Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Avalon Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• spratmanspratman Posts: 19
    I was wondering the same thing... I'm interested in the 2013 Avalon as well and was hoping to find information on what others have paid. Is there another forum somewhere else?
  • gouda272gouda272 Posts: 1
    FWIW i just paid 25500 for a 2011 limited fully loaded with 20k miles. kbb is 32k on it. i think i got a really good deal on it. the thing is in awesome shape/condition.
  • I suspect one reason there are so few comments on this forum is the availability of the new Avalon. In Northern California, until just recently, you were pressed to find anything except overloaded Limiteds for sale. I would think $32,000 + tax is a reasonable offer, and I would walk if the dealer balked at it.
  • finfin atlantaPosts: 588
    FYI: Just spent 30 minutes with the general manager of a local dealership here in GA and more time with a salesman.... It was time for a service appointment and the manager and his top sales guy were in the service department. Manager is on his 3rd personal demo in 6 days, salesman gets a Camry as Avalons are selling too fast. They had 4 available today, down from 8 a week ago, should get 4 more this week. The dealers here want more regular models and cannot get anything except the Limited with everything on it. Why, no one knows. Again, just FYI in GA....
  • Dealer wants $32,300 + tax and title, pretty decent deal. I think I'll counter with $31,300 and split the difference with him ($500) if he won't go for it.
  • adler223adler223 Posts: 7
    Just bought an avalon limited hybrid. Ended up buying the prepaid maintenance plan and now I am concerned I made a mistake. Are they worth it or should I cancel. First 2 years are already free so I got years 3-5 for about 1500.
    Thanks.
  • sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,682
    What does it include? We bought our 1st one with our 2005 Mazda3s and it cost about $420. But it included 15 oil changes, 7 rotations, 2 radiator antifreeze changes and 1 tranny service by 45k. On paper, it seemed worth it and I truly think it has helped the vehicle last so long...it's now at 119k and the a/c is acting up again. Don't think I'd do it again but we'll see when she purchases her 2014. I am pretty anal about the maintenance though on all 4 vehicles since we tend to keep our vehicles longer now.
    I think most folks do not buy these things though.

The Sandman

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

• Hi
    I purchased a 2013 avalon base for 200 over invoice. Use True car and you should be OK. You will need to remain solid as there are not many avalons available
  • robsisrobsis Posts: 160
    We just got a '13 Hybrid Touring in Cypress Pearl this last weekend. The Limited's out there all had the tech package and the only things we really wanted in the Limited were the ventilated seats and the fancier head unit with the larger screen and it wasn't worth the extra thousands that they were asking for the tech packaged Limiteds. The ride and quiet were identical between the Limited hybrid and the Touring hybrid. My wife even decided she preferred the non-ventilated seats on the Touring "in case the grandkids spill"...hahaha!

We got just a few hundred below KBB on our trade (an '11 Avalon with 42K that needed new tires and a 4 wheel alignment, BTW) and they then knocked 3293 off MSRP, then threw in tinting, edge guards, and 'paint protection' (which probably cost them next to nothing....). We bought from the Fleet manager, who we've known for several years, so his pricing was pretty much "here it is, take it or leave it". A fair deal and the GSM stopped by and told us that, since the Avy hybrid was in such demand (their average time on the lot for Avy Hybrids is 12 days), he was reluctant to sell it to us for that price; however, he needed the sale more than the profit this time. Our friend later told us that it also actually meant an additional $1k to him as he'd passed a milestone number for the month, too.

Could we have done better? Maybe, but it was a totally seamless/non-stressful process and even the 'Finance Manager' just had us sign papers quickly saying that since we were friends of the fleet guy, he wasn't going to even ask us about extended warranties, theft etching, etc. He commented that he'd "make it up on the next couple of customers".....and then told us that if we wanted to consider an extended warranty, to just call him before the car was out of factory warranty and he'd give us a good price.

Overall an excellent experience and, so far, we love the car and the mileage we are getting. The vehicle is quieter than our '11 and handles better, not to mention the high 30's we are getting on MPG. Oh, and the annual insurance premium stayed the same, so we're happy about that, too.
  • jwillinjwillin Posts: 16
    I bought one for my 2011 Avalon. I think at the time ofpurchase I begin to get buyer's remorse, but once I begin using it, I really like it. My only problem is whether the current cost of services actually are enough to where it pays for the maintenance plan. I get about 3 oil changes a year and 2 tire rotations, plus the maintenance every 5k miles. For the most part in my estimation, it doesn't pay for itself during the year, but will over the long term.
  • jwillinjwillin Posts: 16
    You guys seem to have had the red carpet treatment. How do you like the fact that the car is smaller than previous models? Does it really ride like a sports car, i.e. rough riding? I don't like the fact it has less space. The dealership in my town has been sending me mailouts to bring in my 2011 in exchange for a 2013. I've heard they are smaller and don't ride as well. So, I've resisted going in and test driving one.

Enjoy your Avalon. I'm sure it's beautiful. :)
  • adler223adler223 Posts: 7
    It is a great car!
  • cob2cob2 Posts: 9
    Thanks for your post. I'm looking for a 2011-12 Limited as well. Wish the reg version had a key/fob, I love this feature. I have an 06 Limited, hate the navigation, hate it. Having trouble finding one in N CA. May have to travel to get one. Also, I've found about 40% of the dealers list Avalon's as Limited versions when they are not. Typically all you have to do is look at the alloy wheels to see if its a limited. What games/crooks. I asked one dealer if the Limited listed is keyless, explained it should have a key fob and they replied, "I can absolutely assure you that it has keyless entry, come on in". That's not the question! I hate these games...its like their politicians in training. May have to look again at the Accord V6 EXL (26.5K)...unless there are some fantastic deals on a 2013 Avalon - come on guys!
  • robsisrobsis Posts: 160
    Well, first tank was 38.8MPG, so that is a win. As to your comment about the ride and interior size, we just took a 360 mile trip. Very comfortable. Slightly smaller in the driver's area; however, comfortable nonetheless. The suspension is much tighter and handling is tons better than the '11 we traded in. You can feel a few more of the bumps; however, not enough to annoy at all and instead of wallowing through them (and the curves on the road), the steering feels much more secure and the car feels safer (not that we EVER felt unsafe in the '11 at all...). Also, even though we thought the '11 was quiet, the '13 is noticeably more quiet than the '11 (at least the Hybrid is), so we absolutely love that! The back seat is a little smaller according to the specs; however, neither I nor my wife could really tell the difference.

I'd encourage you to drive one and see for yourself, especially since my dealer was thrilled to get an '11 in trade (and I believe has already 'certified' it and sold it). We were concerned about the same things you were, and also about a lack of power in the hybrid. Not any more. At this point we are absolutely thrilled about the purchase.

I will report more as I get the opportunity....
  • 2013avalom2013avalom Posts: 1
    Just got one in Nashville for 500.00 under on Monday
    150 mi. Home and got 41.3 at 75 mph
    Care to share which dealership in Nashville gave you $500 under invoice for your new Avalon?
  • dredma1dredma1 Posts: 6
    Here is the deal I am being offered:

Dealer is offering about 500 below what NADA says is the trade in value of my car.

Dealer is asking 35500 for the Avalon Touring (comes with add ons like a glass breakage sensor, pain protectant film and window tint).

Is this a fair deal?
  • woolooloowoolooloo Posts: 29
    There is currently a lease deal on the Avalon Hybrid XLE. Is there any way that this can be applied towards the Limited trim level? Obviously I'd have to pay for the adjusted cap cost, but can the MF and residuals and cap cost reduction being used in the XLE deal be used if I pick a Limited? If so, what are the numbers in the XLE deal? Thanks
  • odinalaodinala Posts: 6
    Avalon Hybrid Limited-Sticker $46,819-Technology Package, Remote Start, Carpet Mats, Clear Paint Protection, Window Tint, Toyota Guard Plus, Wireless Charging, and Connectivity Package, negotiated to $41,071.67. Vehicle is a dealer demo with 180 miles. Is this a good/fair price?
  • doc750doc750 Posts: 4
    Hello,

I just purchased a 2013 Avalon limited (black on black) for $35600 plus tax and tags (MSRP was $40600). The dealer invoice was approx. $37000. There were currently no incentives on the Avalon, except for a $299/month lease deal.

I was also able to get an additional $1500 for my trade over the Carmax appraisal.

While I was googling for price paid, I came across this forum, so I thought I would post to help out future buyers and get feedback from seasoned buyers on how I did on negotiating.
    Sounds like an excellent price! Did the $35,600 include dealer doc fees? Also what dealership offered this to you?
    edited July 2013
    Sorry the doc fees were an additional $164.95. It was a dealership just outside of Chicago, IL. I attempted to send you a PM with the contact info of the dealership (don't want them to possibly get in trouble for publishing pricing below dealer invoice) but I could not locate the button for this forum feature. So please shoot me a PM if your in the local market and would like the info. I got to know the general manager pretty well. :)
  • rags4026rags4026 Posts: 17
    What APR did you get? Did you finance through Toyota or on your own?

/R
    1.75% for up to 72 months through penfed.
  • rags4026rags4026 Posts: 17
    Thanks for the reply and Congratulations on your new car!
    You said that you got $1500 for your trade over the Carmax appraisal, was that a Toyota too? In my previous experience, a Honda dealer said that they will give me 15k for my Accord trade in but Toyota dealer said 13k and he wouldn't care if I take the deal or no.

Thanks
    /R
    No it was a Infiniti G37 convertible
  • thebellythebelly Posts: 10
    Anyone know what the MF and Residual value is for a 2013 Avalon XLE with 10,000 miles/ year?

Thanks !
  • I bought a 2011 Limited this week that has 29000 miles showing on the odometer. The car is in pristine condition, has every option I can think of aside from cooled seats. It's dark gray with ivory interior and has the dreaded dark floor mats. I searched high and low across the southeast but ended up getting my car from a local dealer. My car is a one owner and was purchased within 30 miles of my house and had all service and state inspections locally.

I paid $23,670 for the car, plus taxes, tag and a too high dealer admin fee of nearly $600. That made my out the door price a bit under $25,000.

I was hoping to find a deal for this exact car for about $23,500 out the door, but got impatient with the market. I'm a long time Toyota owner and have had fantastic reliability and durability from 4Runners and a Tacoma truck.

My prior daily driver was 16 years old and had 231,000 miles on it so obviously I tend to buy and keep cars. I hope this Avalon will last 200K.

Good luck to all Avalon buyers.
  • I just purchased a 2011 Avalon Limited with 9,500 miles for $25,900. The car looks new! Got the full service records from Toyota and there were no issues. It was built in Oct 2011 and sold Dec 2011, so it's almost like a 2012. The previous owner traded it in for a 2013 Avalon Ltd. Also purchased the Toyota 7 yr/100,00 miles new car warranty from Jerry Johnson for $999.
  • vservser Posts: 48
    Hi. Thx for posting. Did you get the tech package too?