Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Acura TL Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,810
    A reporter would like to speak to a car buyer who refused to buy a vehicle because premium fuel was required/recommended by the manufacturer. If you did not purchase a car after discovering premium fuel was required/recommended, and instead purchased a car that requires regular fuel, send your daytime contact information to pr@edmunds.com by Friday, June 14, 2013 at 10 a.m. PT/1 p.m. ET.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• wiseolemanwiseoleman Posts: 23
    my 2012 TL is my 4th Acura and I use regular gas with no problems
  • Hi there.... do you remember the name of the sales person you dealt with @ Rosenthal and Radley?
  • tlladytllady Posts: 4
    Any ideas if $38,000 is a deal on a AWD w tech package? I am looking to see if I can get the loyalty cash on this price. It seems like it is a decent price to me. I am just making sure am not leaving out any incentives or dealer cash on the table. I wasn't in the market for the AWD but I test drove it today and it took everything I had not to drive it home :)
  • I went through Pen Fed and I have a price Quote for a Base Acura tL for $31000 OTD.

What do you guys think. Should I pull the trigger.

Any help is greatly appreciated..
  • mrminsky1mrminsky1 Posts: 23
    What do you mean by out the door? Is the $31K plus taxes, title, etc.? What is the actual price of the car?
  • graphicguygraphicguy SW OhioPosts: 7,092
    There was a $1,500 conquest cash (if you drive an Audi, Caddy, BMW, Lexus, Jag, Infiniti, etc) on the car. They extended that $1,500 if you already have an Acura, too (not combineable).

My sister just bought a '13 TL SH AWD Tech Advance (I think the MSRP was north of $46K). IIRC, she bought it for right around $40K (but she owns a Jag).

That was about 5 months ago, though. I think they also had a $2K dealer incentive at the time, too.

Not sure how much of that is still valid now. Try truecar.com or Edmunds TMV here to see if they list the incentives.
  • tlladytllady Posts: 4
    Thanks, I went for it. Edmunds shows a TMV of around $39,500. I got it for $38 less $1,500 loyalty cash. I think I did ok. I have to say, a little disappointed in the interior. They cheaped out on the navigation, carpet, mat, door handles, overhead lights, etc. the leather is nice, performance is good, but I would have hoped they wouldn't downgrade other areas :( My attraction to an Acura is the luxury/performance/price combo. They are slipping on the luxury IMO.
  • Its $31K (All Inclusive of TTL + Dealer Processing Fees)

Price Of the Car is $28,500 with no destination fees
  • I'd like to buy a TL next weekend. I prefer the tech package, but this is what I've narrowed it down to by emailing local dealerships:

Base TL $30,500 (includes destination only)
    TL w/ tech $33,700 (includes destination)

Note: I qualify for the $1500 off since I previously owned a 2008 TL. Prices above include that discount.

How much lower can I get for the TL w/ tech? I think the tech package is a rip off, it's just that I want the rearview camera.

Your input and help is appreciated. I live in SF and willing to travel a 60 miles radius.
  • To follow up - bought my TL over the weekend. Base model.
    Paid $31,722 w/ destination. Dealership threw in 6 oil changes and we qualified for the $1500 Loyalty discount, so was about $30,222 before tax and license fees. We bought the car at Hendrick Acura in Concord CA.
  • Have a quote for $34,350 inclusive of $1,500 conquest cash plus 0.9% APR in the Shreveport Louisiana area. Is this a reasonable price? Lowest that I've got in Louisiana.
  • I have an initial offer of $37,995 + Tax, Title on a 2013 SH-AWD TL w/Tech just through initial email contact. How much lower do you think I can go (invoice is $41,345). I don't qualify for the loyalty or conquest (though I used to own an '06 TL). I was thinking of offering ~36,500 + Tax, Title.
  • golferman1golferman1 Posts: 7
    edited August 2013
    Purchased a Silver Moon 2013 SH-AWD Tech for $38,100 including destination over the weekend. I did not qualify for conquest or loyalty cash. This is in the northern suburbs of Chicago. Negotiated through e-mail with several dealers and then took that to my preferred dealer to match. I was only in the dealer for an hour filling out paperwork...painless purchase.
  • gpb59gpb59 Posts: 69
    a dealer has had this car with 15k miles on it for about 2 months, they've dropped the price several times and now down to 27,500. Based on what i've seen this price is close to trade in value. It had a couple of scratched rims, I drove it and may have sensed a little vibration on braking, does this look like a great deal, especially if I got it down another 1k?
  • Located in Florida. Best quote so far is $35,130 for a 2013 TL w/ tech package. Not including $1,500 loyalty cash as already own an MDX.

Am I leaving much on the table ?
  • Just wanted to let folks know I signed a lease of a 2013 TL SE for $331/month (36M/10K) OTD with nothing down except the first payment. I live in NoVa and qualified for the loyalty discount. I think I got a pretty sweet deal, judging from some of the posts, and the car looks great with the larger tires/rims. Let me know if you have any questions and would be happy to answer them!
  • Which dealer? Did they have any more se's?
  • Chevy Chase Acura and yes.
  • Picked up a tl sports edition today from radley Acura. 319 per month 12k/36months. All fees rolled in (ie only 36 payments of 319). Did qualify for loyalty.