Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Avalon Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• What was the sticker price? Truecar.com's price? I think it's good you missed it, you can do better on price. Is the price you got including rebate? Aim for at least 22-23% off MSRP.
  • mikes.mikes. Posts: 335
    2/29/2011 Avalon Ltd, fully loaded. 34,651 - 1,500 cash back = 33,154 + TTL.
    I only wanted the Zephyr Blue. I tried dealing with 6 different dealers, this was the best offer I could wrangle. They didn't cheat me on the trade-in either. Just what Edmunds said it should be. 26k financed at 1.74% for 60 months.
  • ps99472ps99472 Posts: 28
    Congrats on your new car, I been enjoying mine.. except the power window is not full auto on my driver side... hopefully this is just a minor hiccup.. heard electrical problems can get worse..

So what was the MSRP on your Zephyr blue? I see the cash back is different for your region, here in Socal it's $3000 back.. That's a great financing rate with the cash back...Mine was either 0% or $3000 cash back.
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 39,958
    A reporter is looking to speak with anyone who bought a new car in the last two months. She’s especially interested in the economic and market factors (fuel prices, access to credit, pricing, etc.) that went into your decision. Please send a brief description of your experience and your preferred contact information to pr@edmunds.com by Wednesday, March 7th, 2012.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• dealer wanted 38,600 for fully loaded.got him to drop thousand off.plus got 13,000 for my 06 trade in.ended up paying 25,000
  • camry by far
  • why doesnt anybody want that metallic color?
  • no knee room and also too many trips to gas station
  • I'm looking for a Avalon '13 XLE Premium. What would be a good price to buy. I live in the Midwest. TruVar estimate for a BASE model is $30,400. Premium's MSPR is $33,195 ($2,200 more than the base). Does $32,000 + tax sound like a fair price? What have others been paying here. I found it surprising that no one has shared their buying experience and prices here yet- maybe I'm not in the right forum?
  • spratmanspratman Posts: 19
    I was wondering the same thing... I'm interested in the 2013 Avalon as well and was hoping to find information on what others have paid. Is there another forum somewhere else?
  • gouda272gouda272 Posts: 1
    FWIW i just paid 25500 for a 2011 limited fully loaded with 20k miles. kbb is 32k on it. i think i got a really good deal on it. the thing is in awesome shape/condition.
  • I suspect one reason there are so few comments on this forum is the availability of the new Avalon. In Northern California, until just recently, you were pressed to find anything except overloaded Limiteds for sale. I would think $32,000 + tax is a reasonable offer, and I would walk if the dealer balked at it.
  • finfin atlantaPosts: 588
    FYI: Just spent 30 minutes with the general manager of a local dealership here in GA and more time with a salesman.... It was time for a service appointment and the manager and his top sales guy were in the service department. Manager is on his 3rd personal demo in 6 days, salesman gets a Camry as Avalons are selling too fast. They had 4 available today, down from 8 a week ago, should get 4 more this week. The dealers here want more regular models and cannot get anything except the Limited with everything on it. Why, no one knows. Again, just FYI in GA....
  • Dealer wants $32,300 + tax and title, pretty decent deal. I think I'll counter with $31,300 and split the difference with him ($500) if he won't go for it.
  • adler223adler223 Posts: 7
    Just bought an avalon limited hybrid. Ended up buying the prepaid maintenance plan and now I am concerned I made a mistake. Are they worth it or should I cancel. First 2 years are already free so I got years 3-5 for about 1500.
    Thanks.
  • sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,623
    What does it include? We bought our 1st one with our 2005 Mazda3s and it cost about $420. But it included 15 oil changes, 7 rotations, 2 radiator antifreeze changes and 1 tranny service by 45k. On paper, it seemed worth it and I truly think it has helped the vehicle last so long...it's now at 119k and the a/c is acting up again. Don't think I'd do it again but we'll see when she purchases her 2014. I am pretty anal about the maintenance though on all 4 vehicles since we tend to keep our vehicles longer now.
    I think most folks do not buy these things though.

The Sandman

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

• Hi
    I purchased a 2013 avalon base for 200 over invoice. Use True car and you should be OK. You will need to remain solid as there are not many avalons available
  • robsisrobsis Posts: 160
    We just got a '13 Hybrid Touring in Cypress Pearl this last weekend. The Limited's out there all had the tech package and the only things we really wanted in the Limited were the ventilated seats and the fancier head unit with the larger screen and it wasn't worth the extra thousands that they were asking for the tech packaged Limiteds. The ride and quiet were identical between the Limited hybrid and the Touring hybrid. My wife even decided she preferred the non-ventilated seats on the Touring "in case the grandkids spill"...hahaha!

We got just a few hundred below KBB on our trade (an '11 Avalon with 42K that needed new tires and a 4 wheel alignment, BTW) and they then knocked 3293 off MSRP, then threw in tinting, edge guards, and 'paint protection' (which probably cost them next to nothing....). We bought from the Fleet manager, who we've known for several years, so his pricing was pretty much "here it is, take it or leave it". A fair deal and the GSM stopped by and told us that, since the Avy hybrid was in such demand (their average time on the lot for Avy Hybrids is 12 days), he was reluctant to sell it to us for that price; however, he needed the sale more than the profit this time. Our friend later told us that it also actually meant an additional $1k to him as he'd passed a milestone number for the month, too.

Could we have done better? Maybe, but it was a totally seamless/non-stressful process and even the 'Finance Manager' just had us sign papers quickly saying that since we were friends of the fleet guy, he wasn't going to even ask us about extended warranties, theft etching, etc. He commented that he'd "make it up on the next couple of customers".....and then told us that if we wanted to consider an extended warranty, to just call him before the car was out of factory warranty and he'd give us a good price.

Overall an excellent experience and, so far, we love the car and the mileage we are getting. The vehicle is quieter than our '11 and handles better, not to mention the high 30's we are getting on MPG. Oh, and the annual insurance premium stayed the same, so we're happy about that, too.
  • jwillinjwillin Posts: 16
    I bought one for my 2011 Avalon. I think at the time ofpurchase I begin to get buyer's remorse, but once I begin using it, I really like it. My only problem is whether the current cost of services actually are enough to where it pays for the maintenance plan. I get about 3 oil changes a year and 2 tire rotations, plus the maintenance every 5k miles. For the most part in my estimation, it doesn't pay for itself during the year, but will over the long term.