Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti QX56

Comments

• Does anyone know if Infinti offers money/rebates back to the dealers for cars that are classified as demos (up to 4k miles)as an incemtive to get rid of them?
  • I bought a 2005 QX56 yesterday with all the options except for ICC for $50,750.00. The car is AWESOME. Just AWESOME. My kids used the car seats in all the possible configuration. Sat on them to watch DVD, reconfigured the seats for a bed and they had their best mobile sleep. My wife was full of smiles on the way. The car is AWESOME.
  • qx56qx56 Posts: 69
    I just got my first taste of traction control. After last nights 8" snowfall, I was on my way down a winding road when the backend began to slide out to the right on me. Before I could start compensating, the left front wheel went into full antilock and pulled the QX right back into shape. Neat stuff!!!
  • 3/36 or 4/50? Anything longer for powertrain?
    Check out Infiniti.com for details. Extended warranties are available. This is from the site:
    Our standard warranties:
    4-year/60,000-mile basic coverage under the New Vehicle Limited Warranty
    4-year/60,000-mile Federal Emission Defect Limited Warranty
    6-year/70,000-mile Limited Powertrain Coverage
    7-year/unlimited-mileage Corrosion Coverage
    10-year/unlimited-mileage Seat Belt Warranty
  • I too was in the market to buy an Armada(i love the front grill) When i was ready to buy i went to the dealer and he wasnt there yet they told me he is running late so i went out to buy coffee I drive up 1/4 mile and i see infinti dealer I go in for kicks to see the QX56 (i know i cant afford it). Once i step inside it was like the armada was a horse and buggy compared to the QX.
    I went to the dealer and he gave me a better deal then the armada. I leased the car in 25 minutes the salesman was in shock. I told him to call the other place because it was the same ownership and tel the salesman why he shouldnt be late to work again
    I love this car
  • md_usermd_user Posts: 10
    I am not impressed when I see people compare the QX56 with Armada. Though they may look alike physically, they are 2 diff cars. I test drive the Armada before the Qx56 and I never went back to Armada though there is was $10000 price differential. I bought a QX56 fully loaded this past weekend. My 6 and 7 year old kids love it. Always remember that the QX56 is the luxury edition of Armada. I never hear anyone compare Lexus GX470 with Toyota 4Runner.
  • i wasnt trying to compare them as 2 comprable SUVs, all i was saying is if you are in the market for luxery the QX is the one you want. Since you brought up the GX470 how do you compare it to the QX56?
    I didnt look at the lexus because my wife wanted the size of the infinity. She needs 8 passanger car for carpooling
  • md_usermd_user Posts: 10
    The 2005 Lexus GX470 drives very good, but lacks 2 things when compared with the QX56. It's small in size and the rear door only opens manually and oddly to the side too. Something as simple as opening the rear door should not be manual for the cost of the car. The GX470 third row sit is USELESS, will not sit anyone with legs.. One good feature which almost made me buy the GX470 is the Bluetooth technology because I love gadgets.
  • I think the only reason the rear door is auto on the QX is because you cant find anybody who can actualy close the door after it is opened.
    This car is HUGE and TALL.
    My wife is 5-1 and she will need a ladder to close it, LOL
    Yeah, but it's great for tailgating parties and camping. Really keeps the weather off ya!
  • founderfounder Posts: 48
    I really want to get the QX, but I'm terrified of all the mechanical problems that i've been hearing. I think the QX is a great value for the money, I mean you can't beat 54 grand pric tag for a huge luxary sporte ute that's fully loaded with 4wd. Escalade, Denali, Range rover, Navigator, Land Crusier, and the LX470 are all well priced above this truck, well save for the Denali. The Sequioa based Lexus product that comes out next year sounds good, and i'm sure it'll be awesome, but i fear the price tag of this truck. We're probably looking at a 60 grand plus price tag, heck i'm a 100 percent sure this Lexus Sequioa will be high 60's to low 70's. Heck i wouldn't be the least bit surprised if this puppy baloons up to 80 grand.
  • qx bluesqx blues Posts: 10
    stay scared!!!!!!!!! I am getting rid of my worries! After having the brake pads replaced and rotors resurfaced 3 different times, and the rotors finally replaced, I am still experiencing problems. After next week, that will be no more! Arbitration with Infiniti just indicates they choose to stick to the warranty!! That's a bad manufacturer! I'm the one losing in the long run, making a payment every month while I continue to drive their problem child!
  • We're trying to decide in the next 36 hours if Infiniti QX56 would be a good buy. Anybody else had problems with this car? It's so new and I haven't seen a lot of people out there driving this car that there may not be enough useful information about it, especially from people who've had it for a year or more.
  • We will have had our QX56 a year next month, and as much as I love the vehicle I also hate it. In fact we are seriously considering trading it off in the next few weeks. We have driven it a lot, about 25000 miles already, and it has been "in the shop" about every two months. In fact it needs to go right now because we have an air bag light that will not go off. I just have had my fill of a $55000 truck that I have to continue to get little "Mickey Mouse" things repaired. It is a dream to drive, and I love all of its "gadgets", but we still have a lot of issues with the build quality of this thing. To make matters worse we have to drive almost 500 miles rouud trip and spend the night every time we get it worked on. It just isn't worth it. We traded in a Toyota Sequoia with about 50000 miles on it that was only in the shop once in two years for a very minor problem. I was hoping the 2005 models wouldn't have some of these issues and I could just trade it in for one of them, but I'm having second thoughts on that too. I may just by my first sedan in 18 years and drive it a year or two and wait for the new Sequoia based Lexus to come out. I can't speak for the 2005 models, but I would NOT buy another 2004 I promise you that.
    I to will have my QX a year come next month. You can read all the positive stuff by looking up my screen name. I sometimes think that there were two assembly line in Canton putting these things together because I have put mine "through the mill" and it continue to give me the service I paid for. I would be sick if I have the problems that others have had because of the high price of this rig. I have had the thing towing my 6000# boat and trailer, it's been up to it's axles in sand and water. I use it for work everyday and love it. The kids think I'm a little fanatical about the washings and waxing right through the winter months but hey, I hope to have it for years to come. BTW - I live about two mile from the Infiniti dealer so when I drop it off for the routine maintenance, I get the G35i for the night. Can't beat it!
  • jodyr2jodyr2 Posts: 3
    I bought my qx 56 last april. and sometimes I wish I had waited. they had to replace the bose dvd player x3. then the car shook a couple months later when I was braking from 40mph on down. and they replaced those x 3. now for the past 5months the suv rattles up front on the drivers dash, somewhere. they have torn it apart and it still rattles. IT is driving me crazy. I have been wondereing if I should consider getting the 05 qx. I wonder what kind of trade I would get. I do like the suv alot. The service I get from them is wonderful and they give me a fx45 to drive. what would you recommend. I have 22000 miles on this suv.
    thanks.
  • wendybewendybe Posts: 1
    I have 7500 miles on my Qx56 and today is the third time it's been in the dealership for brakes alone. (I won't go into the rattles, hatchback issue and the replacement of the Nav system). The service manager finally told me today that the braking system is defective because the rotors are undersized for the vehicle. He says that Nissan/Infinity are well aware of the situation and working on a fix but he did not know when that "fix" would take place. So in the meantime I get to drive a car that requires new rotors every three months. That is not safe. Does anybody have any concrete evidence that this has been resolved in 2005 before I ask them to take back my unsafe 2004 and give me a new 2005. I love the car and don't want any other vehicle but it's not safe.
  • guyw1guyw1 Posts: 2
    I have a 2005 QX56. I just had the first set of rotors and brakes installed at 9K miles, but I have been putting up with the shaking steering wheel for a while trying to wait for the fix until I couldn't stand it anymore. I am sure this is not the fix though. I like the size and rear seat room, but the other problems make it like driving a much cheaper vehicle. I am going to wait for the new Lexus full size this coming year. I have owned a Lexus before, a much superior vehicle, but I am also afraid that no one is going to want a used QX56 without taking a beating. Good luck to you 04 guys, but I don't think the 05 is any better.
  • As I write this, the Manufacturer's Rep is test driving my QX56 for brake/rotor issues and all the rattles, etc. They put new rotor, pins, etc on yesterday, but I do not have faith. This was also done 5 - 6 months ago, but failed to solve problem. This is the 5th time in for brake issue since purchase in March 2004. I, too, feel this is unsafe and ludicrous that a luxury car dealer feels this is satisfactory service and the best way to resolve. Not in my book. This unit should be taken back, and a newer one issued. I've yet to hear that it is considered "normal" for a car to need new brake pads/rotors, etc every 3 to 4 months....NOT what I paid for....I was looking for luxury, quiet, and a smoooooooth relationship with my car, and the dealer....I am so disappointed.