Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Forester Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• As for the maintenance plan, this one I haven't done yet, but might consider because of the $500 cash incentive that my dealer (Matt Slap Subaru in DE) told me about (towards a future Subaru). Matt Slap Subaru's pricing for the 7,500 interval (after tax)
    in September was

Subaru Maintenance Plan

7,500 interval

3/36,000 = $720
    3/45,000 = $880

Ask for Nicole and tell her Craig referred you.
  • The service (maintenance plan) covers the Subaru recommended services. For example, the 3/36 (every 7,500) plan covers the 7,500, 15K, 22.5 and 30K services. I priced the 15K and 30K service and those alone were more than the maintenance plan costs. However, I believe that Subaru overprices their services and I am going to an independent mechanic for about 50% of the cost.
  • thanks, that's who I was trying to get in touch with back In August and we just kept missing each other. I will try again for the maintenance plan - agree the prices are good if you go to dealer for those repairs - 15K and 45K are $389 and 30K and 60K are $629 - so add 15, 30 are $1018 alone. I get every other oil change free so that's changes things a little bit as far as oil change at 22.5K. Try Bill Kolb, Jr Subaru in orangeburg, NY ask for the finance guy. His was a good rate on warranty also - 7/70K for $825 + NY tax - Be careful which they quote you - the classic or the gold plus - I got 0 ded gold plus.
  • Probably because I was keeping her so busy with email questions. I also got the Gold Plan. For people that are curious, Subaru spells out these plans here.

http://www.subaru.com/finance-center/added-security-plans.html
  • Hi joepat711 just noticed your post...where did you purchase your new Forester?
    I'm in Vt. and can't seem to find a dealer that will budge much on price..A trip to Ct. might be fun.
  • I went to Subaru Stamford, it's right off I-95 exit 6.
    I got in contact with the internet manager using Subaru's website for a quote, here's his email: jdimeglio@SubaruStamford.com (Jonathan) otherwise just go through the website. His price was on point from the beginning, buying a 2010 and last week of month may have helped. Also note that the doc fee was 299 and that may vary by dealer and state so take that in consideration in overall price when comparing locally in VT.

Good luck.
  • baires60baires60 Posts: 30
    edited November 2010
    sorry this is in reply to dorset45

Hi try Georgetown Subaru - Reid Ferris, I think they're in CT too, I seem to remember he had good prices too. I almost bought from him but really didn't want to go to Ct.

Joepat any luck with the warranties?
  • Just ordered my 2011 to replace my 2008. Added PZEV, Sirius, All Weather, rear cargo pad and cover, auto rear mirror, fog lamps, moon roof deflector: $23,925 before tags taxes etc. Same price as I paid in 2008.

Best car I have ever owned. :)
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Congrats. :shades:
  • Hi,
    I'm trying to decide on the 2010 or 2011 forester. I live in Canada. I don't have a lot of cash to buy but I'm trying to decide if it's better to buy one of lease. (In the pasat I've leased 2 legacy wagons, which I miss now that they're gone.)
    Here lease rates for 3 years, for 2010 Sport tech, are 1.9% with .48% residual; the 2011 is 3.9% with .58% residual. I was told the 2011 is the best lease deal.
    To purchase the 2010 Sport Tech is 2.9% with 5 years; the 2011 is 4.9% for 5 years. so they said buying the 2010 is the better deal there.
    I am not great at figuring these things out, so I appreciate any advice. They say the sport techs are going very quickly.
    Also, is it worth waiting for the 2011? I don't care about the GPS. If I lease, I'm not concerned about replacing the timing belt since it won't be an issue, but are the improvements to the 2011 worth the extra cost? I'm also thinking of going through Carcost Canada as I have in the past. They made it pretty painless.
    Also, if I lease again, should i put a down payment into it?
    thanks for the help. I need to make a decision very soon, and I always get nervous about the number crunching. thanks.
    cdndriver
    With a 10% residual edge I'd go with the 2011 on a lease.

Even on a purchase, it's only 2% more interest. In the long run you'll probably get some of that money back at trade-in time, and you can enjoy the enhancements the whole time. Plus, if you buy, the timing chain helps.
  • mdaimdai Posts: 1
    Hi

I want to buy a 2011 Forester std. model auto, and I got a price $20525 + $347(TTL).Is that a good deal? Thank you.
    You're among the first, so there may be no deals to compare to. Sounds about right, though.
  • hisownhisown Posts: 1
    edited November 2010
    Which trim did you get? any options/accessories? because that price is basically the MSRP for the base 2.5X

I got a 2.5X Premium w/ AWP for 22,000 before taxes/fees.
  • After looking around for a long time, I finally went ahead and bought a 2011 Forester Limited yesterday. Seeing pricing on these forums has been really useful to me so, so I thought some of you might be interested in hearing what I paid. It's a little tricky to figure out the numbers, but I'd say the approximate discount ended up being about $3,400 off MSRP. It had been advertised at $3,100 off MSRP. Really liking the Forester so far.
    Congrats, you're the 2nd 2011 owner I've heard from.
  • Looks like I didn't get as good of a deal as some of the others :cry:. No wonder they agreed so quickly.

Anyway...I just picked up a 2011 Forester 2.5X Auto with the Alloy Wheel Package for 21,180 (+accessories and TTL).
    Meh, 10 years from now a small up-front difference in cost won't make much difference. Congrats and enjoy!
  • This is my 2nd Forester. Got satellite, wind hood and cargo mat. Much roomier than last one. Driver's seat lumbar excellent. Cockpit and lighting much improved. Bluetooth and USB port a bonus. :) :) :)
    We're also on our 2nd, you're not kidding about it being much roomier. From tight to roomy.

We like the blue LEDs, too.

Congrats!