Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier-Subaru Forester Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• We purchased a 2011 Forester Premium with AWP, auto, fog lights, and the mats and stuff for a good bit below invoice - went to Jones Junction. Recommend going to Truecar.com and go to Jones at the end of the month. In the beginning they would not budge but on last day to of the month they dropped significantly below invoice - best of all deals plus lot of sweet freebies.

Best of luck,
  • budhinabudhina Posts: 8
    how much was the invoice price for this ?

Thanks
  • mar4500mar4500 Posts: 3
    I want to purchase a 2011 Subaru Forester what would be a great price off $27,720 MSRP?
  • casubbiecasubbie Posts: 1
    We just bought a Subaru Forester 2.5x with an automatic transmission with options (rear bumper cover, cargo mat, and luggage compartment cover) for ~$19850 + TTL (~$1800 below invoice). Went to Capitol Subaru in SJ. It took us a while to get them to budge as well. Good luck to those of you car shopping!
  • mar4500mar4500 Posts: 3
    2011 Subaru Forester 2.5X Limited Automatic

- Color: Satin White Pearl

- Interior: Platinum Leather

- MSRP: $ 27,974

- Dealer’s Invoice: $ 26,029

- Edmunds True Market Value: $ 26,173

- Your Subaru of georgetown ePrice: $ 25,507 + TT&L
  • craig1300craig1300 Posts: 1
    edited July 2011
    After reading this forum, just picked up a new 2011 Subaru Forester 2.5x Automatic here with Alloy Wheel Package, Option 1B, Auto Dim Mirror and Compass, and the all weather mats, cargo tray, etc. The deal was in NJ at World Subaru. Car is Spark Silver. Here is the breakdown:

MSRP = 23830
    Edmunds Invoice Price with all the equivalent options = 22322

I paid $1014 under invoice, 21307.50 + TTL. I thought this was a good deal, hope I was right. The other dealers around my area wouldn't drop lower than $500 under invoice. I was originally interested in the premium but I couldn't justify the extra $2500+ or so for what I was getting.

My wife still needs to get used to the low passenger seat. Thanks to everyone here for all your posts, it was great to know the real deal everyone was getting. Even truecar was high

Craig
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    edited July 2011
    We had a 98 and while I loved it, my wife loves her 09 Forester even more. It's right-sized. Smaller than a Chevy Cobalt outside, 114 cubic feet of space inside.

And they didn't carve out 114 feet - instead they started with a large box and designed the cargo area around that. That's why both C&D and Consumer Reports fit a large volume box inside vs. the CR-V.

My brother has a CR-V and it's also nice, a little less car-like, but nice. For me the AWD system along meant I was going with a Subaru.

Funny part?

After he got his CR-V, his wife bought a Forester. LOL
  • kenman93kenman93 Posts: 2
    We are looking to buy a small suv in the next 4-6 weeks in Atlanta. Our choices are down to the forester(currently favored) and crv. We have owned three subaru cars-2legacys and 1 forester turbo (all JDM 2000). I like the moonroof so might go for the 2.5 x premium; however, not sure whether it will be much used here in the south tho to justify its extra expense. Also like the foglights and alloys are a must. How much discount can Iexpect off the MSRP/invoice in Atlanta? Would one be able to get better bargais here since not as many subarus are sold in the south as in the north-I assume?
    Plus supply was cut short, since it's built in Gunma, Japan.

Forester has been selling well, so there's no cash back. See if the local dealers will offer invoice pricing, at least.
  • momo31momo31 Posts: 1
    Got a 2011 Subaru Forester 2.5X Premium w/ AWP, fog lights

Selling Price: $24,589 + Dealer Fee ($489) + TT

Was a little over what I wanted to settle on, but they gave me $1,000 more on an old trade-in that I didn't think I would get much of anything for. They doubled what CarMax offered me. Also, it was the one car in the entire state that had everything my wife and I both wanted on it and nothing too extraneous.

Settled everything except price for trade-in online before going to dealership. I was very pleased with the experience at the dealership. They were straightforward and professional. No tricks. Now, we'll see how the car holds up. First Subie!
  • looking for 2.5x limited in bay area... what price should i aim at ?
    does the turbo worth that $3500 more?
  • itworksitworks Posts: 1
    Hi benjamin9876, I am in bay area, also thinking about a Forrester. Did you pull the trigger?
  • jogousajogousa Posts: 402
    Well, it depends. It's nice to have one and it may increase resale value later. I've got 2010 Forester XT over a year now.
    The mileage is not as good as the non-turbo but it helps on those long climbs on I-70 "before the tunnel"....
  • Hello, I was just offered a 2.5x Premium with all-weather package. MSRP $24964, invoice $23356 for $22856, lease 36 mo. 15,000 miles, 52% residual and money factor of .00095. Is this a good deal? Payments quoted at $279.13/month.
  • is this a decent deal: 2011 Forester Premium, 5-speed,AWP, Cargo Tray, Splash Guard Kit, Auto-Dim Mirror w/Compass, Luggage Compartment Cover, PZEV Emissions Equipment, Rear Bumper Cover, Body Side Molding Kit, Luggage Compartment Cover: $24,440 + $1,542 tax = $25,982

My offer was $23,350 + $1,460 tax = $24,810

Said their price was $200 over 'their invoice' and couldn't go lower. I'm in Western MA and finding a 5 speed Prem w/AWP is tough. So just wondering if their current offer is a good deal or not. What do you say back when they tell you they are selling just over their invoice and can't go lower?
    Well, the catch is supply is short right now, so in terms of timing, they are perhaps correct. My brother had to wait a month for his Premium model.

There's a little wiggle room, though. They get the $200 plus the 2% holdback.

Offer flat invoice and see what they do. You'd have to raise you offer about ~$800 or so, though.
  • Well I ended up getting the car for $24,240, plus tax and $398 in fees, registrationg, inspection, etc. Plus 3 free synthetic oil changes. Picked it up today.
  • I am looking for 2.5x Limited in Boston area, add splash guard, luggage compartment cover, rear bumper cover and back up camera. MSRP: $27,730, Invoice: $25,916. The dealer will add $400 Ad fee+ $200 doc fee to the invoice price. What is this Ad fee and doc fee? Is good deal, if I offer $25,500 plus tax, registration and tiltle?

I need to wait 2 weeks to have the car.
    Congrats!

What color? Trans? Model?

Enjoy new car smell...