Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Forester Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• texasyxtexasyx Posts: 2
    It is a good deal. which dealership did you purchase this car? Is it in Houston? Thank you.
  • giuseppeggiuseppeg Posts: 3
    Example 2014 Subaru Foreste selling prices (base without options)

2.5i CVT MSRP $23,820 Invoice $22,549 Target Price $21,629
    2.5i Premium CVT MSRP $25,820 Invoice $24,372 Target Price $24,172
    2.0XT Premium CVT MSRP $28,820 Invoice $27,057 Target Price $26,737
    2.0XT Touring CVT MSRP $33,820 Invoice $31,661 Target Price $31,141

I got the target price from the Subaru kickback to the dealers in June. If you contact the internet department either at Shortline Aurora or Heuberger Colorado Springs they will honor these prices.
  • cpmonkeecpmonkee Posts: 12
    well my price paid was actually 24,100 and change...so target is okay?

Georgetown Subaru
    I dunno...it was tough...
  • texasyxtexasyx Posts: 2
    Thank you!
    let me know how ur purchase goes
  • mdubdroidmdubdroid Posts: 4
    edited July 2013
    Is $27-27.5k reasonable for a Ltd w/Nav? Thinking of stepping up to avoid the wait time ordering a Premium w/Nav which don't seem to be readily available.

Still trying to sift through all the posts, been pretty helpful so far. Thanks!
    u can typically go by each trim adding 2k to it. so 23 for 2.5i; 25 for premium, 27 for limited and 29 for touring etc... give or take...
  • tandortandor Posts: 5
    Looking for Residual and Money factor for a 2014 2.5i touring model.
    24 and 36 month lease 15K..

On a side note, I was looking to get a Bronze 2.5i with the eyesight system and was told that the eyesight system cant come with that color car. It was restricted to only certain color cars? Does this make sense to anyone? Has anyone else heard anything about this?
  • dlhansondlhanson Posts: 6
    I don't know about color restrictions for Eyesight but Heuberger Subaru in Colorado Springs has a burnished bronze 2014 Subaru Forester with Eyesight according to their website:

2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Touring w/Keyless Start/EyeSight/HID
    Engine: 2.5LL H-4 cyl
    Transmission: Continuously Variable
    Exterior Color: Burnished Bronze
    Interior Color: Dark Gray
    VIN: JF2SJAPC4EH443273
    Model Code: EFJ
  • terryt6terryt6 Posts: 9
    Great list. Very accurate. Some dealers may not want to match or treat you very rude when they see this list.
  • 14bronz14bronz Posts: 2
    I bought a Burnished Bronze 2014 2.5i CVT Touring yesterday in Colorado Springs for $28,244 which included Mirror Pkg #2 and Rugged Package #2 I believe. They tossed in a sun shade and gave me a clear bra and front window tinting at cost.

Heuberger Motors in Colorado Springs is the largest volume Subaru dealer in the world. Yes, WORLD. Easiest buying experience I've ever had. I suppose I could have gone back and forth for a few hundred less but I'm very happy. Make sure to contact internet sales for the best price. XTs are hard to come buy, they have to ordered and expect 8-12 weeks.
  • kjlrockerkjlrocker Posts: 5
    Hi all

I posed the following text on leasing category but didn't receive much response so far. So I just want to share this with you and hope to receive some comments from others. Any comments would be appreciated!

----
    I've been contacting multiple dealers in Missouri to find out the best deal for leasing 2014 Forester premium with all weather package. A local dealer gave me a quote:

375 monthly payment (including tax and everything). 36 month lease with 10k yearly mileage.
    Residual value: 17,207

A dealer in St. Louise said that he can do 365 per month with the same condition but it is away from where I live and car would not arrive until August 1st. (4 hours of a round trip).

Do you think this is a reasonable price? If you think I should deal more, what would be the best approach? It seems the demand is very high for Forester and dealers have little intention of dropping price. Any comments would be appreciated!!

Dug
  • 14bronz14bronz Posts: 2
    Dug, I think you would be better off buying the car and just financing it. The residual you are being quoted plus your total payments comes to almost $31K. It could be more if they want an up front fee and you still need to pay tax on your payments unless MO doesn't allow that. You should be able to buy the car you are wanting for $27K, maybe less and I think Subaru is running 2.9% financing as of late. You will not be restricted to 10K miles per year and I would venture to guess your 3 year old car will be worth more than $17K.

People have different reasons for leasing but I've never been able to build a business case for it unless you simply want a new car every 3 years.
  • kjlrockerkjlrocker Posts: 5
    Thanks for the comment, 14 Bronz. I agree that the car will be worth more than 17k after 3 years. I will probably call the dealer and ask how much I have to pay to purchase the car after the leasing term.
  • giuseppeggiuseppeg Posts: 3
    Congrats on your 2014 Bronze 2.5i Touring (I've heard good stuff about Heuberger). I paid $31k for my 2014 2.0XT Touring at Shortline Subaru Aurora, CO. Originally I put a deposit down for a 2014 2.0XT Premium for $27k but it got sold that same night. Either way I'm happy with the Touring options and the Turbo is worth it for me without sacrificing mpg I'm averaging about 26-27 on premium gas. What kind of mpg do you guys get with the 2.5i?
  • albert_malbert_m Posts: 1
    I personally think that leasing is huge waste of money and a bad deal... but that's probably why leasing has its own dedicated thread so that leasing and buying comments are cluttered together.
  • chrisff1chrisff1 Posts: 1
    i got a quote on limited w/ nag @ $26300 + doc fee + plate fee + tax, but it is factory order, 2~3 months of waiting
  • subarusuvsubarusuv Posts: 1
    Thats a great price. I just made a deposit for a limited trim(No Nav) Popular package 2 for $27460+ tax+title+Doc fees. What do you think?
    May I know from where you got the quote?
  • rameshbrameshb Posts: 4
    Guys

I got the following quote from a Subaru dealer. What do you think?

2014 Subaru Forester 2.5i Premium
    Model Code: EFF
    Color: Your choice!
    Option Code: 02 (All Weather Package)
    Heated Seats, Heated Windshield Wiper De-Icers, Heated Exterior Mirrors
    CVT Automatic Transmission

MSRP $26,320
    Invoice $24,789

Selling Price to order: $23,269

I think it is a good deal, what do you think?

Thanks
  • mysterxmysterx Posts: 2
    Pretty good deal. Which dealership and where?
  • xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 8,403
    Pretty good deal

That's a modest understatement! rameshb, I wouldn't lightly walk away from that offer. ;)
  • rameshbrameshb Posts: 4
    This is from Grand Subaru in Chicago. I'm from Detroit area and after reading through this thread wanted to get pricing from them. Glad I contacted them.

Well, what do you guys think about the navigation in the new Forester. Adding navigation and remote started would still keep me below $25K :)
  • karhill1karhill1 Posts: 102
    Leasing can be a great deal if the right vehicle is leased at the right time. The best leases are when the OEM subsidizes the lease with a low money factor and\or high residual value.

Most people do not understand a lease. The truth is with a leased vehicle, a person can do anything they can do with a purchased vehicle. They can keep it, sell it, or trade it at a dealer. In addition, they can just give it back at the end of the lease. That cannot be done with a purchased vehicle

With the right lease, people do not pay much more than if they bought the vehicle. They often do have less in equity but that is simply because they pay a lower monthly payment. Equity is not free.

And always, people need to negotiate the price of the leased vehicle as they would for a purchased vehicle.
  • xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 8,403
    Me, not being a fan of tech-nannies, would have to recommend that you save your money for something more useful over the long run. If you really want navigation, you could get a better portable unit for far less cost.

Auto-starts are a nice convenience feature, but entirely unnecessary. Again, far better aftermarket units are out there, and probably at comparable cost to the factory unit.

The only drawback to either of these suggestions is that you won't be able to finance the cost of non-dealer/factory-installed options. ;)
  • verbmomverbmom Posts: 4
    I may be mistaken, but it appears that the only way that you can get a Forester with satellite radio is also to get navigation. I hope that I am wrong! I am interested in buying a Limited without navigation, but I also really want the satellite radio (without wires hanging out all over and without after-market installation).
  • g40txg40tx Posts: 4
    Chrisff1,
    Same price here in Houston, but I didn't ask the sale rep if the reservation or deposit that I gave will be deducted from the total price. Plus I have to wait till the end of the month for the vehicle to arrive. Any input from the group will help. Thanks.
  • kyakujakyakuja Posts: 1
    Hi, Schewmi,

I would like to buy a Forester Premium and I am living at Montgomery County. Could you please share with me the dealership name and the person that you were working with?

Thanks
  • I was looking for a 2014 Forester. Best price around Baltimore area by far was at the Rt 40 West Subaru dealership - Russell. We ultimately decided to go with an 2013 Outback and then Jones Junction matched Russel's great price but also had lifetime oil changes. But if you are in Montgomery County, highly suggest checking Russell. The new Forester is a real nice car. Good luck.
  • novarpnovarp Posts: 2
    Hey all. Very excited about my first Subaru purchase. I live in Northern Virginia which is part of the Washington DC metro area. I have contacted a few dealerships in Va and Md, but not got any good quote. Would you'll share your buying experience and prices paid for the trim level in the subject line.
    Thanks in advance.