Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Forester Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• I also picked up my first new Forester today.
    It is 2011 Forester Premium with All winter package, cargo tray and remote starter. The car price is $22K. That is the lowest I can find so far in Boston area.

I like it very much. I especially like the oversize moonroof, bluetooth and the features for winter. I do feel that it is a little bit smaller than my previous camry. But that is ok because I am not a big guy.

One thing I noticed on the spec is that Forester has similar power compared to CRV and RAV4, but provides twice towing capacity as much as the other two does. Is it a typo or something else.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    2400 lbs IIRC. Trailers over 1000 lbs should have trailer brakes, though, as it pretty much industry-standard.

Congrats - you'll love the seat heaters for winter.
  • xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 8,391
    Congrats - you'll love the seat heaters for winter.

Yep, even coming from a seat-heater-hater, I have grown to like the ones on my '10 Forester. :blush:
    Warms my buns and back. I like that it has both.
  • I've been exchanging emails with the local dealer and have the cap cost at $20,935 for a base 2.5x Forester. He said with the $20,935 cap cost, my payment will be $247.10 for 36 months 10K. Should I assume that does not include taxes? Anybody know the current residual and money factor he used to get there?
  • Touring with:
    - Navigation system
    - AutoDim Mirror w/ homelink
    - Luggage compartement cover
    - Rear bumper cover
    - Splash guard kit
    - Cargo tray and all weather floor mats

According to Edmunds, invoice price $29150

Negotiated $28995, out the door after all taxes and fees $30250.

Good price?
    Congrats and yes, the dealer's gotta feed his kids, go easy on 'em next time. :shades:
  • I'm buying 2 foresters. The following is the price quoted:

2011 auto forester premium with all weather package, cargo tray, luggage cover, and all weather mats for $23,600 including all fees except tax and DMV fees

2011 auto with alloy wheel package, cargo tray, luggage cover, all weather mats for $21,200 including all fees except tax and DMV fees

What do you think?
    Thanks
    2? Use that as leverage to get one dealer to give you deep discounts on both purchases.
  • I never bought a new car before and those are the cheapest prices i can get so far. Are they good?
    Compare them to what you can find at Fitzmall.com, a no-haggle dealer here in the mid atlantic. That'll give you an idea of what people are paying, at least in this region.
  • 2011 forester auto 2.5X/awp
    Just get the price from dealer, it is $21000(invoice $21897), but have to pay $195 (pin stripes) + $95 (vin etching) +tax, title, license and fees.

what do you guys think?

Thanks
  • SOunds pretty good to me nut Yea, Check FitzMall.com for reference
  • What is vin etching?
  • VIN Etching - they mark the windows with the VIN allegedly in the event the car gets stoled it can be identified and is harder for the chop shop to sell. Rip off according to anything I have read. The VIN is on every other part of the vehicle and if chop shopd couldn't deal with them no cars would be stolen and sold.

Ask a cop if it's useful.
  • VIN etching is also done Free in some parts of the country by the police - I had my car etched in NY - they did all the windows of the VW Jetta - I am waiting to get the Subaru Forrester done for the free push - it also can save on ionsurance in some places. Check with your insurer, I am sure a chop shop could burn the numbers off if they wanted too but why go to the trouble if there's another car 2 spots down that is nice and clean. I did it for the insurance, just never submittied it..I will with the forester.
  • That's exactly the one I am going to buy, hunting now.
    May I ask which dealer got this nice deal for you and contact name? thanks .
  • tazzitazzi Posts: 23
    edited December 2010
    Am looking to buy a 2011 Forester Limited. One of the area dealers has one that I want to buy (base Limited with popular equipment group 5B (auto dimming mirror w/homelink and security sensor) and a rear bumper cover.
    MSRP: $27,990
    $3402 off for a selling price of $24,588 + TTL
    Another dealership is offering $3402 off all their Foresters in stock but don’t have any limited ones in stock. My dealership is willing to match the price.
    Good deal?
    What is the securing sensor anyway?
  • A good baseline for prices is Fitzmall. They'll negotiate their stated prices a little and will even ship cars to you if you want that hassle. You should be able to get about the same prices from youor local dealer

http://www.fitzmall.com/fitzway/locations/makelocation.asp?lstMAKE=Subaru
  • willysowillyso Posts: 1
    edited January 2011
    Tazi mind sharing the dealership name that is offering 3402 off
    Thanks