Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Avalon Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Hello, I'm interested in obtaining a 36 month lease on the stated Avalon Lt. and wondering if anyone in the Atlanta area can share any info and/or experiences. I currently have a 06 Lexus ES that I lease and plan to either lease another ES (especially now that they're redesigned and alot faster) or the Avalon Lt. I also love that car but like in 06, Lexus is offering a much better lease. If I could get matching leases I think I'd try the Avalon this time. Thanks in advance for any advise you may have.
  • Looking for some recent out the door prices in the Raleigh, NC area. Thanks
  • Ceorace - what did you end up paying if you don't mind me asking. Thanks.
  • akinakin Posts: 24
    Has anyone leased or purchased a 2008 Avalon Limited in NJ? How was it configured and what did it cost you? I can buy or lease so I would be interested in finding out about both. Anywhere in NY City or NJ is within easy reach.

Thanks,
  • traindrivertraindriver Posts: 328
    I have not bought an Avalon and I know absolutely nothing about this dealer but you can check out his prices for a comparison to what you might be able to get in the Raleigh area. Might be worth a trip to Asheville....
    Jim Barkley Toyota

link title

When you search the inventory, their selling prices are listed for each vehicle in stock.
  • safari1safari1 Posts: 2
    Paid 25,250 for basic XL w/mats anti-theft + taxes etc
  • shrimpyshrimpy Posts: 5
    My mom just purchased a 08 Limited with Laser Cruise, Voice Nav, 6-disc, Power Passenger Seat, Package "D", Blizzard Paint, Floor mats and Trunk mat, Sunroof wind deflector, paint and interior package (????). Window $41,630, price $35,515.xx. Total out the door at Ron Carter in Alvin $38,000.00.

She actually walked in after having driven a couple over the last month and wanted an out the door price. They gave her $39,6xx OTD. She said $37,500 OTD. They said no way, so she walked out on friendly terms. This was at 2:30 to 3:00 o'clock. They called her back at 7:00 the same evening said $38.000.00 OTD and it's yours. She picked it up the next morning. This was a half cash, half 0% 36 month deal. Not to bad based on this forum.
  • vegas9vegas9 Posts: 1
    I just wanted to add my experience. I used the internet quotes from Edmunds to see what prices I could get on a 2008 Limited with Dynamic Laser Cruise, Power seat for passenger, VSC, floor and trunk mats, XM satellite (factory installed) from Vegas dealerships - My experience was interesteing becuase some of the dealerships that Edmunds sent me to actually came back to me with a price higher than the TMV by Edmunds. That made no sense to me whatsoever. I truly think Edmunds should kick those dealerships off of its site for that nonsense. Anyway, after a few phone emails and a couple calls I got what I wanted - in the color I wanted - for $33,185.00 -- MSRP was $37,273.00. the dealer tacked on a few nonsense Doc Fees that I had to negotiate down. It is unfortunate that I stumbled on this site after I bought my car - but I still feel pretty good about my purchase.
  • amauhryamauhry Posts: 55
    I purchased an '08 Limited including standard equipment plus
    Fifty state Emissions
    Navigation system
    8-way adj. power front passenger seat
    Stability control (VSC), traction control & Brake Assist
    Carpet floor mats/trunk mats plus full tank of gas
    Mud guards

MSRP was 38,224 for all of the above. Price paid for this tough, aggresive negotiator? $37,854 including tax, tips to sale guy and my thanks.

Oh, one month after purchased I complained to Toyota about a quirk on the Navigation map software (Version 6.1). They told me to buy the software DVD and submitt the invoice to them for reimbursement ($967.78 for one single DVD). I got that check in the mail too.
  • amauhryamauhry Posts: 55
    Oh, I forgot to mention that I've got the color that I wanted (exterior & interior).

Can't ask more than that.
  • tamone1tamone1 Posts: 5
    Just bought a Cassis Pearl (Burgundy color) 2008 XLS with following options: Power and heated driver/passenger seats, JBL sound system, VSB, floor and cargo mats, wheel locks. The MSRP was $34,331 and I bought it for $29,500 +TTL making total price $31,596. What a comfortable ride for my 100 mile daily commute.
  • rpfingstenrpfingsten Posts: 154
    tamone1

Congrats on the new Avy.. that's a pretty color on that car too, I have an 07XLS and when I was in the market, there were three colors that caught my eye, the blizzard pearl, cassis pearl and Indigo Ink ( dark blue ) It really came down to 2, the cassis pearl or the indigo ink and I chose the blue.. But it was a hard decision for me.. I've always kind of thought of that cassis pearl as almost a deep burgandy color... really looks good on that body style. Hope you enjoy your avy as much as we enjoy ours.

Roland
  • tjc78tjc78 JerseyPosts: 5,025
    That looks like about $500 under invoice. Nice deal!

1999 Chevy S10 / 2004 Merc Grand Marquis / 2012 Buick LaCrosse

• edmund2460edmund2460 Posts: 293
    You'll have to do every service they recommend including 'engine clean', in other words unnecessary things to qualify.
  • smiles33smiles33 Posts: 5
    I emailed every dealership within 100 miles and negotiated a 2008 Avalon XL down to $25,405.00. This is for my retired parents. However, I couldn't go into the dealership with them because of my 2 year old's bedtime, so my parents ended up succumbing to the Finance Mgr's hard-sell and bought a $1800 extended warranty and $1300 service package. I even EXPLICITLY told them not to buy anything extra, but they told me, "Oh, now we don't have to worry about anything for 7 years and the Finance Manager said we don't have to pay tax on it." ARGH!

I'm LIVID. I called my internet sales guy and left a message, then emailed him explaining my frustration w/the Finance Manager's hard sell and asking him to help me cancel it, and also plan to go down there today after work (with my kid in tow) to get them to cancel the plan. I also asked for a faxed copy of the contract to see exactly what our cancellation options are. I am kicking myself for letting them go alone. I should have just kept my kid up late one night, I guess.

Just wanted to post to warn others. If you negotiate on behalf of someone else, don't let them go alone! I feel like I led some lambs to slaughter. My poor trusting parents!
  • finfin atlantaPosts: 589
    Your experience is not uncommon at some dealerships. But the extended warranty is not all bad if they plan on keeping the car for many years. What is bad is the price. You can buy the warranty from any dealership. Search for Toyota of Greenfield... probably half price if you still want the product. Good luck, great cars.. on my third! :)
  • smiles33smiles33 Posts: 5
    Thanks, fin. I know extended warranties make sense for them as they know nothing about cars (nor do I) and do drive their cars into the ground. Their current car is a 91 Mercedes!

I already got a message from Troy at Greenfield for $695 for 7 yr/75K/$0 deductible warranty extension and the pre-paid premium service 4 year/55K mile "coupons" for $875.

I did a search and didn't find much data on the pre-paid service. My mom wants the "peace of mind" of knowing prices won't increase on her. Is this worth it?
    Glad you found a warranty extension at a reasonable price. The dealership name shows up frequently on this board just for that reason. There are others but Greenfield is as low as any so far as I know. Never bought one really as we trade every 4 years at about 90k miles.. never had a problem that would make it worthwhile. But past 4 years, you begin to ask for problems, especially with the electronics and it can get expensive. Good decision.

The prepaid things, I don't know about. But around here (GA), 11 oil and filter changes is $330. The air filter is $30. more. Add a cabin filter for $25. Transmission fluid change at $100. And all of this happens in 55k miles. Add in an alignment or two, if it's in the package, and you can almost hit the $800. mark. Study the included items carefully, then decide. Other members may have experience with this. Again, good luck with a quality car... :)
  • riley3riley3 Twin Cities MNPosts: 27
    I just purchased a 7yr/75000 mile Platinum Toyota Warranty for my '05 Avalon Ltd for $645 as it nears its 3 yr birthday. Bought it from Neill Hull at Molle Toyota in Kansas City, MO. I normally do not buy extended warranties but this gives me 4 extra yrs (or 50,000 miles in my case) coverage. Main concern is electronics like the navigation. Neil makes the transaction simple and easy, no pressure.
  • 35divg235divg2 Posts: 15
    FYI: The lowest quote so far in Missouri for a 2008 Avalon Limited w/o the navigation system. Here are the specs:

$32,200

2008 Toyota Avalon Limited
    Metallic Gray or Desert Sand Mica
    3.5-Liter V6, Limited, 6-Speed Automatic
    Option A
    50 state emissions
    8-way power passenger seat with power lumbar support
    Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) [12] with Traction
    Control (TRAC) and Brake Assist [13] [VS]
    Body side molding (BM)
    Wheel locks (alloy) (WL)
    Mudguards (DI02)

Does anyone know if the Costco program offers good pricing? I negotiated this by e-mailing several dealers.
  • pk256pk256 Posts: 1
    Simi Valley, California. 2008 Avalon Limited with Dynamic Laser Cruise Control, Nav, Blizzard Pearl, Power Passenger Seat, VSC, TRAC, Carpet Mats, Remote Engine Starter - sticker 39,573 - paid 34,102. They initially offered 6,000 for my 2004 Camry XLE with 78,000 miles trade but ended up with 8,500. Negotiated hard, headed for the door several times. Was at the dealer for 5 hours! I felt like I got a great deal in the end. Salesman told me they only sell maybe 1 Avalon Limited a month.
  • I am looking to purchase a Toyota Limited in southeastern MA. Has anyone purchased one recently in MA and if so, from what dealerships? Although I do not want navigation control, I do desire most of the other options. Would you please relate your experiences and what you paid for your options and the car itself?
  • I am looking to purchase a Toyota Limited in southeastern MA. Has anyone purchased one recently in MA and if so, from what dealerships? Although I do not want navigation control, I do desire most of the other options. Would you please relate your experiences and what you paid for your options and the car itself?
  • 35divg235divg2 Posts: 15
    I spec'd out an '08 Avalon Limited loaded except the navigation system, in the Kansas City area for about $32,200. I haven't bought it yet because I don't return from my overseas deployment until later this month. All of the KC dealers made offers ranging from $33,500 to MSRP. Same with St Louis dealers. I found a dealer in St Joseph MO, 50 miles north of KC that quoted the $32,200. When I go to make the deal, I'm going to try and get it below $32K or have about $500 worth of extras thrown in. My goal is $31,500 out the door. I figure I have the advantage because these cars are not selling. Also, I plan to try the Costco sales club car pricing service, too.
  • cmms1cmms1 Posts: 14
    I'm looking to purchase a 2008 Toyota Avalon-Limited. Can the buyers in the Dallas-Forth Worth area share your purchasing experiences and prices?
  • I wish to purchase an extended warranty for my 2005 Avalon XLS Sedan which has 31,200 miles on it. I live in So. California and have found dealer prices around $1800---want to do better than that. Any suggestions? Willie
    This is an often discussed question in the Avalon forums. You may buy from any Toyota dealer. Use the search box (search on extended or warranty) to find a lot of choices in the various discussions or take a more simple route and call Toyota of Greenfield in MA. Their number is on their website along with a contact name. They sell a lot of warranties and price is the reason. Under $1k is likely. There are others certainly, but this is good place to shop based on many posts on these boards. Good luck. Enjoy your Avy. :)
  • jackyjacky Posts: 2
    Please tell us which dealer you bought it from. Thanks
  • safari1safari1 Posts: 2
    Roseville Toyota tried Folsom, sales mgr. Rhag, told me if I could get this price buy it! Called back after sale and said he'd match, told him I didn't work that way. Roseville seems to be more straight
  • mikes.mikes. Posts: 335
    An area dealer has an 08 Limited fully loaded that was the GM's demo car. It has about 6,800 miles on it. But still considered new since it's never been registered.

MSRP on the car is 34,814. They are offering it to me for 33,100.

Does this sound like a good deal to you all?

Another dealer is offering the same exactly equipped car, different vin, for 33,778.