Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Quest 2004+: Problems & Solutions

Comments

• dtownfbdtownfb Posts: 2,915
    The "Service engine soon" light came on in my 2004 Quest S (34,500 miles). I checked the fuel cap. Anything else I should check?
  • The ones for the Quest are not slotted, they're cryogenically treated to remove stress and prevent warping.

We have 23,000+ miles on ours, and no problems, but we usually replace OEM disks with aftermarket Girlings when available.
  • bperkbperk Posts: 38
    I personally spoke to one of the engineers of this company as he said that you should use slotted cryoenic ones on the front and the regular cryogenic ones on the rear because of the weight of the vehicle. He said they will make slotted ones seperately for the front for $40.00 extra fo reach front rotor.
  • Drilled or slotted rotors have been common on sports or racing cars for many years. The Quest isn't particularly heavy compared to many trucks or SUV's. But let us know how they work out for you.
    I had the Service Engine Soon light come on about a week or so ago. Not flashing or anything. I went to Advance Auto Parts for them to check the code. It showed P0745 - Pressure Control Solenoid Circuit malfunction. The guy at Advance didn't have a clue as to what could be a problem.

Before I take it to the dealer, can anyone give idea as to what could be the problem?

Thanks
  • eyeblindeyeblind Posts: 156
    I had the Service Engine Soon light come on in my van back at 3,000 miles. I now have 20,000. My invoice from the service department stated that " Isolated concern to A/F sensor and ECU programing failure. Replaced B2 A/F sensor, reprogramed AMED ECU" I don't know what the heck that all means, but what ever it was I haven't had a problem since.
  • jmaszkjmaszk Posts: 1
    I have an '05 Quest, with approx 7000 miles on it, and I am experiencing the same thing you are. I have noticed that it is randomly making a loud metallic bang in the engine when I start the van. It seems to be worse the longer the van just sits there before starting up...once you start up, there is no longer any noises, and stopping and restarting don't replicate it. By the way...for me, the engine just has to be cold...it can be warm out and the starting "bang" occurs...I live in Phoenix.

Is there anyone else out there who is experiencing this issue with their quest? I would like to find out as much as possible, so I can get the dealer to fix this serious problem. :confuse:
  • We had a similar issue on our Quest around the same time as your other reply (around 3k miles). Similar replacement item as them as well. Havent seen the lamp since. We are at 33k now.
  • Anyone get any satisfaction from Nissan1 or from elsewhere regarding brake issues on an '04? Just paid $500 for fronts and rears with rotors turned (on the vehicle by the way as they should be). Anyone get warranty coverage or reimbursement based on the problem being so widespread? Doesnt sound like Nissan stepped up to the plate on this one at all. TIA
  • jimb14jimb14 Posts: 2
    I also have sliding door rattles in my 2005 Nissan Quest. I see there is some sort of anti rattle kit available. If you could tell me how to obtain this info, I would be grateful.
  • garandmangarandman Posts: 524
    Take it in to the dealer. Just had them installed on ours. No charge.
    My experience with this issue that I had was resolved by low oil level in the engine. I checked the oil level one morning after the engine was making the noise on an especially cold morning and it was low. I topped it of with one quart and all was OK after that. I then took it to the dealer for an oil change just to be sure. Since the last oil change we have not expereinced this noise and its been well below freezing here in NJ. So right now my concerns have been resolved as far as I can see due to low oil. Ive been keeping and eye on the oil level reguarly and aal seems well, level is the same after many weeks.
    The door rattle kit was for the 2004 model. If they did not address this issue with the 05's then Nissan has really messed up and dropped the ball. Check the TSB's for the 2005. Here is the link ...

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/recalls/recallsearch.cfm
    I had my dealer here in NJ replace the rotors for FREE under warranty. Also the many times I had them cut was FREE also. I guess it depends on the dealer and how they treat their customers for retention.
  • What was the mileage on yours when you had this work done?
  • garandmangarandman Posts: 524
    Anyone buy aftermarket wheels for a Quest?
    Do the 200-2003 wheels fit? Or Altima or other Nissan wheels?
    See my history on this problem. bperk, "Nissan Quest 2004+ Problems & Solutions" #1792, 20 Jan 2006 6:08 pm

Guess what! Wifey is complaining that the steering wheel is vibrating again with the 3rd set of rotors... aggghhh.
    There only 2000 miles on these rotors... agghhhh.
    Its a good job I ordered a set of frozen rotors for the front wheels over the weekend. As I posetd before Im installing a set of frozen rotors on the front and rear of the van as I am exhausted with this issue. The front with shipping cost me about $250.00. I'll keep ya all posted how I make out with them.
    The brakes may not be the culprit. A couple of posters psoted about problems with the steering wheel vibrating. the solution had to do with an adjustment in the steering rack while under load. If I remember right it took a few visits to the dealer to get it resolved.
  • plashenickplashenick Posts: 162
    When I got new tires they forgot to Balance and had a vibration over 60mph. After balancing the issue went away; drover over 80mph to test
  • plashenickplashenick Posts: 162
    Wife got my car filler yesterday, but Fuel gauge read 1/4 full. DTE said 80 miles (which corresponds. Brought it back to stations and checked that the tank was full (1/2 hour after initial fueling). The tank was full, and the gauge was saying 1/2 full (138 DTE). Next morning car was still saying 1/2 full. I am bringing this to the dealer as it may be a computer / sensor problem.

Anyone ever have this trouble?
This discussion has been closed.