Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Avalon Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• danhoustondanhouston Posts: 20
    edited September 2010
    does anyone know what/how much the factory to dealer incentive is for 2011 avalons? or how to obtain that info.? i'd like to purchase and get a better estimate of the dealer's actual cost. currently, there's no incentives/rebates offered to customers.

if none, i can still wait until the end of the yr., when it's hopeful that toyota may offer some cash rebate or 0% or low apr, etc.

thanks in advance.
  • donb1donb1 Posts: 49
    Reading the automotive trades it looks like Toyota is building and selling a lot of Avalons. I would be surprised if they offered any major incentives for a bit. Maybe by year end if things slow down. I picked up a Blizzard Pearl Limited and traded in a 2005 XLS with 77K miles TTOD was $23673 with the ugly floormats.
  • donb1,

Could you give some sales numbers for Avalon, say year to date vs. last year to date?

Also, do you know any place on the web where such numbers are available without a subscription?

Thanks.
  • I am looking to buy a limited with:
    NAV
    5-piece carpet mats

I am in Maryland and looking to find out what others have been able to get the car for recently.

Thanks
  • robsisrobsis Posts: 160
    I used a combo of edmunds pricing and truecar.com before I went to the dealership. You put in your zip and get local pricing. I printed them out and walked in with them. Got a slam dunk price thanks to the printouts. (Also had the used car printouts for my trade and got the edmunds trade-in price).

Good luck in your search. You will love the '11 Avy! :D
  • Robsis:
    Do you mind sharing what model and extras you got along with the price?
  • robsisrobsis Posts: 160
    davidwilp,

We got an '11 Blizzard Pearl Ltd w/tan interior wNAV and floormats. Dealer added tinting, trunk net, clear paint guard on doors and handles, and nitrogen. Price paid, after trade of 09 Subaru Legacy, was $15k +TTL. We got $17K for trade, so technically, it was $32K +TTL. We had been promised $18K for the trade and $33K +TTL on the vehicle; however, they wrote the paperwork up the other way. Either way, I was happy with the final number of $15K +TTL after the trade...I didn't care how they got to it.

Dealer had three identical Ltds on their lot. The one we bought had more miles on it than the others; however, it also had Michelins versus the others, which had Bridgestones. I felt the Michelins rode better and the Fleet Mgr, a casual friend of ours, had called to let us know that the Genl Mgr was not happy about three identical Ltds on their lot and told them to sell at least one. He knew we wanted an Avy; however, weren't in a hurry to buy as I was hoping for some type on incentives to show up. When we showed up to look, I told him to give me the bottom dollar price as I wasn't in a mood to bargain and showed him all my printouts from edmunds and truecar. After we got back from our test drive (we took 30 minutes +) it was late in the afternoon and he said that the Sales Mgr just wanted to get one off the lot, then he gave us the pricing as I explained. Deal!
  • Robis,

Thanks for the info.
  • djc1djc1 Posts: 13
    Anyone know what Toyota dealer is giving the best deal on a Toyota backed extended warranty? I need to purchase one for my new 2011 Avalon but my dealer wanted too much for the warranty.

Dennis
  • guugosguugos Posts: 10
    I am shopping for a new 2011 Avalon Limited, black with tan leather. So far for 36 months 12k miles, taxes rolled into the lease they are at 470/month. It seems like they can go further. Please help.
  • kcmoverkcmover Posts: 29
    I see nobody posting on this board since March 2011. I was looking at buying a 2012 Avalon or a 2012 Toyota Camry XLE.

I want to make the best purchase and spend no more then 27,000 to 30,000. Paying cash. Which car can I make the best deal on?
  • I'm in the market for a '11 Avalon Limited w/Nav. Currently there is a $3000 cash back on the '11 Avalon. I don't see many price paid experiences recently on this forum, so I would appreciate any input. I have many dealers in the area (Orange County). I will send out some offers to them via email. Start at invoice - 5% - cash back + TTL = OTD price and negotiate up. My starting bid would be

$35443 - $1772 - $3000 + TTL (~10%)
  • Got a quote from Power Toyota in Irvine for $31360 + TTL for MSRP $38913.. but it's the magnetic gray color that no one wants...

does anyone post here anymore? or are Avalon buyers too old to go on the internet?
  • That's a good price if it's a Limited with the Nav system. I skipped the Nav system and dynamic criuse control. The color is a matter of taste. I have an '08 Limited that's gray and I really love it. I'm meticulous about keeping the car polished and wax and it looks like new.

Here's the first steps after you get it home...in this order: grab Coke Zero, put on the Best of the Spinners, followed by the Best of the Commodores...now you're ready for business: wash the car, clay bar it to "clean the paint," wash it again, apply polish, then wax, twice, finish with a machine buff. Use either Meguair's or Mother's products. Get a grit guard ($10) for the bottom of your wash bucket so you can reduce the grit on your wash mit from the wash water. The grit causes the swirls you see so often on dark cars. Avoid commercial car washes unless they are touchless.
  • Got it down to $31000 + TTL = OTD for the '11 Avalon Limited w/ NAV, carpet mats, bumper applique... until he found out I'm paying cash, now he wants $31344...

thanks for the tip on upkeep, but don't have time to do that...

It's hard to find another big sedan w/Nav at this price....Maxima, TL, are upwards for $34,000...
  • bwiabwia Boston Posts: 1,291
    Before you buy check out the Buick LaCrosse. You get a lot of refinement, technology and handling for the money. The 303-hp V6 is a no cost option compared to the eAssist.
  • thanks but I'll pass on the LaCrosse... I would actually want a eAssist with Premier 1 plus Nav... but two things, not common and cost more then Avalon (even if I go with the v6 for a more apples to apples comp). I don't understand why they make so many different varieties/packages, don't like auto makers that make me think more then necessary...
  • MSRP $39.743, got it for $29.995 + TTL ($3000 cash back included). Has Nav, premium accessories, wheel locks, rear bumper appliqué, lip spoiler, and special paint. Offered 30.700, dealer countered at $36.189, then for some reason offered $29.995+ TTL without me doing anything... drove down, signed papers, got my '11 Avalon Limited with no hassle... Penske Downey Toyota.
  • We're getting close to buying. 2011, Limited, with navigation. I'd prefer black with the black bordeaux interior, but it's apparently impossible to find. Ivory is a good substitute.

Anyway, how does this work? The local dealer is about $2000 more on the advertised price, without any negotiating (the far away dealer is 10% under invoice, or $32,244). The dealer out of town is ~200 miles away.

I understand that the car is either driven or placed on a flatbed (less likely) to be sent to the other dealership. My question: Am I buying from the local or far away dealer? In other words, with which dealer do I start the process?

Personally, I have almost no issue buying the far away car without seeing it first. Is that asking for trouble? But, other people are recommending I not do that, and I see their point. I can drive the 200 miles to do the deal, then come back the next day on the train, but if I don't have to... :P

Thanks!
  • mikes.mikes. Posts: 335
    I've been thinking of a new Avalon, a 2011 to replace my 2008. I'd called several dealers in the N Virginia, Western Md area. I want 1 in zephyr blue fully loaded.

I had a deal from the dealer in Tyson's Corner, Va. 32,654 + TTL. The sales rep told me the car I wanted was sitting in the showroom, just waiting for me. I leave the house about 30 mins later. I get a call from the salesman, that car is already sold. They can offer me a couple other colors for that price or a different blue 1 for 1k more.

I told him no thanks and went back home, :(
  • What was the sticker price? Truecar.com's price? I think it's good you missed it, you can do better on price. Is the price you got including rebate? Aim for at least 22-23% off MSRP.
  • mikes.mikes. Posts: 335
    2/29/2011 Avalon Ltd, fully loaded. 34,651 - 1,500 cash back = 33,154 + TTL.
    I only wanted the Zephyr Blue. I tried dealing with 6 different dealers, this was the best offer I could wrangle. They didn't cheat me on the trade-in either. Just what Edmunds said it should be. 26k financed at 1.74% for 60 months.
  • ps99472ps99472 Posts: 28
    Congrats on your new car, I been enjoying mine.. except the power window is not full auto on my driver side... hopefully this is just a minor hiccup.. heard electrical problems can get worse..

So what was the MSRP on your Zephyr blue? I see the cash back is different for your region, here in Socal it's $3000 back.. That's a great financing rate with the cash back...Mine was either 0% or $3000 cash back.
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,641
    A reporter is looking to speak with anyone who bought a new car in the last two months. She’s especially interested in the economic and market factors (fuel prices, access to credit, pricing, etc.) that went into your decision. Please send a brief description of your experience and your preferred contact information to pr@edmunds.com by Wednesday, March 7th, 2012.

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

• dealer wanted 38,600 for fully loaded.got him to drop thousand off.plus got 13,000 for my 06 trade in.ended up paying 25,000
  • camry by far
  • why doesnt anybody want that metallic color?
  • no knee room and also too many trips to gas station
  • I'm looking for a Avalon '13 XLE Premium. What would be a good price to buy. I live in the Midwest. TruVar estimate for a BASE model is $30,400. Premium's MSPR is $33,195 ($2,200 more than the base). Does $32,000 + tax sound like a fair price? What have others been paying here. I found it surprising that no one has shared their buying experience and prices here yet- maybe I'm not in the right forum?