Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti QX56

Comments

• My QX sat on the Cadillac dealer's lot for about 5 months and then they also sold it at auction. Perhaps people looking for used QX's should check out the used car area at their local Cadillac dealership?
    I felt like I got ripped off when they offered me less than trade in on my QX, but I watched it languish on their lot and they eventually lowered the price to what they gave me for it. That made me feel better about the low trade in value - I'm sure they lost money on it.
  • I'm back, , , My sole purpose was to warn people about the multiple cause (not just the rotors, but the ABS & VCS system) FAILURES. These are very real & very serious. They may have "rigged" the rotors, but I have not seen any recalls on the ABS. The internet is filled with storys. Just Google Infinity or Nissan brake problems.

You guys spend too much time reading Car & Driver and not enough time thinking for yourself. Try something simple like NO BRAKES = DEATH. :lemon:
  • I had multiple dealers refuse to take mine in trade and it had only 30000 miles on it. The Lexus dealer even put me in touch with the Lemon Law people.
  • keg97keg97 Posts: 189
    Perhaps YOU need to do some research and "thinking" for yourself, since the Caddy salesperson hosed you big-time into thinking that the Escalade is on it's own platform :shades:

Try this.... Most Salespeople = Tell you whatever it takes to sell a vehicle :lemon:
    Perhaps your issue was that you were driving a speaker.
    Infinity = audio speakers
    Infiniti = automobiles
  • I owned a 05 QX56 and needed new brakes after 4,000 miles. All the wood trim cracked and had to be replaced, it needed a new steering wheel (which they mounted incorrectly...that was a mess) it needed a new battery after two years. So, I traded it for a new 08 model...I love the QX56, it offers everything I am looking for in a truck and despite the problems I had with my 05..I really still felt that it was the perfect vehicle for me. I have noticed over the last 2 weeks (2,700 miles) that the gas guage has been a little fickle..it never goes all the way to full. I used to get 14 around town and 19 on hwy on the 05... I have been getting 11 around town and 12.5 on the hwy on the 08...is this strange?? Also yesterday I went from 1/4 tank to the guage being pinned to E with the light on in about 1 second, plus my auto liftgate would not open (I tried every method) and my second key fob wouldnt lock or unlock the doors. I was going to bring it in for service this morning, but when I went out to take it...everything is working fine. I even filled the tank and it went all the way to full. THis has not happened in weeks. Has this happened to anyone else?? Plus my husband swears he smells "battery fumes" occassionally (he is a diesel mechanic)...he assumed it may have been other cars on the road, but now we are not sure. :sick:
  • jgp2jgp2 Posts: 1
    You can visit the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's (NHTSA) website, www.safercars.gov, to report brake-related safety issues.

You can also search defect investigations, view crash test results, etc.
    Anybody gotten a clear bra done? How much and for where?

I was quoted 520 for:
    Front bumper
    Headlights
    Foglights
    Door Edges
    Door "cups" (the area behind the handles)

It just seems a bit steep to me...
    TIA
    Picked up our new QX 4x4 yesterday....
    Tuscan Pearl/Wheat
    Tech Package
    DVD Package

So far so good....we had an excellent dealership experience w/Charles Barker Infiniti in VA Beach. I kept waiting for them to try to pull something and they never did. They did not even push any of the warranty/maintenance plans- they simply showed what we could get and offered to answer any questions. Big kudos for that!

The funniest part....they don't put those nasty dealership stickers on the car. I asked why (I HATE them) and the sales manager said quite simply, "Mr. Barker believes those stickers lack class and our customers agree wholeheartily. Our best advertising comes from good customers". Very true!
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 40,993
    Wow, sounds like an enlightened dealer. Congrats!

And please and rate review your dealer too:

Dealer Ratings and Reviews

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

No joke. They also have a Lexus and a Toyota dealership and they don't put decals on those vehicles either. Their loaner cars just have a little decal on the corner of the trunk highlighting them as a "Charles Barker Loaner Vehicle"...again better than my Acura dealer who puts a large banner across the rear windshield.
    Does anybody else with a lighter colored QX notice the tire gel getting all over your truck? I'm using the same tire gel that I use on my car and on our old truck and I've never had this problem before. I just washed the truck yesterday and my wife said that she noticed at work (12 mile trip) that there were a ton of black spots up and done both sides.
  • founderfounder Posts: 48
    I heard that the Armada was supposed to get redesign for 09 but I haven't seen anything official. I assume the QX will get the same treatment. This SUV has been out for a while now. If I'm not mistaken it came out like 4 or 5 years ago. While not the best looking SUV, it's a good price and gives you a lot of features. I had heard about all the problems the earlier models had, and my co worker got an 08 a couple months and he loves. I test drove one and I was impressed. I can list some complaints , but it's the same with all the SUVs I've looked at. I want to get one but my fear is Nissan is going to change the body soon, if not 09 then 10. Just want to hold off and see what's coming down the line. Just wandering if anyone heard anything?
  • shark715shark715 Posts: 380
    I would not think the QX and Armada will change much in '09 given the significant refreshing to them in '08.
  • obyoneobyone Posts: 8,065
    Significant refreshing? Same engine, same cab and chassis. What has changed since 2004 that's considered significant?
    Obyone, the following article will answer your questions.
    http://www.edmunds.com/infiniti/qx56/2008/review.html
    the first place is one thing. Adding bling according to that article is another. However, the exterior looks the same and so is the drivetrain.

The top picture is a 2004 and the bottom is a 2008.

The 20's are an improvement though personally I think 22's are optimum for this size of suv. The front and rear sensors are also an improvement. The question is without reading about the changes are you really able to tell the difference between a 2004 and 2008? I'd bet most couldn't.

I believe the original poster was wondering when a complete makeover might be in the works. The revisions that Nissan put into the 2008 would have no problem carrying over in a new redesign. I would think new sheetmetal would be required in the next two years. However based on Q sales I'm not so certain Mr. Ghosn would agree to that
    I agree that little has changed with the exterior (although the front sensors are a great addition) but the big changes are with the interior. Look at a '04-'07 and then check out a '08. Literally, night and day. I think the new '08 Armada interior is way nicer than the older QX. Personally, I always thought that the QX interior was a joke (although when you compared it to the older Nav's, Escalades, etc. it was probably on par).

Add to the new features that came with the '08 QX (HDD Nav, Hard Drive Music Box, keyless start, new one piece roof rails, etc.) and I'd say that it was a "significant" refreshening. It earned our $$$$.

Also, I don't forsee a new QX until 2010 at the earliest.
    You mean you didn't buy that Sequoia? LOL!! ;)

I have a '02 Denali which needs upgrading. I waited for GM's GMT 900 platform Denali with the 6.2. I was ready to buy one after looking at several other makes. Then I took a real good look at the front facia and decided I really couldn't live with it. I like the Tahoe but somehow buying a Chevy didn't seem the same. I never thought of buying an Escalade for the same reason I don't like the Denali now which is those vertical headlights. Oh well...maybe in 2010 with a makeover.....

One thing for sure the Sequoia never entered the picture and have you seen the price on the new Lexus LX570?
    No...we passed. It is a great truck but we had no interest in the 20K interior w/the 60K price tag. :) It really has a great powertrain but we were more interested in the luxury qualities of a truck and the Sequoia is severely limited in that regard, despite what some of the diehard Toyota fans claim. :shades:
  • benbobenbo Posts: 13
    I wrote earlier about purchasing a low mileage 5,000 - 8,000 '07 or new '08 and kind of got the response to buy new. I went to a dealer 75 miles away who had no 07s on hand but did have two demo 08s. One listed for $54,000, the other $57,000. I could not get him to give a quite on the demos as he wanted to talk new. I left with no deal. On the drive back home, another dealer called who had an '07 show Q56, 9,000 miles, 22 inch wheels, custom grill and trim. He wants $47,000 and did not want to budge. I am tempted to walk. Is it me are do the Infinti dealers play hard ball in South Florida?
    Have you tried going outside your area? I was emailing dealers as far away as 200 miles away...
  • mlevinemlevine Posts: 205
    I would recommend QX56 2008 vs 2007. Much nicer and better features including automatic folding 3rd row seat. I would try infiniti of Coconut Creek for a 2008 QX, which is where I made my deal. They had many of these SUV's sitting in the lot.
    Be prepared to spend some time there.( Read my prior posts). Since moving to Florida I have found the car dealers challenging to deal with. Good luck.
  • johnhwjohnhw Posts: 111
    Spoke to my Infiniti dealer today about a 2008 QX56. The story on the 2009 is it will be out in June, with no changes versus the 2008. Then in 2010, the production moves back to Japan and there will be an extensive change then. I need one long before then so didn't ask about the changes coming in 2010.
    Now that you mention it, I think I did read somewhere about QX production moving to Japan in 2010...although I don't think it's "returning" to Japan...I beleive the only factory the QX has been assembled in to date is Mississippi.
  • mlevinemlevine Posts: 205
    I have noticed while driving both QX56 and escalades but have not seen a 2008 sequoia on the road. Have test drove one when the dealer first received one. Do see plenty of new highlanders and older model sequoias. I am quite shocked, as there appears to be many people acquiring sequoias on the forum.
    I have yet to see any new Sequoias on the road (really....none), but our dealers have PLENTY sitting on their lots (including all 3 of the ones that we looked at/test drove right around Xmas). My personal opinion is that the new Sequoia has a great powertrain and an excellent interior, in terms of room/flexibility, but the dash is a blessed mess and there is little "luxury" feel to it. We brought one home for a weekend visit and I started to warm up a bit to it, but not enough to even strongly consider it. That dash is just a mess....especially when you consider what Toyota is trying to charge for a Platinum model. You're talking QX, Escalade, GL, Denali, Navigator territory....
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,896
    A reporter hopes to speak with current owners of large SUVs who are trying to sell their vehicle and their experience. If you are a consumer with a large SUV that just sold or looking to sell, please respond to ctalati@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information no later than Monday, March 24, 2008.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• benbobenbo Posts: 13
    I wanted to reply to mlevine and share my buying experience. I traveled to Coconut Creek infiniti, about one and a half hours away, after making contact via the web. This is a hudge dealership with hundreds of cars on the lot. They also have plenty of salespersons who greeted ( kind of swarmed) me as I pulled up. As mlevine noted ,be prepared to spend lots of time. I spent the greater part of six (6) hours. If you stick to your guns, refuse to be intimidated, get good numbers before you go and stick to them, you can make a good deal. Bear in mind that the store must turn a profit and are not going to give cars away, you will do okay. I received a price a little over $7000.00 off MRSP. I left feeling that if I had haggled a little,more, a little longer and a little more aggressive , I could have wrung a few more hundred out of him. But,, I guess that I will never know. Life is good!!!! Thanks for the lead.
    So what did you get?