Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2006 SRX, 52,000 miles. Are the coils and catalytic converter covered by warranty?

jrober11jrober11 Member Posts: 1
edited July 2015 in Cadillac
I took my car SRX 2006, to the dealer because of engine light, and a loud noise. My right signal light have been repaired four times, and it is out again. I was told that it must be electrical. I only have 52,000 miles on my car. The dealer told me that it was going to cost me aprox. $1600. to repair it. I asked the dealer if my warranty covered the repairs, they said no. I have already had the shocks repaired, and took it in for the recall. They told me that the coils will continue to go out and will need further repair soon. So I wanted to know if I have any alternatives to cover the original parts.

Answers

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Looks like the emissions warranty that would ordinarily cover the catalytic converters is 8/80. So you're over the time limit by about a year.

Try asking Caddy to chip in since you have such low miles. You never know....

The Secret Warranty