Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,390
    Cool - maybe you can post some of your driving impressions in Entry Level Luxury Performance Sedans

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

• After searching the 6 closest states (without success) for a reamining 2010 SH-AWD w/ Tech in Black/Umber, I decided to lay out a few extra bucks for a 2011 in my color preference. Paid $38,103 plus tax, tags & dealer's $95 proc fee. Sticker was $43,445.

Could have saved another $2500 or so by choosing another color combination ... but I was set on black w/ umber interior for my TL SH-AWD w/ Tech. In the end, it was worth it to me.
  • ChasboyChasboy Posts: 186
    That's all it should come down to h8. Hopefully you will be keeping the car for a long time and the difference will be negligible. I went the opposite with my new 2010 Xterra, no change in the truck for 2011, and 2250 rebate. ;)
  • Finally found a white/taupe combo out of state. Having it shipped in next week. This thing is loaded, including the white chrome package. Sticker was $44,195, paying $38,300.
  • abokhariabokhari Posts: 7
    edited November 2010
    Bought 2010 TL SH AWD Base for $31544+$860 dest.+tax, title, and $95 doc fee at 0.9% APR for 60 months. MSRP was $38655+$860.
    For the first time in my life I bought extended warranty (7yr/100000m) because I drive 14-15K miles a year and am planning on keeping the car for about 5 years. I paid additional $1650 for the warranty. I was thinking that who would want to buy this car from me with expired factory warranty, 70K miles, and so much electronic stuff.

Any comments on the price?

Also I would highly appreciate any comments on the price of the extended warranty, and recommendations whether or not to keep it. I have 60 days to cancel.
  • lji1lji1 Posts: 15
    I would suggest you cancel the warranty as $1650 is too much. If you contact Bob Leab @ Hyannis Honda, he'll sell you the same warranty for around $1000 or Juliana @ Bernandi Acura for $1045. Good luck!
  • A 2010 SH-AWD w/ Tech for $36,000 even. Don't know if this helps anyone.
    save yourself the $1650 - you bought an Acura.

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

• m6userm6user Posts: 2,948
    Yeah, put the $1650 in a CD or something and in 5 yrs when you're ready to sell.....price your car similar to equivalent TLs and offer a $1500 rebate to the buyer. You should be able to sell it lickety split. If something does go wrong in the last half of year 4 or in year 5, you can take the money you would have spent on the warranty and pay for it. IMO about a 95% chance you'll come out way ahead.
  • ihdihdihdihd Posts: 3
    edited November 2010
    Just picked up a 2010 TL with tech and SHAWD for 36k plus state tax and DMV fee. Doc fee was included. They tried to milk the trade and I probably lost 1k on it, but I didn't want to deal with the hassle of multiple Acura dealers or a private sale

Thanks to all that posted prices. It helped a lot when the dealer laughed at my price offer.
  • What dealership in MA? This could be very helpful, especially this weekend.
  • brianphxbrianphx Posts: 1
    edited November 2010
    Great early thanksgiving day sales in Phoenix. Certified preowned white awd+tech, 2009, 12k miles in Tempe for 35k (4k less than it was listed on Acura website). I passed on it because my wife doesn't need the extra power... Only a few preowned still in stock but 3- 4k off the pre-owned web prices across the board.

What I wanted was a preowned, low mileage+tech. Tempe didn't have one, but I found one at Bell Acura. Website listed at ~34k with 18" wheels+tech 2010 w/15k miles. I traded in a 2000TL with 130k miles and was out the door at 32k(including 9% sales tax). I think it was a smoking deal and I'm really happy. Picking it up Friday.

Grigio Metallic exterior
    Taupe interior
    Nitrogen fill tires
    Door edge guards installed
    Wheel locks installed

fyi, Tempe did offer me the new base model w/tech for 36.5k out the door with my trade in... so I saved 4.5k, gained 18"wheels for 15k miles on the vehicle
  • jph57jph57 Posts: 1
    Just purchased a new 2010 PMM TL SH-AWD w/Tech Auto last night from Pohanka in Chantilly. $35,200, including freight charge, I also had the $399 processing fee - which I hear is impossible to get rid of. I financed through Honda Fianance with the .9% - cheap money, can't beat it.

Very smooth transaction with Pohanka - I highly recommend them.

So far, in the 24 miles on the odometer it seems to be a great car. Looking forward to driving it more and learning how to use all the gadgets.
  • hello all,

i got an offer for a 2010 acura TL AWD with tech for 35000K . The dealership is located in another state without sales tax, oregon. I live in seattle. I want to know what sort of steps i can take, i.e. docs from dealership, voicemail confirmation, etc.. to make sure that they won't do a switch a roo (spelling?) on me once i get to the dealership. It is about 400 miles away, and i don't want to go there for nothing. what i have currently is all communications in writing through emails. any thoughts? also , would it be better to buy the car and take back to WA to pay taxes or have the dealership collect the tax from me and they send it to the WA DMV ? thanks for any info.
    You are definitely taking a risk buying a car 400 miles away from where you live. Are there no Acura dealers closer to you? How much more is a comparable 2011?

You will have to pay tax on the car according to the state and county you live in. For example, I live in Southwestern Connecticut. If I were to buy a car in New York or New Jersey, I would still have to pay the 6% sales tax (In my case, NY & NJ have higher tax rates). If it were only that easy, many people would flock to states to buy cars and not pay tax.

• tl2010tl2010 Posts: 6
    edited December 2010
    I just recently purchased a 2010 acura tl grigeo with ebony interior. The asking price was 35,915 but with the 5000 dollar off rebate acura is giving now brought the price to 30,915. You need to also ask for the dealer to manufactor discount also, which is $1,250. You don't need to pay for the destination fee of $860 because they didn't just bring your car to the dealership (each truck brings 6-8 cars.)THe wheel locks, trunk tray, and splash guards came with my vehicle. I added a spoiler and body side molding. If you are purchasing this vehicle you should be able to pay 31,500 for everything out the door.
  • Hi,

First of all congratulations for your new car. Can you tell me where you got your new car from for $31500 OTD. That's really a good price.
  • Sure,

I purchased my vehicle in North Carolina. Any of the North Carolina dealerships would match that price with each other. The Fayetteville, Cary, Greensboro, and Chapel Hill dealerships all are located close to each other and they will match/beat anyones price. These dealerships really want to sale a car. The most helpful and friendliest dealership was Fayetteville, NC.