compared to the Bimmer option for option.
    I just got 09 TL with TECH 376.00 a Month plus sales TAX. ZERO CAP COST.

You dont say what your cap cost was and what the taxes were. Forget cap costs. That lease is pretty high IMHO

Rob
    You can do better than that on a base model with 10K miles a yea.r Keep workign. remember the new models are out in about 6 weeks. Prices should drop on base 09 models.

Rob