Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti QX56

Comments

• qx56qx56 Posts: 69
    Best of luck GB!
    I hope that you enjoy yours a much as we do.
    Joe
  • THE QX 56 IS THE MOST DANGEROUS VEHICLE THAT I HAVE EVER OWNED. THE BRAKES FAILED FOUR TIMES. JUST TRADED THE 04 Qx ON AN 07 CADILLAC ESCALADE. THE CADDY IS SMOOTH, QUIET, QUICK, GOOD MILEAGE AND MOST OF ALL: SAFE. THE QX IS NONE OF THESE THINGS. IF YOU BUY, UP YOUR LIFE INSURANCE.
    Best of luck with your new Escalade.
    Nonsense with the rest! Love my QX56. After two years of good fun I'm thinking about a 2007 upgrade. Sorry about your lemon.
  • Sorry about your problems. Everyone knows about the problems with the brakes, so this is nothing new. Every QX56 built after April 05, has the permanent brake fix off the assembly line. Your vehicle should have been recalled to have the permanent brake fix done. Good luck with your Escalade. Your going to need it.
  • ng20ng20 Posts: 1
    I have a 2002 Infiniti G20 that needs an O2 sensor. I was told the price is $400. The dealer suggested that I buy an extended warranty that would cover it. The car has only 16,000 miles. It was only driven locally until 6 months ago when I began driving to work. The warranty for 4 years is $1400. Does anyone have an opinion on purchasing the extended warranty? :confuse:
  • fparker1fparker1 Posts: 6
    :lemon: After 15 months of constant problems with door/window rattles and constant squeaking like an old clunker while driving along I decided to call Infiniti consumer affairs. I told them when I was taking the car in and what I wanted done. I was given a file number and away we went.

:mad: Basically I stated that the dealer service dept. would keep the QX until every problem was fixed and that we would drive the car with the service manager before taking it back. If the problem occurred then they would keep it and try again. I also stated that they should not repair the problem but replace the parts, even if it meant taking the door off a QX on the lot and putting it on mine.

:shades: Well guess what? They did just that. Not the door but another part under the car that was making excessive noise. I am supposed to get it back today so we will see.
  • :mad: THE 2004qx56 IS A HORRIBLE LEMON. THE ROTORS WARP EVERY 5,000 MILES, THE BRAKES FAIL, THE ABS TELLS THE SKID CONTROL THAT THE VEHICLE IS IN A SKID WHEN IT IS NOT-THEN CAUSES THE BRAKES TO TRY TO STEER THE VEHICLE OUT OF A NON=EXITENT SKID. IT IS NOISY, VIBRATES, BUTTONS FALL OFF, GETS 1O MILES TO THE GALLON, CHEWS TIRES, LEAKS, SHAKES, RATTLES. ABSOLUTELY THE WORST VEHICLE THAT I HAVE EVER OWNED. WORD IS OUT ON THE STREET, DEALERS DON'T WANT THEM IN TRADE BECAUSE OF LIABILITY ISSUES. MOTOR COMPANY SUCKS AND DEALERS ARE WORSE.
  • fparker1fparker1 Posts: 6
    Well, they fixed 2 of the 3 problems. The problem that the dealer introduced while fixing the window rattle was the rubber weather strip making noise. It is not as bad as before but it is irritating that they introduced this problem.

Now that all the noise from the door and under the hood are gone I can hear the DVD screen rattling when in the stowed position. :surprise:
  • My suggestion would be to sell it as soon as possible. These things are lemons, noisy, squeaky, with parts that fall off and brakes that fail. I just traded my QX for a 07 Cadillac Escalade and what a difference. The Caddy is quiet, more h.p., handles better, brakes better and more efficient. Most of all it is MUCH SAFER! :lemon:
    Dude: Congrates on the Caddy and too bad the QX was a lemon. We don't all have your problems. I have had very few including the brakes to which they replaced without me asking.
    Move on already!
    I bought 1/2 oz of Krytox lube online and schmeared it on the weather stripping as per Service Bulletin Num : 05027
    Date of Bulletin: JUN 06, 2005. What a difference! All the little ambient ticks and clicks coming from the outer weather proofing have disappeared. I used it on my other two cars as well. A little goes a long way. ($32 for a 1/2 oz.)
  • I have moved on to a better vehicle, but I feel obligated to let everyone that I can know what a dangerous vehicle they are driving with a QX. Besides the rotors failing 4 times, the booster failed (no brakes at all). Then the ABS failed and caused the skid control to take over the directional control (via selective application of the brakes). This has all been reported and documented with the National Transportation Safety Board and Infinity. Infinities feeble attempts to correct the problems are laughable.

What's funny is the vehicle doesn't stop when it is supposed to and stops when it is not supposed to.

I would not drive one of these death traps to the closest Walmart.

You move on DUDE, just don't tailgate me in that P.O.S.

P.S. I also love getting "RIPPED" for a $60,000 vehicle that apparently nobody bothered to check the BRAKES.
  • You should never have to do that on a new $60,000 vehicle. Totally ridiculous, even more so that they would issue a service bulletin telling you to do it. :lemon:
  • linkybolinkybo Posts: 10
    Has anyone had any brake judder after the fix was installed? My "fix" was about 10,000 miles ago. I've noticed some shaking when I brake going down a hill and I dread even taking the QX to the dealer again.
  • We had much worse problems than their cute little term called "brake judder" which is spin lingo for brake failure. If brakes fail to work for any reason, it is brake failure in my book. We had the vacuum booster (the power brake portion) of the entire brake system fail. That means you are trying to stop a 6,000 lb. vehicle without power assist! When your wife is 5'1" and 110 lbs. that is too much to ask! After the fixed that problem, then the AntiLock Brake system AND vehicle skid control failed. After that I SOLD THIS PIECE OF CRAP. Hopefully the new owner won't die. :lemon:
  • You are going to need it. You are driving a very dangerous vehicle.
  • ndared1ndared1 Posts: 21
    I received a letter from Infiniti for purchasing a 2006 Q56 at invoice minus $5K. Soooooo, I took my 04 Q over to the local dealer and they indeed started the pricing negotiations out at exactly the offer and talk about deflateing my current car. The offer was terrible only $33K for my trade and finance the upside down part of it for another 6 years with adding about a hundred to my current payment. Well I will continue to drive my current Q as it has been good compared to most of them I have read about. Holding out for something exciting in 07 or 08 from any of the manufacturers, haven't seen nothing for 06. I will take a hard look at International MXT.
    Anyone else been tempted by this offer and care to share the normal stealer deals?
  • linkybolinkybo Posts: 10
    I wondered where the scam was going to be in that offer. Have you looked up the trade in value for your 04 Q? Were they really trying to rip you off, or has it just lost a most of it's value? And please don't tell me they said it's not worth much because of the brake issues!! Haha!
  • ndared1ndared1 Posts: 21
    I don't think they were trying to rip off anyone. That's pretty much the value in KBB, Edmunds, and Nada plus options :blush: . I did get them to better the deal but then told them I wasn't interested in starting over the depreciation again. Waiting to see the 07 interiors and 08 diesel option for the Q.
    I did try out an MB GL450, was a very nice SUV. But Benz wants about $19.5K more for the same equipped unit ;) . The GL450 is considered a full size but a little smaller than the Q and not much power out of the hole :( . I did notice that it is unibody and could hear the highway howl much more than in the Q (body on frame) :confuse: .
    Well I will wait until next MY at the earliest.
    By the way many 2006 Q's still had the old smaller front rotor and calipers. The newest ones built after about February had the larger rotors and calipers :P . So make sure and look at all 06 MY and compare the front brakes for the larger caliper and rotor (I think the new larger caliper is also aluminum compared to the smaller iron.
  • robertrobert Posts: 14
    Where did you purchase it from if you don't mind?
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 40,871
    Please visit the Infiniti QX56: Real World MPG discussion and report your mileage. Thanks,

Steve, Host

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• subicboysubicboy Posts: 1
    This is directed to those of us who purchased a 2004 QX56.
    When they finally announced the new brake kits, I remember receiving a letter stating that not only would the warranty on the brake system be extended, but that the complimentary service, i.e. oil changes, tire rotation, would be extended for 12 months and 12K miles as well.
    Am I having a senior moment, or do I in fact remember this correctly?
  • tanker1tanker1 Posts: 2
    I am trying to find out if you have had any luck with the lemon law and your QX56? I am having MAJOR problems w/ mine. ANy help or advice you could give would be great.
  • tanker1tanker1 Posts: 2
    any luck with the lemon law? I am having problems with my QX and wondering if anyone knew anything about infiniti having to buy them back.
  • zdonzdon Posts: 1
    I hope i'm wrong. But on many cars 1/3 'rd of the price, if you forget to lock your doors, and attempt to drive, the doors will automatically lock.I have a 2006 qx56 and the list of safety features is incredible, rear view advanced predictive braking the list goes on and on but.. HOW IN THE HECK DID THEY FORGET TO LOCK THE DOORS FOR YOU IF YOU FORGET!! MINIVANS HAVE THIS FEATURE OMG!!
  • pscdocpscdoc Posts: 91
    Well, it depends on the way you look at it. It is a safety feature in the stand point that in an emergency you can open your doors from the inside in case the auto open/lock fails. Also, it is locked from the outside so someone cannot just open the door and get in.
  • scccckscccck Posts: 1
    I purchased an Infiniti QX56 in 2004 and obviously have an '04 model. I have taken it in 4 times for the brakes and for several other things like rear hatch door failure, navigation system etc. My parents and my brother all have one also and we all have trouble with them. Last resort we have opened a file with the BBB and are waiting for results (hopefully). Has anyone had any luck getting this company to do anything about these terrible vehicles? Please let me know if you have. We could all use the help. Thanks-
  • Google Freshalloy. You should find what you need.
  • I have a 2005 QX56 with 22inch wheels that were on the vehicle on the showroom floor when I bought it. I have had nuisance problems, but whats killing me now is a vibration in the steering wheel at greater than 60MPH. I have 30,000 miles on the tires, (new 10/32 tread, I now have 8/32 tread) the vibrations started 2000 miles ago. The tires have been rotated, balanced, road forced and aligned. The problem remains. Any ideas?