Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Forester Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• tazzitazzi Posts: 23
    Elk Grove Subaru was the dealership offering the $3402 off. Maita Subaru was offering $3189 off as well.

I bought from Autowest Honda in Roseville because they were closer to me and had the limited version.
  • tazzitazzi Posts: 23
    Oops...make that Autowest Subaru - not Honda. Sorry about that!
  • Just turned in 08' Outback Lease and decided to try a Forester this time...

Deal was this:
    MSRP 26,189.00
    Cap Cost 23,900.00
    Out of Pocket 322.00 licence Reg
    36 at $275.00
    62% Residual is 16,237.18
    Money Factor .00215
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Look at that residual, sweet!

Congrats.
  • umvasumvas Posts: 1
    Need help!! Is it a good price.

I am getting 2011 Forester 4dr Auto 2.5X Premium w/All-W Pkg & TomTom Nav Price with following options

Backup Camera,
    auto dimming mirror w/homelink and security sensor,
    all weather floor mats,
    Popular Equiptment group 1A -inc: rear bumper cover, platinum cargo tray, luggage compartment cover, splash guards

for MSRP : $27,060
    Final Dealer negotiated price $23,500 + TTL + Taxes.
  • xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 8,269
    Seriously? A price of $23,500 on that MSRP? If this is the car you want, I think it would be downright foolish to pass while trying to holdout for a better deal. ;)
  • which dealer gave you such good offer? I really want the same deal ,could you give me some information . .thx
  • fnamowiczfnamowicz Posts: 191
    Has anybody had problems with closing the rear hatch?
    It has to be slammed hard for it to completely close otherwise you might leave it
    partially opened overnight or longer, which isn't good for the battery.
    I think you can adjust the position of the latch, at least that was the case on my 1998 model.
    Yes, I have. It can be a real PITA sometimes. Most of the times it is great, but every once in a while.... :mad:
  • jogousajogousa Posts: 402
    I have to slam the rear hatch as well but I would not adjust it. If it is not tight enough, you may get a squeek from rear hatch rubbing against the rubber hatch seal/weather stripping, when car body flexes in turns.
    In my opining, the right way to "slam" it is to hold it/pushing it, while closing. That way you don't really drop it from wide open position .... you don't want the rear window pop out, while closing it.
  • The cargo tray in the rear must be pushed forward or the hatch will not close. I had same problem. This worked.
    I wonder if some velcro or other anti-slip on the bottom of the mat would keep it from sliding back again?

That has happened to me, too.
  • rear bumper cover, splash guard kit and a/t. this is the alaska price, i guess. i know that i got robbed, but i wanted the vehicle. each extra feature kept raising the price. dealer would not move at all. sticker was 26,149. this vehicle better be running until i die.
  • first thing i noticed -- had to shut it about 5 times -- kept waiting for the little red light to go off. 4 speakers in xprem are not too hot, either.
  • jogousajogousa Posts: 402
    edited January 2011
    Actually, if your car comes with rear cargo tray it does have a non-slip carpet-like pad under the cargo tray. Alternatively, you can go to Home Depot or Lowes and buy the same non-slip kitchen drawer liner, cut it in size and put it under the rear cargo tray. It's like a rubber mesh looking non-slip liner. I have it all over my storage places in my car to prevent stuff from sliding around.
    Our 2009 has that.

My old 1998 model did not, so the tray would slide back and interfere.

Not surprisingly, the 98 would not latch at times, but the 09 always does.
    edited January 2011
    Sometimes I literally have to slam mine with all my strength to get it to close. Both of my license plate lights have stopped working as a result. It really pisses me off, frankly, but I have not adjusted it because I would be more annoyed by a constant hatch rattle than I am by the occasional need to beat my car into submission. It is definitely not an issue of object interference.

Considering how easily it closes most of the time, I suspect it is an issue with the latch mechanism sticking.
  • wow, i just got the premium auto with awp with rear bumper cover and splash guard kit -- for 26,983 out the door. i paid way too much for this.
    edited January 2011
    Where did you buy your car? The local dealer here (only one with in 350 miles) will not budge on price either. I ended up taking a 2200 mile trip to get mine, and saved $2500 doing it (after factoring the cost of the trip!).