Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Accord vs Acura TSX

1272829303133»

Comments

• tallman1tallman1 Posts: 1,874
    Come-apart

Could you see thegrad's parents?.... "Oh look, dear, here's a leg and there's an arm over there. So far we've only found eight fingers though."
    :shades:
  • thegraduatethegraduate Posts: 9,731
    An "arm-and-a-leg" is a whole 'nother story!

:D
  • exfhp50exfhp50 Posts: 8
    So I drove both and chose the TSX and I absolutely love it. I've been averaging 29-30 mpg but know it'll do better.
  • bodble2bodble2 Posts: 4,519
    I take it you compared the TSX to a 4 cyl Accord? What, in your opinion, is the MAIN difference between the 2, or the key factor that tipped the scale in favour of the TSX?
  • gyushergyusher Posts: 67
    . I wonder how the heavier '09 TSX would fare against the Accord 4 cylinder?

I can't answer that but I can speak to the 4 cyl Accord.

I bought an 08 EX-L 4 cyl coupe 3 weeks ago now. With right at 1K on the clock I can tell you she doesn't even feel like the same car. Much more fun to drive now after she has 'loosened' up a bit.

She's starting to feel like a very nice smooth car. I think I would even call her agile and quick now. While not V-6 quick, quick just the same. Gone are the feelings of straining to get going.

If the 4 cyl almost has enough power just wait till she's broke in. Big change. . .
  • nj2pa2ncnj2pa2nc Posts: 813
    I own a 06 tsx with MT and nav, bought new 11/17/06. It has 57,500 miles. My mom has a 08 accord v-6, bought new 3/31/08. It has 3,200 miles. I drove it from her house in NJ to mine in NC and then back to NJ. It is a excellent car but not for me. I missed the steering wheel controls, the MID, bluetooth and the memory seats. Most of all I missed the manual transmission. I know the accord coupe has it but I prefer 4-doors.
  • bvdj84bvdj84 Posts: 1,704
    Yep, I totally agree with you on a car being broken- in, its almost like night and day difference.

But imagine driving a 2000 sunfire, 4cyl, it certainly was slow, you really had to push down on it to move, we cannot complain about ours, it feels like a race car compared to that, I drove my friends, and was suprised on how slow it really was, I could only imagine being on the interstate with luggage or people in the car, it could possibly struggle to stay with the rest. In fact, I think it really would.

So newer 4cyl, are so much more powerful, not all, but most are now.
This discussion has been closed.